RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-08-2007, 11:24 PM   #1
Warrior_x
♥Alecia&&Demi♥

I am currently:
Triggering (ED) - Help

Im not sure what to make of this and not sure if I should go see a doctor or not.

Im having really bad urges to starve myself for a few days. I really need to lose weight anyway so what does a few days of not eating matter? I keep getting urges to purge as well. I havnt seen a doctor about this and havnt been diagnosed with an ED but Im really scared I might end up with one if I don't get this sorted. Ive seen friends go through an ED and Ive seen what it can do to people.

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or words of support or anything to help me feel a little better?

Gemma
xxx <3

Warrior_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 11:52 PM   #2
behindblueyes
Will gladly climb your walls if u meet me halfway

I am currently:

It is good that you are catching this when it is still early. You are right, you are showing symptoms of a possible eating disorder. Starving yourself is not the answer. If you want to lose the weight, could you possibly try a diet? I am afraid that if you were going to try starving yourself (even for a few days) or purging... you will want to try it again. These things can be extremely addictive, even from the first time that you do it. You definitely dont want to have and eating disorder, and we dont want to see you struggle with one.

Try to just eat more healthy the next few days. If you are having urges, try to distract yourself away from them. Find something that passes time and even makes you feel better. Is there anyone that you can talk to about this so you can go to them when you are struggling? Sometimes a loving shoulder to lean on is just the right medicine.

I wish you all the luck. I am praying that you do not develope an ED. My pm box is open if you need it =)

Take care of yourself
x Kate

behindblueyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 12:27 AM   #3
Warrior_x
♥Alecia&amp;&amp;Demi♥

I am currently:

Ive starved myself before until one of my friends found out and used to make sure I had eaten. But Im no longer in contact with her as I got a new phone and lost her number. Ive also purged a couple of times. I really don't want an ED.. a few of my friends have EDs and watching them struggle with food daily is hard and I don't want to do that. I don't want my girlfriend to have to watch me do that to myself. Ive tried diets before but it never works. I just give up cos Im never losing weight. My mum says Ive lost weight.. which Im taking means Im allowed to lose more. I know if lose weight and get to my goal weight Ill still want to lose more. Im not even skinny. Im fat so can I really develop a ED?

Old 30-08-2007, 11:12 AM   #4
.ghost.

I am currently:

I'm sure you're not fat, your perception of yourself is a lot different to everyone else's perception of you.
You can develop EDs at any weight, and EDs are more about how you see yourself and food rather than what your weight is. You don't have to be underweight to have an ED.

It's much better to go to your doctor about this now before you get into a purging or starving cycle that you can't get out of. EDs do so much damamge to your body, it's just not worth it.

Your mum saying you've lost weight doens't mean she wants you to lose more, and I'm sure if she knew you'd lost weight by starving and purging she wouldn't want you to carry on doing it.

If diets alone don't work for you, you may want to try a combination of healthy eating and exercise as this is the most effective way to lose weight healthily. Even simple exercise like walking to places is good for you and tones your legs up more.
If your diets were too restrictive before you could have slowed down your metabolism so weren't losing weight because of that, or maybe you didn't give yourself long enough before weighing yourself. You should only weigh yourself once a week or less, you won't see weight loss within the first few days of a diet and if you don't lose any in a week or two, just try and exercise a little more and see if that makes a difference.

Like you said, one you reach your goal weight you'll only want to lose more and you'll probably never appriciate losing weight and always be wanting to lose more, which can leave you feeling depressed.

Take care of yourself and please sort this out sooner rather than later.
xx

Help, I'm alive
My heart keeps beating
Like a hammer

.ghost. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 02:05 PM   #5
Warrior_x
♥Alecia&amp;&amp;Demi♥

I am currently:

Thanks. Ive spoke to my girlfriend abotu it and she said shes going to be there to help me through this. I ate today but only cos she wanted me to and it wasnt a lot at that.

Im going to try and change my doctors over although Im not sure how to do it without my mum finding out..... my old doctor doesnt really help with this sort of thing... she just says Im fine and thats it. So maybe a change of doctor would be better.

Thank you both for helping. It is much appreciated

Love and Fluffy Stuff

Gemma
xxxx

Old 30-08-2007, 09:32 PM   #6
Sorrowfree
Thanks, ants. Thants.

I am currently:

You can develop an ED at any weight. Please take care.

Sleep that knits up the ravell'd sleeve of care,
The death of each day's life, sore labour's bath,
Balm of hurt minds...

-Macbeth, William Shakespeare

Sorrowfree is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)