RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
long road
Has less of a life than Pi.R^2
 
long road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Ceiling
I am currently:
accident's can happen. today they did.

Today i slipped up for the first time in a month and two weeks or so.
i know how long i went is pretty amazing and i should be proud but i still feel bad.Plus slip up is in a quite obvious hard to hide place, so feeling self conscious about it. ( already had to deal with several questions about it)

this song that a helpful 'ryl'er (anonomous only because i was in such a state i cant remember their user!)sent me on chat one time is helping:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udMv4fcX2qA"]YouTube - Accidents Can Happen - Sixx AM Lyrics[/ame]
so thanks to whichever one of you wonderful people it was :)

trying to believe the song, 'that i havent thrown everything away' but i guess some support or something would help. Just feels bad, first time i'm close to something i could use i slip especially seeing as the one day i slip up is sh awareness day *shrugs*
sorry my post is a bit confused,
jen




QUACK!


long road is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Hugs Given By :
Old 02-03-2011, 02:57 AM   #2
lonely_hope
I'm not worth the air I breathe
 
lonely_hope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: US
I am currently:

It's great you had gone for over a month! You really should be proud of yourself for that :) And you definitely haven't thrown all your hard work away. You've gotten stronger through this, and it will help you in all your recovery.

I think SI awareness day is a symbol of becoming... well... more aware about self-injury. It probably would have been 'better' to not harm on awareness day because of its symbolism, but I guess harming in general isn't a positive thing to do on any day. I'm trying not to do anything to myself today too, but I don't know how that will work out...

Anyway- I really hope you're finding ways to cope :) You'll get through this! We're always here to support you too. Never hesitate to send a message if you want to talk

*hugs and love*



"God take me, because I hate me" -Underoath
We are male and female. We are artists, athletes, and students. We have depression, PTSD, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, or maybe no diagnosis at all. Some of us were abused, some not. We come from all walks of life and can be any age. We are every race or religion that you can think of. Our common link is this: We are in pain. We self-injure. And we are not freaks.


lonely_hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
lifeasasymptom
inside your restless soul, your heart is dying
 
lifeasasymptom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Melb
I am currently:

the fact that you've recognized the slip, and are fighting against it, is really important. you still want to recover, and that's key to the whole process.

Even though the ride can get a little rough, every time you fight back, the slip ups get further and further apart, and you become happier and happier.

having a slip up on SI awareness day is an annoying twist, and i know this may not sound very helpful, but...any day would have sucked to slip up on. and you went for all those days that weren't focussed on SI awareness where you didn't cut, so... it more than balances out.

congratulations on the length of time you didn't SI for. and i hope you manage to at lease double that this time.
x



you get what everyone else gets. a life time.

lifeasasymptom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:42 PM   #4
long road
Has less of a life than Pi.R^2
 
long road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Ceiling
I am currently:

thanks guys.
I had a really nice evening with myh boyfriend, he's so caring.
so i'm feeling a bit better. he's good at distracting me. :)




QUACK!


long road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:53 AM   #5
KarynEclipsed
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Minneapolis
I am currently:

that might have been me I do remember recommending that song to somebody... it is good for comfort after slipping up.

KarynEclipsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:59 AM   #6
crazykat
Fight for another day
 
crazykat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Australia

First of all try and remember how well you have done for not self-harming harming for over a month. I think an important thing is that you pick yourself up from this and keep trying. Each time you pick yourself up after a slip up it makes you stronger. So don't beat yourself up over it. Take care
Kat xxx



"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."


crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #7
long road
Has less of a life than Pi.R^2
 
long road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Ceiling
I am currently:

*collapses in heap in thread* sorry to bump just not good.
it's been a struggle of a week havent sliped up againproperly, but i did make the original a liuttle worse.
just trying to hold on. crushingly empty kind of day.




QUACK!


long road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:43 PM   #8
lonely_hope
I'm not worth the air I breathe
 
lonely_hope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: US
I am currently:

*hugs* Hang in there... you can make it through this! There will always be another chance to recover. Don't give up on it. You're doing such a great job! Think of everything you've accomplished already :)

*big hugsnuggles*



"God take me, because I hate me" -Underoath
We are male and female. We are artists, athletes, and students. We have depression, PTSD, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, or maybe no diagnosis at all. Some of us were abused, some not. We come from all walks of life and can be any age. We are every race or religion that you can think of. Our common link is this: We are in pain. We self-injure. And we are not freaks.


lonely_hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #9
long road
Has less of a life than Pi.R^2
 
long road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Ceiling
I am currently:

thanks *weak smile*
just seems to be such a struggle at the moment.




QUACK!


long road is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:19 AM.