RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2011, 04:55 AM   #1
Unknown2011
"You can't tame the outdoors...."
 
Unknown2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Earth
I am currently:
Hubby knows I SI BUT....

Hubby knows I SI, and I have a very hard time becuase he knows... becuase it is like he is checking me ever time for the signs I did something.... and I hate it! I want to SI, but becuase he knows I tend to hold it in to much!!!
What can I DO!



UNKNOWN2011

"You can't tame the outdoors. The outdoors tames you."
-Christian Hollingsworth

Unknown2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 09-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
dollpart
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: London
I am currently:
sorry- i inexplicably can't get this out of itallics.

I know this sounds a lot easier than it is going to be in real life, but have you tried just being really straight with him? My girlfriend knew I had problems with SI in the past and when I started again, I know she felt let down and sometimes angry, worried, etc. But after looking at some different sources online she got a better understanding of how SI works as a coping strategy, etc, and how to deal with it... it is hard for the other person to watch you doing something that seems so clearly counterintuitive. But if you let him understand a bit more how it is for you, and explain how being checked over makes you feel, that might help in the long run.It's not an overnight solution but he can try. Explain that him checking for marks makes you "hold it in" and then point him towards different sites, etc, that explain how trying to hold in or reject a coping strategy is actually more damaging than the self-harm in itself. It sounds like he has good intentions but he needs to know when they are producing the opposite effect. Also, try honesty- if you agree to try other things before self-harm, and if you agree to tell him, honestly, when you have hurt yourself (this can be hard and takes a lot of time to get right) then the trust issue might resolve itself as he will know that you're not "locking him out" of something which is obviously important to you. Really hope this helps.


Last edited by Shambles : 11-01-2011 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Removed external like, please do not share links to other self harm sites without moderator permission.
dollpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
Unknown2011
"You can't tame the outdoors...."
 
Unknown2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Earth
I am currently:

Thank You, I will look deeper into what you have posted, after the Hubby leaves for work Tomorrow night. I just jumped on here while he is away...He flip and totaled his car last night... He had to go and clean it up so the Insurance can come and have a look at it.
Thank You
and I'll be as soon as possible.



UNKNOWN2011

"You can't tame the outdoors. The outdoors tames you."
-Christian Hollingsworth

Unknown2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:20 AM.