RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
finding.my.wings
 
finding.my.wings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Zealand
Grrr Itchiness *possibly graphic*

I know this was my own fault and i accept that.
Two days ago i cut and had to go to a and e and get butterfly stitches. The nurse also put this super sticky (hypafix) dressing over all the cuts and the butterfly stitches so they dont come off and i dont pull them off. Thing is my arm is super itchy and its driving me nuts. i cant itch it cos of the bandage but its just driving me insane.



The BRAVEST thing
I ever did was
CONTINUING MY LIFE
when I wanted to die.


finding.my.wings is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 21-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #2
finding.my.wings
 
finding.my.wings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Zealand

argh, the bandage is part coming off and its still so itchy. i just wanna pull the bandage off but i know that it will just be bad scars then.



The BRAVEST thing
I ever did was
CONTINUING MY LIFE
when I wanted to die.


finding.my.wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
Amaranth
Leah
 
Amaranth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Surrey
I am currently:

Can't really offer any useful advice, just wanted to sympathise, the constant itching can be terrible.
Could you try putting something cold over the area like a bag of frozen peas? You'd probably need to put it in a carrier bag or something first to keep the dressing dry - might not be practical, or even work but you never know!

Amaranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:21 AM.