RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
lonely_hope
I'm not worth the air I breathe
 
lonely_hope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: US
I am currently:
never enough

It never seems like my SI is bad enough. I always want to go deeper, and make it scar worse. (Also with some ED issues with not losing enough weight...) I get so upset with myself if it doesn't go as deep or bleed as much as I want it to. If I'm not satisfied, I want to SI more... and it all kind of goes in a cycle. At the moment, I'm very upset that I didn't make a very bad mark. I keep going back and forth between wanting to quit SI and not trying to recover :/

Can anyone else relate or have any words of wisdom?



"God take me, because I hate me" -Underoath
We are male and female. We are artists, athletes, and students. We have depression, PTSD, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, or maybe no diagnosis at all. Some of us were abused, some not. We come from all walks of life and can be any age. We are every race or religion that you can think of. Our common link is this: We are in pain. We self-injure. And we are not freaks.


lonely_hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
Louise
A Ray of Hope
 
Louise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am currently:

What is making you want to more, you say you are going between wanting to stop and keeping going which is stronger?





“Never lose faith in yourself,
and never lose hope;
remember, even when this world throws its worst and then turns its back,
there is still always hope.”


Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 09:53 PM   #3
Crescendo
Ella.
 
Crescendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Birmingham/Wolverhampton

I know how you feel, you always want to go that little bit deeper, and even when you do go deeper it still isn't enough
If you can, try and focus more on recovery and try and push those thoughts of going deeper out of your mind
I haven't really got much advice seeming as I'm in a simular situation, but if you ever need to talk feel free to PM me anytime,
Take care :)x



If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see, you can find out first hand what it's like to be me.

Crescendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 02:34 AM   #4
BGonya1001
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States of America

I'm sorry that you are having such a hard time... If you need to talk please feel free to PM me

BGonya1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 02:48 AM   #5
adygriffith
 
adygriffith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Loughborough
I am currently:

Try not to focus on the depth or severity of the cut, after I've SI I always just clean the cut and then not look at it.

I cut because I can't feel anything else,so I focus on the temporary pain I feel
X

adygriffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 03:56 AM   #6
VampiricShadow
Vampire
 
VampiricShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
I am currently:

I'm like that too... you aren't alone <3

Words of advice? I'd say just breathe and try to stop or text a friend to distract you



Feel free to message me ^_^

<3

Why yes, I am a Vampire XD

God, I want to dream again
Take me where I've never been

(Unbreakable ~ Fireflight)

VampiricShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 08:54 PM   #7
lonely_hope
I'm not worth the air I breathe
 
lonely_hope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: US
I am currently:

Thank you all for your wonderful responses... it really means a lot to me

Louise: I'm having a hard time liking myself... I don't think highly of 'me.' I'd have to say that the feeling of not wanting to recover is stronger a lot of the time (though there are always the times where I'm truly committed to quitting).
Thanks again everyone *hugs*



"God take me, because I hate me" -Underoath
We are male and female. We are artists, athletes, and students. We have depression, PTSD, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, or maybe no diagnosis at all. Some of us were abused, some not. We come from all walks of life and can be any age. We are every race or religion that you can think of. Our common link is this: We are in pain. We self-injure. And we are not freaks.


lonely_hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2011, 03:32 AM   #8
VampiricShadow
Vampire
 
VampiricShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
I am currently:

I hope you're doing better today, dear <3



Feel free to message me ^_^

<3

Why yes, I am a Vampire XD

God, I want to dream again
Take me where I've never been

(Unbreakable ~ Fireflight)

VampiricShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:57 AM.