RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
l.e.g.o
Lego Enthusiast
 
l.e.g.o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am currently:
losing my nerve

this is gonna sound weird
and i dont know what to say
but well ive kind anot been harming as i seem to of lost my nerve
and im struggling with this fact
i know its really a good thing but to me its making me feel so weak and pathetic that im not
i feel like im not a proper self harmer or something and im desperate to start again but cant seem to
i know noone can advise me how to start again but can someone help me deal with feeling this maybe?
sorry to ask and be a pain



Emily-29.04.05

http://battlinglife.wordpress.com/

"A penny for my thoughts, oh no, I'll sell 'em for a dollar
They're worth so much more after I'm a goner
And maybe then you'll hear the words I been singin'
Funny when you're dead how people start listenin'"


l.e.g.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #2
Hobbes
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
I am currently:

hey
i think i can relate to this, i sometimes feel this way too. I used to SH a lot more often than i am at the moment and even thhough i still want to sometimes i cant do it. I feel like im not good enough at it, like i should be able to do it whenever i want. In a way i sorta want to go back to how i used to be even though i was in a really bad place then, at least i felt good at it. I dont have a lot of advice since i havent managed to overcome it but i know how you feel :)

Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2011, 11:15 PM   #3
l.e.g.o
Lego Enthusiast
 
l.e.g.o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am currently:

thanks
i feel desperate to as i dont have any other methods of coping and feel so alone
im sorry
im useless



Emily-29.04.05

http://battlinglife.wordpress.com/

"A penny for my thoughts, oh no, I'll sell 'em for a dollar
They're worth so much more after I'm a goner
And maybe then you'll hear the words I been singin'
Funny when you're dead how people start listenin'"


l.e.g.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2011, 12:22 AM   #4
Hobbes
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
I am currently:

thats ok, you're not useless, its really hard to overcome
PM me if you wanna talk :)

Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2011, 02:13 AM   #5
Aimless
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I am currently:

This doesn't make you useless, or weak, though I can understand why you feel that way.

Try and see it from this perspective: To most people, the thought of harming themselves is alien, and faced with the act, I doubt most people could. Self harm is not normal, it is against our basic instincts. The fact that you can't do it right now is more of an indication that something is working right than a sign that something's wrong, if that makes sense.

Have you tried finding an alternative to self harm? I know it must be really scary to lose this, but it might become easier once you have other ways to cope with your feelings. What do you do now when you feel like hurting yourself but can't/don't go through with it?

It's a big change, but it could also be a good one. You're a lot more than "just" a self harmer, and lots of things you can be proud of, I'm sure. Hurting yourself is not a good reason for that.

Take care of yourself, and keep talking if it helps x

Aimless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #6
l.e.g.o
Lego Enthusiast
 
l.e.g.o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am currently:

thank you
i dont know how to get better coping mechanisms and its so so so so so scary
curls up



Emily-29.04.05

http://battlinglife.wordpress.com/

"A penny for my thoughts, oh no, I'll sell 'em for a dollar
They're worth so much more after I'm a goner
And maybe then you'll hear the words I been singin'
Funny when you're dead how people start listenin'"


l.e.g.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 12:45 AM   #7
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it
 
PassedExpectations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Upstate New York
I am currently:

you have to try different ones, positive ones, and then keep trying the ones that work a bit. until you've gotten good at relying on them and you don't feel the need to self harm. learning new coping mechanisms is a process, it takes practice. at first it feels really awkward and unwieldy, but after a bit you feel more and more comfortable with it.




this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.



PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie


PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 02:23 AM   #8
ˈsäləˌterē
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I am currently:

In this same forum, there is a thread about things to do instead of hurting yourself. It has a wide variety of ideas. Hope it helps!

ˈsäləˌterē is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:46 PM.