RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18-01-2011, 12:11 AM   #1
Sketchy
 
Sketchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Scotland
I am currently:
overwhelmed, no reason

I just wish I could be like other people who get on with things without getting in a panic, feeling low and getting stressed. I feel like everything is harder, overwhelming, but it's not. I feel low. I don't want to feel like this and I badly want to cut, which in the end doesn't solve anything, but still. I feel like I want to cry but I can't.

I have have been on ADs but stopped without advise last year.(yip, stupid, but I told myself I'm fine, just being melodramatic). I felt a bit better. Now I just feel awful. A fake. I can appear very happy and act the clown, but then I get to my flat and it's back to the my low self destructive self. I can't even talk about it with anyone. I have lots to do but I just want to hide away. Again, won't solve anything. I hate myself, I hate that I can't stop this.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 18-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
Horizon
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
I am currently:

I understand wanting to be like other people who seem to be able to do things without as much of a struggle, but the fact is that your mind works differently, so the trick is learning to work with it in order to achieve what you want. If it means you have to do things a little differently, that's okay, you know?
You're right that cutting and isolating won't solve anything, though it is very tempting at times.
Maybe it would be worth getting back on meds. Why did you stop taking them last year?

Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2011, 11:59 AM   #3
Sketchy
 
Sketchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Scotland
I am currently:

Thank you Facet. I think you told me what deep done I know, but needed to be told by someone else.

I think you are right, I should accept my mind works differently and I need to learn to work with it. That was a good way of looking at it and really helpful.

I stopped taking ads because I felt like I was getting better and because I can have a laugh sometimes. Didn't feel like I should waste peoples time, I should be okay, there is no reason for this, urgh, I hate this phrase, but as though I should "pull myself together". Now I feel low again, were sometimes I feel so horribly down and self destructive. But then I do get some moments where I am smiley and laughing(mainly at work because I worked hard for it, don't want to mess it up and it can make me happy and it's also a big distraction). I think the evenings and mornings are when I'm low more and stressed.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2011, 11:20 PM   #4
Horizon
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
I am currently:

Sometimes people on meds stop taking them because they feel better, but you probably felt a little better because of the meds. So it's probably a good idea to try to go back on meds with a different mindset about it. You're not wasting time, you have an illness, an illness which requires medication.
Just because sometimes you can smile and laugh doesn't mean there isn't a problem.

Hope this helped some.

Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
Sketchy
 
Sketchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Scotland
I am currently:

Thank you so much, your reply was really helpfull.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #6
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

I understand too.
Can't articulate things that clearly right now, but I'm right *there* with my whole response to the work situation.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
Sketchy
 
Sketchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Scotland
I am currently:

Thank you Katie.

Today I was off work, I was going to make a doctors appointment because I know I can't go on like this. I didn't. I stayed in bed and I'm ashamed to say when I managed to drag myself out of it (not that long ago). I hate feeling this low. I feel like such a waste of space.
I can't go on like this forever. I know I need it to stop. This is truly awful to say but there is a part of me that doesn't want to stop the sh, maybe this is stopping me asking for help again. I'm so ashamed. Later this week I hope I can find the courage to ask for help.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #8
Merc
 
Join Date: May 2004

Have you managed to ask for some help/get an appointment?
You really are not wasting anyone's time.
Pls try to get some help and reconsider the meds.
I know it is so hard, to feel so different, like there is no good reason for how you feel and struggle.
As Facet said, it is the nature of the illness. Things will seem more difficult for you; it is a matter of learning a way around the issue(s), a 'detour' of sorts.
Pls update when you can.
Thinking of you.

Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #9
Sketchy
 
Sketchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Scotland
I am currently:

Thanks Romp, yeh I've been thinking about it a lot. Next week I'm going to make an appointment. Last night I was thinking that I don't want to be like this and can't go on like this. I feel like I'm sliding downwards and it has to stop.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #10
dollpart
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: London
I am currently:

*hugs*.

someone gave me the following advice once. i didn't take it but it is good advice so i'm passing it on:

if you have depression (or similar), you are not like everybody else. sometimes you're going to feel rubbish, and the trick is to learn not to beat yourself up about it.

***

it is simplistic but it's hard, too. to learn to realise that sometimes you won't do the things you feel you should be able, and you will let yourself down. but there isn't blame in that. obviously a symptom of depression is blaming yourself for that, and therein lies the catch.

but try repeating it to yourself.

"i feel horrible. i wish i didn't. i'm not like everyone else and i wish i was. there are things i can do to make this easier on myself but for the time being i should just be proud of what i have managed so far".

dollpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #11
Sketchy
 
Sketchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Scotland
I am currently:

Thank you Dollpart, that was good advice.

Sorry I am being rubbish replying and updating, have not been able to find the words.

Well, I did it. I asked for help. I know I can't keep this up. I'm back on ads and have been refered to speak to someone, which has me very much terrified, although my head was mushy so it is all very much of a blur. Don't know what to think now.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:47 AM   #12
hermit
 
hermit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
I just wish I could be like other people who get on with things without getting in a panic, feeling low and getting stressed. I feel like everything is harder, overwhelming, but it's not. I feel low. I don't want to feel like this and I badly want to cut, which in the end doesn't solve anything, but still. I feel like I want to cry but I can't.

.....I can't even talk about it with anyone. I have lots to do but I just want to hide away. Again, won't solve anything. I hate myself, I hate that I can't stop this.
This could have been me writing, the words are a reflection of how I feel, how I have always felt... who I am. I so much feel that I am a square peg in a world of round holes, that nothing I do is ever right, and that life is harder than it really needs to be.

I can't say anything to help, but I can identify.

hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #13
Sketchy
 
Sketchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Scotland
I am currently:

Thanks Hermit.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #14
dollpart
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: London
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
Well, I did it. I asked for help. I know I can't keep this up. I'm back on ads and have been refered to speak to someone, which has me very much terrified, although my head was mushy so it is all very much of a blur. Don't know what to think now.
Well done- that's a big step and I hope things start to get better for you.

dollpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #15
~Grace~
 
Join Date: Jun 2007

I really hope this works out for you and helps xx

~Grace~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #16
Sketchy
 
Sketchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Scotland
I am currently:

Thank you Dollpart and Rowie. Still waiting to hear and very scared. Time to do something about this, I can't live like this forever.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 01:04 AM   #17
hermit
 
hermit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:

Let us know how everything goes. It's a scary place... for all of us.

hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:25 AM.