RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
ProzacSmile
 
ProzacSmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bournemouth
I am currently:
Cry for help

I'm totally bloody determined. I've had enough. I can't take this s**t anymore. I cried for an hour this morning for no real reason. I called my therapist and couldn't get an appointment til wednesday. I called my gp and couldn't get an appointment til monday. I slammed down the phone and slashed my arm. I cried some more.

Then i thought, what the hell am i doing. They're supposed to be helping me. So i called the doctor back and said i want an appointment today i need it desperatly and i don't care what they say. I'm just as important as everyone else.

So they booked me an appointment. Leaving in a minute. Hoping that if i blurt my heart out enough they will help me. I'm so determined to be free. For my son, and my amazing boyfriend, as well as for myself. I'm fed up with having to be on deaths door before anyone will help.

Sorry for the rant, wish me luck!!!!!


Last edited by Amaryllis : 25-02-2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: removed trigger warning.


~If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see.. you can find out first hand what it's like to be me..~

WhichyWay is my baby sister.. I love you baby girl ^_^

ProzacSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #2
release-me
 
release-me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: England
I am currently:

Well done for that amazing assertiveness.
I hope you get the help you deserve



There there baby, it's just text book stuff, it's in the ABC of growing up...

release-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
crazykat
Fight for another day
 
crazykat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Australia

I'm glad that you realized that hurting yourself wasn't the way and sought help. You should be proud of making that step. Good luck for your appointment



"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."


crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #4
88shelz
be positive
 
88shelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
I am currently:

its excellent how you called back and made sure you got help today :) good luck with the appointmnet.





88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
ProzacSmile
 
ProzacSmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bournemouth
I am currently:

Hey everyone, thank you for your lovely responses. I have been prescribed Sertraline, has anyone had that? Will hopefully help, after 10 years of prozac!! Wounds on arm are not infected, doctor seemed okay about them. Looking forward to counselling on Wednesday, i just need to get better now.
Feeling better than I did this morning, having been to the docs, spoken to my mum and taken for son for an outing this afternoon. Also spoke to my boyfriend and he is hopefully coming to see me later, he said he's really proud of me so thats given me a bit of a boost.
Lets just see how long I can go SH free!!!!
xxx



~If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see.. you can find out first hand what it's like to be me..~

WhichyWay is my baby sister.. I love you baby girl ^_^

ProzacSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #6
erin654
Erin Lestrange
 
erin654's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Orem, UT
I am currently:

Well done!

I was on Sertraline(Zoloft) when I was first diagnosed with depression. It helped me for about a year, then it just didnt, ya know?
But everyone has different results with medication so give it a try! I wish you the best of luck on your road to recovery!



No one is useless in this world who lightens the burden of it to anyone else.


erin654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #7
lonely_hope
I'm not worth the air I breathe
 
lonely_hope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: US
I am currently:

That's great! It's so wonderful you were able to stand up for yourself and get help :) *hugs* You're doing an amazing job... that takes a lot of strength and determination. Keep up the awesome work!

*more hugs and love*



"God take me, because I hate me" -Underoath
We are male and female. We are artists, athletes, and students. We have depression, PTSD, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, or maybe no diagnosis at all. Some of us were abused, some not. We come from all walks of life and can be any age. We are every race or religion that you can think of. Our common link is this: We are in pain. We self-injure. And we are not freaks.


lonely_hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #8
crazykat
Fight for another day
 
crazykat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Australia

Glad it went well, I hope the sertraline helps you. Also good luck for your counselling appointment



"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."


crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #9
ProzacSmile
 
ProzacSmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bournemouth
I am currently:

Weaning myself off of prozac atm, which is quite overwhelming and scary. Quite worried about starting this new medication tbh. Just hope it helps. I don't wanna go downhill again.
Thanks for all replies, they've all made me smile x



~If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see.. you can find out first hand what it's like to be me..~

WhichyWay is my baby sister.. I love you baby girl ^_^

ProzacSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:32 PM.