RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
not superwoman
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
I am currently:
i dont ask for help

I have been a member of this site for over a year and I try to help others on here when I am able to get on here. But I don't ask for help but I am taking the step to ask. Reason being I don't ask is because I think others need more help then me.
I slipped up after not SI for about 5-6 months. But things have gotten worse for me again and I didn't know what to do or to handle the things going on. All I want is a bit of advice to change my habits.

not superwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
Celticroots
 
Celticroots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United States
I am currently:

Hey,

I am sorry to hear you're struggling at the moment. Do you know why you started cutting again? As far as changing habits, have you tried journaling? You could try to write about your feelings, what's triggering you at the moment, etc. You could also try going for a walk around the block, ripping up paper, going to the gym for a work out, calling a friend.

I hope you feel better soon!

Take care!

Celticroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #3
Hobbes
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
I am currently:

Hi

I hate asking for help too so i know what you mean.
Not SIing for 5-6 months is brilliant by the way and a slip-up definitely doesnt mean you're back to the beginning. Im not that brilliant with advice about changing the habit since i havent done it myself but feel free to pm me if you want to chat x

Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:14 AM   #4
lifeasasymptom
inside your restless soul, your heart is dying
 
lifeasasymptom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Melb
I am currently:

I think one habit you could try and challenge is the belief that others need more help than you. I also struggle with asking for help, but I've slowly become better. I remind myself that even if I think others' problems are worse, if I'm slipping, or really want to harm then what I'm feeling is impacting badly on me, and I deserve to ask for help.

But congratulations on going so long without self-harming. That's an amazing achievement, and slipping a little does not take away from how strong you've managed to be, and how much you'll be able to fight the urges in the future.
x



you get what everyone else gets. a life time.

lifeasasymptom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:27 AM.