RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2011, 07:36 AM   #1
CrispConnoisseur
 
CrispConnoisseur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
I am currently:
In the future

It is now the 'future' and I have quit self harming. Yes, I "slip up" once a blue moon and scratch deep, but nothing compares to my past injuries. I guess, falling out of habit, it becomes less. It became less and stopped. It is possible.

Things will always take time, and so what if you slip up? It is always just another bump in the road. The road may never end, but at least you can say you are still walking down it. Some people cannot walk down it. But you can.

I self harmed for the best of seven, eight years, but eventually I stopped. Time, patience and... well, time, helped. It could take half a life time to stop, if you want to stop, but you will stop... if you wish to. Only if you wish to eventually.

Something that helps at the time is never 100% bad. No, don't sink deep into it; it is still bad, but it is helping you through life at the moment. And eventually you will over come that and not need to do it. Things improve and you will find the ability to just... stop. No, not just stop, but gradually stop, or just stop. It depends on what happens, I guess. You could just stop or slowly stop, what happens happens.

Don't ever feel pressured. Truely, you will find your ways. A million or a million and one years it could take, but that is better than... well, not even the thought.

Smile and smile the next day, even if you don't want to. A smile is contagious. You're still going, and that means you are strong. Very strong.

I blab on a lot, but I truely mean it, so, whatever. Maybe somebody will smile at this or find inspiration, or even have a flicker of hope, or even stop the harm. Who knows?

Hey, you are on a site called "recover" your life, aren't you? It isn't just nerds sat at a computer typing babble, it's a site of nerds sat at a computer supporting and asking for support! Wether you like it or not, you are never alone on here.


CrispConnoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
BridgesAndBalloons
A Thimblesworth of Milky Moon
 
BridgesAndBalloons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010

Thank you for sharing this, I too think slip ups are all part of the recovery process and slip ups don't mean failure. I think people do have various ways of stopping self harm, and something that works for one person might not work for another but the main thing is recovery. Heading to recovery is like a path up a mountain, there might be a few different paths but the end point is the same.





BridgesAndBalloons is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:30 PM.