RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-02-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
pixiedust_11
 
pixiedust_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
I am currently:
Why are my scars fading so triggering? :(

There's not much to that really, it's just that I've just realised now that looking at my scars fading makes me want to make more. I know that sounds sick and twisted, wondering if anyone else has this? Is there a way to conquer it?



Do not be dismayed by the brokenness of the world. All things can be mended. Not with time, as they say, but with intention. So go. Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally. The broken world awaits in darkness for the light that is you.

pixiedust_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 09-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
Lyddie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010

I don't really know how to get rid of this feeling, but I wanted to let you know that I often feel the same way. I don't think it sounds sick and twisted of you at all.

Could drawing on yourself with red pen or something help a little? So that you have a mark on your skin, but you haven't SIed? Or else, I found that the Butterfly Project helped me a little with these particular urges, because it was something I could concentrate on aside from my scars.

Take care
Lydia xx

Lyddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #3
JaffaCake.
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Manchester, UK.

It's not sick nor twisted. I feel exactly the same. + so when they do fade, even if it's just the tiniest bit, I have / want to make more.

You're not alone in this one.

Take care,
Em x

JaffaCake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
pixiedust_11
 
pixiedust_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
I am currently:

Thank you, I guess I just wanted to be reassured that I'm not alone in thinking that because it makes me feel so bad. The first thing people would assume when they know someone in this situation is that they want to just get better, but it's not as easy or simple as that.

I think the Butterfly project is a good idea, I've tried it a couple of times before, thinking I might try it again now, thanks for reminding me.



Do not be dismayed by the brokenness of the world. All things can be mended. Not with time, as they say, but with intention. So go. Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally. The broken world awaits in darkness for the light that is you.

pixiedust_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:35 PM   #5
DaSom
 
DaSom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
I am currently:

I know others said it, but I'm the same. I don't feel the urge when my sacrs are still new but when they fade or heal I want to make more.

I think it's because I see it's not going to kill me and my body heals so quickly it doesn't make a difference after a few weeks whether I make new cuts or not. I always feel 'I won't cut again' when I have scars to look at...then they heal and I have nothing to feel regretful about and nothing to make me feel like I've let out my feelings enough. It's that too, the visual evidence that I did something to punish myself or release the feeling inside makes me feel good. I hope that doesn't sound cliche and pathetic, many people I talk to say that to me ^^;

DaSom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:08 PM   #6
ProzacSmile
 
ProzacSmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bournemouth
I am currently:

Sorry i don't have many words right now, but i know exactly what you mean xx



~If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see.. you can find out first hand what it's like to be me..~

WhichyWay is my baby sister.. I love you baby girl ^_^

ProzacSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:37 AM   #7
lonely_hope
I'm not worth the air I breathe
 
lonely_hope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: US
I am currently:

That happens to me too :/ It's not very fun... my dad makes me put scar treatment on my marks, but I'm not ready to let them go yet



"God take me, because I hate me" -Underoath
We are male and female. We are artists, athletes, and students. We have depression, PTSD, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, or maybe no diagnosis at all. Some of us were abused, some not. We come from all walks of life and can be any age. We are every race or religion that you can think of. Our common link is this: We are in pain. We self-injure. And we are not freaks.


lonely_hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 06:02 AM   #8
LiRaLim
<waiting-to-sleep>
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I am currently:

I feel the same way, and I'm sure that many others do as well. I think that to us, the scars represent our pain, our struggle. They're a visible flaw, a visible sign of distress. When my scars fade, I feel the urge to make new ones because to me, when they fade, it looks like I'm getting better, but that's not really the truth, is it?

If you need someone to talk to, PM me.
<3Lira. Stay Strong!!!!



If you think the scars on the outside are bad you don't want to see the ones on the inside.

Self-injury is a sign of distress not madness. We should be congratulated on having found a way of surviving. - Cory Anderson

LiRaLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 06:27 AM   #9
fake-promises
 
Join Date: Sep 2009

I am in exactly the same situation as you..
Hopefully things will get better <3 xx



Expecting a bundle of joy

fake-promises is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:05 AM.