RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2011, 08:40 AM   #1
DaveH
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stoke on Trent
I am currently:
Introduction

Hi,

My name is Dave. I introduced myself on the main site but thought I'd do it here too. I'm 43 so a little (or a lot!!!) older than a lot of people on this site I am guessing. Over the last 18 months my life has just fell apart so I definitely fall into the depression category.

My wife had a affair with her boss nearly 18 months ago. I found out about it and she went for the jugular. I am now living in rented accommodation and missing my two gorgeous kids (9 and 4) like mad. I see them as often as I can, every other weekend and a couple of time during the week, but can't seem to sit at home. The walls just keep closing in.

I'll never forget the look on my daughters face when I had to tell her I had to move out. Just holding her, both sobbing, broke my heart and will stay with me forever.

Anyway. As I say, I'm not sure what category I fall into but I just liked the title of the site... Lets hope I can recover my life. Anyone want to chat just drop me a line. I'm not miserable all the time... honest.

Good luck to you all.

Dave

DaveH is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 05-03-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
tifflehan
 
tifflehan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Leeds, UK
I am currently:

Hello again Dave!!!! Hows it all going?



SERENITY is my RYL mum.
SOLO is my RYL auntie.
SEFKA is my RYL daughter.
DAYS GONE BYE is my RYL sister.
JEFFERSON.MERIWETHER is my RYL son.
OLINESS is my RYL son.


tifflehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day
 
one_step_closer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Scotland

Hi Dave, welcome to RYL and to vets. I hope you find it helpful here. Please get in touch at any time. Take care.





I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.


one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
crazykat
Fight for another day
 
crazykat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Australia

Hi Dave
Welcome to VETS
It's nice to meet you :)



"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."


crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #5
Laura2.0
 
Laura2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Germany

Hi Dave!
Nice to meet you and welcome to Vets.



You survived the abuse.
You're gonna survive the recovery.

- Olivia Benson

Laura, Ginger, Cassi, Luna, Joni, Lena


Laura2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #6
Glass bead
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Leicester
I am currently:

Hi Dave
I'm 52 and just joined yesterday - yes and feeling rather old too.
I feel for you missing your beautiful children. I am blessed with a wonderful husband but I feel I have let him down terribly as I have gone into burning myself with a vengence because I don't feel good enough and supportive enough for him. his health has been a big worry for me over the last 2 years and everything has become too much
I'm glad you talked and cried with your daughter. She will know how you feel and it is not her fault that you have had to leave her.
My very best wishes
Love and hugs
Jane

Glass bead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
duracell bunny
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
Hi,

My name is Dave. I introduced myself on the main site but thought I'd do it here too. I'm 43 so a little (or a lot!!!) older than a lot of people on this site I am guessing. Over the last 18 months my life has just fell apart so I definitely fall into the depression category.

My wife had a affair with her boss nearly 18 months ago. I found out about it and she went for the jugular. I am now living in rented accommodation and missing my two gorgeous kids (9 and 4) like mad. I see them as often as I can, every other weekend and a couple of time during the week, but can't seem to sit at home. The walls just keep closing in.

I'll never forget the look on my daughters face when I had to tell her I had to move out. Just holding her, both sobbing, broke my heart and will stay with me forever.

Anyway. As I say, I'm not sure what category I fall into but I just liked the title of the site... Lets hope I can recover my life. Anyone want to chat just drop me a line. I'm not miserable all the time... honest.

Good luck to you all.

Dave
hi dave

just read your post and it struck a chord with me on a load of different levels.

just wondered how you are doing now ? i know that feeling of the walls closing in mate - sorry - its horrid isnt it .

i know it probably wont help at this stage , but as i kiddie i went through the same experience your daughter went through and it never harmed my relationship with my dad- if anything it bought us so much closer together and i absolutely worship the ground he walks on now - so your probably worrying about it far more than you need to

but i know it hurts now mate - sorry

1 of the things that i have found that helps me with the utterly distressing thoughts is that i do a bit of running - it really seems to help and snaps me out (for a little while at least) of that soul destroying mindset .
could you maybe try a bit of running or jogging to help a little ?
it just seems to have helped me more than anything else i have tried

anyway i will leave you in a bit of peace now - notice your in stoke by the way

hello from a fello stokie - i'm not quite sure what that little yellow man is doing but i'll send you a smiley 1 too

duracell bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:59 AM.