RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
hype13
 
hype13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: london. uk.
I am currently:
lock myself away.

i cant even begin to write whats wrong, or where to start.
ive been listening to loud music for the past 5 hours, pacing around my kitchen, trying to calm down.
all i wanna do is crumble, to fall apart, to scream, cry, hurt myself.
i cant i gotta pretend im alright.
god thats all i wanna do, n its killing me that i cant,
so much stuff in my brain, too much is coming to the surface now, n i cant cope.
im scared.
i know theres loadsa of ppl out there who will feel like this, thats why im here, i dont expect ppl to respond,
i dont ever expect anything.... i just didnt know where to go...

<3

hype13 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 07-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it
 
PassedExpectations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Upstate New York
I am currently:

i think that after five hours of trying the same thing, its probably time to try something different. take a different approach. what other things could you try? maybe you could go to the distractions list to get some ideas.

is there a reason that you can't scream? theres no reason that you have to lock all your emotion inside and let it torture you. maybe you could scribble or write out everything, without thinking about what you're writing, or worrying about making it logical or neat or all that.

letting people know that you are having difficulties doesn't make you weak, and it can get you really valuble support. even if you don't get much help, keeping everything a secret is a real burden, and it can be really releiving to get it in the open




this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.



PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie


PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #3
lonely_hope
I'm not worth the air I breathe
 
lonely_hope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: US
I am currently:

Like what PastExpiration said, do you think you could find something else to help? If what you're doing isn't working out for you, it could be a good thing to explore new ideas for something that would help :) When I'm triggered, I like to play guitar or write poetry. Getting out of the house can be helpful too. I also draw on myself with a red marker/pen sometimes, since it is the general color of blood, but doesn't do any harm. I've also heard holding an ice cube to your skin works pretty well... it causes some pain, but also doesn't do damage.

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time :( You're not alone in this though. It isn't any fun to pretend everything is alright when nothing is *hugs* Is there anyone you can talk to so you could let out what's going on?

I really hope you're doing alright! Never hesitate to send a message if you want to talk

*hugs and love*



"God take me, because I hate me" -Underoath
We are male and female. We are artists, athletes, and students. We have depression, PTSD, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, or maybe no diagnosis at all. Some of us were abused, some not. We come from all walks of life and can be any age. We are every race or religion that you can think of. Our common link is this: We are in pain. We self-injure. And we are not freaks.


lonely_hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
hype13
 
hype13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: london. uk.
I am currently:

I'm trying to cope ATM with all feelings of being abused when I was younger by a family member. Ive blocked so many things away, I need to fall a mess and a I can't. It killing my more n more everyday.
X

hype13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:43 PM   #5
Horizon
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
I am currently:

Do you have professional support for the feelings surrounding the abuse?
If you have been trying to calm yourself down in one way for five hours, it's probably time to try a different method of calming yourself. How about journaling, painting, drawing, breathing exercises?

Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:46 AM.