RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25-01-2011, 06:56 AM   #1
hermit
 
hermit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:
Triggers...

I don't understand why I have been so triggered recently. Little things push me into uncontrolled anxiety... and I want nothing more than to bruise myself, to cut myself, to feel the pain that will give me control for a little longer.

hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 02:35 AM   #2
hermit
 
hermit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:

Even here I feel as if I am alone, cast adrift in a sea of nothingness... as if I don't belong. I want to understand. I want to feel. I want to be normal - is that asking for too damned much?

hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 02:43 AM   #3
Horizon
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
I am currently:

Harming yourself is not giving you control because it's not doing anything to solve the actual underlying problems. Having said that, I know it's not easy.
As for feeling alone on this website, why do you feel that way?

Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #4
pea soup
 
pea soup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: at the end of the rainbow
I am currently:

im really sorry that youre feeling lonely here.

Vets can be really slow at times with people working and tending to children, etc.

but it doesnt mean that we dont care.

and,. no what youre asking for is not too much. but sometimes it takes a long time to get to the "ok" part.

i find that when im stressed about anything really that little things can trigger me. financial matters, relationships, schooling, children, etc.
hormones can also play a part of the little things triggering you.

im sorry that youre having such a rough time.
please update when you feel able.
much love.
xxxxxxxxxx





pea soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 02:59 AM   #5
hermit
 
hermit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:

I should have a lot in common with people on here... and I do. But always feel on the outside looking in. Most of the forum is too young - I can't relate. I've visited chat - again, very young and even serious was seriously off topic. Here, I think there is a better fit... but I still feel very much alone. The outsider. Peering in the windows from a blustery winter day, watching and never being a part. I know i shouldn't feel that way, but i do. I don't even know what I need.

hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #6
Merc
 
Join Date: May 2004

I'm sorry you feel alone here, but I can understand it.
Vet's, as Rach said, is very slow.
But we do care and want to know how you are.
Do you have professional help of any sort? If so, it is helping? Are you able to say what you did here?
If not, would you consider seeing your GP for a referral?
Facet is right in saying that harm doesn't really give you any control, tho it may feel it right now.
There are much better ways to ease these feelings.
Do you know why certain things are making you anxious?
There are good ppl out there who can help you make sense of all this crap, help you feel not so alone, as well as help you find the reasons behind your urge to harm, which is crucial.
Thinking of you
xxx

Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 06:18 AM   #7
hermit
 
hermit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:

I am seeing a counsellor... first time in my life. It scares the **** out of me. She knows about the SH, not the extent of it... I don't know if it is going to help or not. Some days I don't know how I can go on like this. Really having a rough time lately. Something has to change. Something has to give.

hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 05:49 AM   #8
hermit
 
hermit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:

I've been trying to read some of the other posts on the forum, perhaps see if I can offer some help or support... but right now they are too triggering, or i can't relate... or both. Just not healthy for me right now.

hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:44 AM   #9
hermit
 
hermit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:

Still muddling along. Still feeling incredibly triggered. This is a horrid place to be.

hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #10
Sketchy
 
Sketchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Scotland
I am currently:

How are you feeling now? Can you identify what it is that is triggering you and try distract yourself? I know that can be extremely difficult. It's good you are seeking help and I know it is terrifying. I have been refered to speak to someone and I am also terrified, but I guess it's a step in fighting this.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:55 AM   #11
hermit
 
hermit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:

Not in a good place. Can't sleep. Can't concentrate on anything. Really restless and my thoughts are in dark places. I really hate the hell that is my life. :(

hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #12
~Grace~
 
Join Date: Jun 2007

do you se a doctor, maybe meds woulod help xx

~Grace~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:10 PM.