RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2011, 06:59 AM   #1
a_soul_that_never_was
 
a_soul_that_never_was's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:
hardest therapy session yet triggering

My appt with my therapist wasnt until mid afternoon yesterday. I've had a really horrible week full of triggers. I haven't done very well at all from not harming. I've pulled all stops out to try to prevent what I don't want to do. Down on hands and knees scrubbing all the floors, laundry, dishes, wiping down counters, getting on the pc to play farmville, and then posting here wasn't enough. With nothing left to keep me busy and to keep the emotional pain and chaos away I let myself down again. Sometimes like today before I have to go to therapy I get so messed up. My thoughts rage my heart beats so fast and it feels like its going to explode. My stomach rebels against me and I can't calm myself down. What do I end up doing before my appt? Exactly what I strive so hard not to do. I took my anxiety med to try to relax me but without much help. I finally get there and I am waiting in the waiting room. I have long hair and I wear make up. My therapist says the make up is my mask and my hair so people wont see me so I wont have too look them in the eye because since a very young age I was trained by my parents look no one in the eye keep your mouth shut and you deserve everything you get. While waiting in the therapist waiting room I had my head down picking at my fingernails. The next thing I know I had drawn a crowd. Everyone was asking me if I was okay. I wasn't crying or anything. I suppose I looked in worse shape than I thought. My past has been haunting me for a few weeks now. Something I thought I had gotten past. My gf's mom abusing me triggered everything all over again. She made me a victim. My gf put me in the position where I felt helpless. The city police, county police, sherrifs office, and victims advocate kept calling and writing letters. I wasn't interested in pressing charges. All I wanted was a order of protection and my gf refused. I needed her testimony as well to get it. I knew if I did it on my own she would kick me out and I have no family or friends. I was left just like when I was little and with my abusive ex husband feeling helpless and no sense of control. Now the result since mid january everything has rushed back in to invade my days and my sleep. Nobody can stop me from harming but me. This I am very aware of. I am not putting myself in danger but I am resorting to it more and more. I don't want this. I am so hurt , angry, upset, and confused I dont know which way is where. I completed my last weeks therapist goal. I start college in less than a week. Today her goal she set for me was to start thinking about myself. Easier said than done when you have a gf who is always saying do this do that. Always cleaning, cooking, taking care of her budget, anything and everything while she sets in her recliner and I cant even get five minutes to myself. It's not right that you can get into places for physical abuse yet to me the much worse mental abuse there is no where to go. I hate being bipolar 1, borderline personality disorder, ptsd, and a harmer. I guess that means I hate me. I've been thru so much my entire life why do those problems always take control away from me? Life is precious so no fear I would never do anything to take that away. After so many years of therapy I know its a long process. It took me almost a decade to become who i always wanted to be. I let myself down and let people who claimed to love me pick me apart until I was a shell again. You want instant help from your therapist yet you know its a long process and your starting from the beginning again. My therapist always inspects me to make sure I'm keeping it safe and stressing first aid. She's the one person who doesnt judge or condemn me for it. In time she truly believes we can beat this again. I really feel bad right now. I'm scared to sleep because all my life I was awakened to horrible things. When I do sleep the nightmares rush in. Im living on a couple of hours of sleep a night. I am unsafe. When diagnosed i bought every book I could and searched the entire internet. I wanted to educate myself. The harm books are great about the why but don't give the answer as to how to stop. I'm going to be struggling but for all of you out there please stay safe. I am a better listener than i am at helping myself. Feel free to im me anytime.

a_soul_that_never_was is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 01-02-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it
 
PassedExpectations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Upstate New York
I am currently:

hating your disorders is very different from hating yourself. you are not the disorders.... they are something that you have to deal with, not things that define who you are.




this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.



PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie


PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:33 PM   #3
a_soul_that_never_was
 
a_soul_that_never_was's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:
I think I qualify for both

If you would have asked me a year ago I would have been the first one to tell you how things had finally come together in my life. How happy I was. All shame, guilt, unworthy, and deserving of bad things was no longer a issue. I allowed people to pick me apart. Everything I worked so hard for all gone. This last year has been really hard but this last month did me in. My therapist did tell me yesterday I had some self esteem issues going on. She doesn't have a clue. Because of some events I do hate myself. A mirror is my worst enemy. I am my own worst enemy. I hate myself for allowing the people who claim to love me take so much from me that all the hard work has now reduced me to a body with nothing in it. My therapist goal for me till our next visit is one simple thing. Stop doing everything for everybody else and focus only on me. What do I do? Right after therapy my gf and I get home and even after we crawled in bed she was still saying do this do that. Every single time I tried spending time doing what I wanted she was there and if I said hold on she thru a fit so I just went ahead and did it. No my illnesses I use to say didn't define me but when they are flared they due. It is a war me against them. I win in the end but while the war is going on I hate the fact that I have them. The thing is one I dont want pity from anybody and I surely don't pity myself. Sometimes I think if only they could walk a second in my shoes than right away I take it back because i wouldn't wish any of this on anyone. My therapist says I can't use college as a way to run from my problems. I guess in a way I really want to. I need the challenge. I need some time off from all the chaos that is going on around me. Take care and stay safe. Thank you for your words of wisdom. You always help when you reply to one of my post

a_soul_that_never_was is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
Aimless
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I am currently:

I've read your recent posts, and I must say you sound like a very strong person. I'm sorry you're hurting so much right now.

I get that when mental problems flare up, it causes so much.. I don't know. For me, it's frustration over being so helpless to just push them aside. When you know things could be different but the "issues" just feel so strong. But it's important and wonderful that you're fighting them, and that you're working on getting yourself back together. There is a lot of courage in endurance.

And I think... from your recent posts it sounds like things might be better once you remove yourself from the situation - as in, get away from the situation with your girlfriend and her family. Are you going to, or do you wish to stay with her? You've put so much effort into getting better.

I know it's hellishly difficult to get away from abusive situations, be it mental or physical abuse. But you made it - more than once, from the sound of it. You can be strong again, you just have to gentle with yourself and give yourself time to feel, and to heal.

(As a side note - I realise sometimes it's easier to just write on without thinking of the effect, but your posts might be easier to understand if you spaced them out a bit - more paragraphs instead of one block of text, I mean. We do want to understand what you're saying, and that way it would be quicker at least for my short attention span. :) )

Aimless is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:19 PM.