RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2011, 01:40 AM   #1
Felix
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West Coast, USA
I am currently:
Im going to therapy now and Im seeing a psychiatrist

I think its starting to help me out. I told my Psychiatrist and Therapist that Ive been cutting but they didnt really react to it. I know that cutting is something that I need to stop on my own. I just thought it was kind of weird that they never told me to stop or even talk about how bad cutting can be.
Is this normal?
I cut myself last month for the first time in years.
Now Im not really sure if I want to stop again :(
But I know that I need to.


Last edited by Felix : 07-03-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:40 AM   #2
lonely_hope
I'm not worth the air I breathe
 
lonely_hope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: US
I am currently:

It's great you're getting help! That's a wonderful start :) I would find it a bit odd that they didn't mention anything about the seriousness of cutting though... that's always been the focal point of my past experiences. It may be something they want to think about before talking with you about it though.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time with wanting to stop cutting :( It's so difficult to get past SI. But it's a good thing it's something you haven't done in years. That ensures that you will be able to go longer next time. It is always possible to recover- and you'll never be alone in this. I really hope you're doing alright... have you done anything to get your mind off cutting?

Don't hesitate to send a PM if you ever want to talk :)

*hugs and love*



"God take me, because I hate me" -Underoath
We are male and female. We are artists, athletes, and students. We have depression, PTSD, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, or maybe no diagnosis at all. Some of us were abused, some not. We come from all walks of life and can be any age. We are every race or religion that you can think of. Our common link is this: We are in pain. We self-injure. And we are not freaks.


lonely_hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
musicmad123
my invisible cat thinks you're weird...
 
musicmad123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Torbay,UK
I am currently:

You don't need to stop cutting on your own, they are there to help you. But it does have to be your decision to stop, otherwise you won't. So I guess they don't bother lecturing you on how bad it is cause you probably already know, and until you feel ready to quit, they probably won't have much influence.x



Let the Force be with you
I'm not short, I'm space efficient



musicmad123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:08 PM.