RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
Loopdigga
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
I am currently:
Can't stop :(

Hi I'm new to the whole forum thing, these past weeks have been real bad for me my 'sh'ing is getting out of control. In a Low place right now and could really do with someone to talk to, none of my friends know I SH and don't think i can tell them because I'm worried about what they'll think of me :(

Loopdigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
georgiamay
A fighter.
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Essex
I am currently:

I know that feeling of being out of control all too well.

The truth is, I've tried to stop many times, and for me it doesn't work. Try and take control of your life again, but honestly, going cold turkey just leads to nasty relapses, I've been there many times. Maybe try and ween it out. I know it sounds weird, but I know people that it's worked for. Let's say you self harm everyday. Maybe give yourself one day a week where you make sure you don't do it. Then when you feel ready, set yourself 2 days a week where you don't sh, then 3 and so on. It might take a while, but I've been cold turkey before, and it just made me worse when I relapsed. I was going deeper, and I was doing more, so I personally don't like the idea of just stopping all together. I don't think it works. Just take it one day at a time, and remember that you're in control, no one else.

And about your friends... I used to think that as well. I went a long time without anyone knowing, but then I started therapy, and I realised that my friends are friends with me for a reason. Your friends wouldn't be friends with you if they didn't care. They do care about you. Maybe talk to the friend that you feel the most comfortable with. You don't have to tell them everything, but tell them that you've been struggling with a few things, and that you really need someone to talk to. If they're any sort of friend they'll listen to you.

You can PM me anytime if you need someone to talk to, I'm always here. :)
xx

georgiamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
Loopdigga
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
I am currently:

Telling a friend about it is something I've been thinking about alot I just can't find the courage to do it, ill convince myself that I'm going to then when it comes to it I just freeze up and bottle it :( I worry alot they won't be the same around me if they know. Did it help you when you told your friends? Did they treat you any different after they knew? Sorry if this is too personal and thanks alot for the advice xx

Loopdigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
VampiricShadow
Vampire
 
VampiricShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
I am currently:

Feel free to message me <3 I'm glad you've decided to come here and look for support, that takes a lot.



Feel free to message me ^_^

<3

Why yes, I am a Vampire XD

God, I want to dream again
Take me where I've never been

(Unbreakable ~ Fireflight)

VampiricShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:47 AM.