RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18-01-2011, 06:15 AM   #1
still hurting
 
still hurting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
6 year anniversary

exactly 6 years ago i cut myself for the first time, since then its been 5 years of fighting now i've finally made 1 year free. i started after being stuck in my house alone with my parents in a blizzard for days, i was going crazy and things were so bad i just needed to do something. every year at this time i think about how long it's been and how i'm still screwing up my life, this year i finally feel free. over the years my cutting changed, i used different tools, i made different rules, even the needs and emotions behind it changed. last week i was stuck at home in the same house with my parents during a blizzard and i didn't cut myself. i hate that i did this for so long and that it's still so much a part of me, but i am a stronger person now than i ever could have been before, i am proud of who i am and of the choices i make.



"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles" ~Charlie Chaplin

still hurting is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 18-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #2
Magenta_Massacre_
Keep on walking, no matter how rocky the road.
 
Magenta_Massacre_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NoVA, USA
I am currently:

I am really happy to hear of your achievement! Congratulations! That's a great accomplishment. :]

I'm also very glad that you're proud of yourself and the choices you make. It's an amazing thing to be able to get from feeling extremely low and hurting yourself to being proud of yourself.

Congrats again!
*gives you a hug and piece of cake*

xx



Sometimes the best way to hold onto something is to let it go. - Anon

PM Me. I am just a click away for you.♥

"Do you feel cold and lost in desperation/You build up hope but failure's all you've known/
Remember all the sadness and frustration/And let it go/Let it go"
-Linkin Park, Iridescent


Magenta_Massacre_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #3
The War With My Mind
 
The War With My Mind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Prestick

That's ace! It sounds like your recovery has really come from the heart, so long may it continue.

Raises glass in a toast to your achievement :)



These scars are mine!!!!!!!!!

The War With My Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 10:48 PM   #4
lonely_hope
I'm not worth the air I breathe
 
lonely_hope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: US
I am currently:

Wow! That's AMAZING! I'm so glad you were able to get through that :) Keep up the great work!

*hugs*



"God take me, because I hate me" -Underoath
We are male and female. We are artists, athletes, and students. We have depression, PTSD, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, or maybe no diagnosis at all. Some of us were abused, some not. We come from all walks of life and can be any age. We are every race or religion that you can think of. Our common link is this: We are in pain. We self-injure. And we are not freaks.


lonely_hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2011, 01:10 AM   #5
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it
 
PassedExpectations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Upstate New York
I am currently:

thanks for sharing that :)




this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.



PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie


PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:36 PM.