RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-11-2010, 11:40 PM   #1
i'm trying my best
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
I am currently:
How do I get through the weekend

I've got a tough weekend ahead, I'm involved in a dancing event just helping out and stuff, but I haven't really been involved in any of it for such a long time, I had a bad injury and then just didn't have the confidence to start back. I thought I would be ok for the weekend, just helping out, but now it feels like I'm not going to be able to cope with it, all it's going to be is a big fat reminder of what I'm missing. I feel so torn, between missing it so much and by knowing that I'm not good enough to start back.

I just can't eat at the moment, the more I eat the more I want to hurt myself, I can rarely stand up without feeling dizzy.

My head's such a mess I don't know what to do there's only one thing that's going to make me feel better...

i'm trying my best is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 13-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #2
Laura2.0
 
Laura2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Germany

Do you think you would feel better if you started again, but only for the purpose of having fun? Not to work on something big.
How to get through the weekend? Remember that they need you to help them. I performance/event wont work without the right people backstage. Try to give your best and make it a great experience for yourself and others.



You survived the abuse.
You're gonna survive the recovery.

- Olivia Benson

Laura, Ginger, Cassi, Luna, Joni, Lena


Laura2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

I know exactly how you feel. Ive passed up so many things because i found them too painful because they reminded me of what im missing too, or how ive failed or <insert any negativity here>........

The weekend is over now and i hope that you made it to your event. I hope you did because i hope you wont be like me.

I denied myself so much over the years for the same reasons and now i regret it so much. the only person that thinks i was a failure was me, and my only fail was not to try for fear of what id lost. Little did i realise that i could have actually gained by trying.

Dont become a stupid old penguin!



~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P



Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
i'm trying my best
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
I am currently:

Thanks for your replies! I somehow managed to get through it, had a few wobbly moments and at one stage had to just get out for 5 minutes, but I got myself together and managed to carry on which I was really pleased about.

I'm still so torn about where to go from here, I've tried to get back into it slowly but it hasn't seemed to be working. I don't know if I'm just expecting too much, I probably am I'm not patient at the best of times. I've had 8 weeks back now but I don't feel any closer to being able to teach again. I don't know what to do I really really miss it but I know I'm just not good enough to do it. I don't think I can live without it, I know I can't live like this and I don't know what else there is to do. I'm too frightened to just throw myself into it, I know that's not realistic because if I'm having a really bad day there is no way I'll be able to do it. I kno what you mean ninjapenguin, I'm just so frightened of how wrong it could all go.

i'm trying my best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 01:23 AM   #5
i'm trying my best
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
I am currently:

This is so crap, I'm exhausted but fmy head won't let me sleep, just keep thinking about everything over and over, I really want to cut but I don't want to screw up again. Trouble is I don't know how not to, I just need to cut, I know if I do I'll be able to get some sleep.

i'm trying my best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #6
i'm trying my best
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
I am currently:

I made it through last night without cutting, but now I really have a strong urge, I keep thinking about it. If I do i'll be a failure and if I don't i'll still be a failure for thinking it, what's the point. I don't know what the point of this is anymore...

i'm trying my best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 10:28 PM   #7
Laura2.0
 
Laura2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Germany

can you distract yourself?
write down whats going on, watching TV, reading a good book etc.

Thinking the thoughts doesn't make you a failure. I think about it a lot, does that make me a failure?



You survived the abuse.
You're gonna survive the recovery.

- Olivia Benson

Laura, Ginger, Cassi, Luna, Joni, Lena


Laura2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #8
i'm trying my best
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
I am currently:

I've been trying, nothing seems to be working...

Of course you're not a failure, not at all. I am, I don't feel worthy of life at the moment, I feel very selfish and even more selfish for wanting to cut so badly

i'm trying my best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 11:14 PM   #9
Laura2.0
 
Laura2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Germany

it is not selfish to cut. at least not more selfish than taking a shower or going for a walk.

I could tell you about my very boring day to distract you. Or bake a cake for you and send it to you (only if you are living in germany, cause I dont think I can send a cake international :( )



You survived the abuse.
You're gonna survive the recovery.

- Olivia Benson

Laura, Ginger, Cassi, Luna, Joni, Lena


Laura2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 11:27 PM   #10
i'm trying my best
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
I am currently:

It would upset everyone who is supporting me, it feels like i'm all doing is disappointing people at the moment. I'm starting to seriously think again that it would just be better if I wasn't here, it would end all of this.

I'm in the UK

i'm trying my best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 11:41 PM   #11
Laura2.0
 
Laura2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Germany

I am sure that you are not disappointing people all the time. I am thinking the same every day.
When everybody is telling me what I am doing wrong and how I could do things better.
I had a talk and it turned out that they were just trying to help me and give me tips. They were not disappointed, I just thought they were.
I think it's all about perception.
Try to look more at the positive things than the negative things.
It's hard to do that sometimes.
You could start a positive diary/list. Write down positive things (even the very small ones that seem unimportant) and read it when you are feeling bad about yourself.



You survived the abuse.
You're gonna survive the recovery.

- Olivia Benson

Laura, Ginger, Cassi, Luna, Joni, Lena


Laura2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2010, 10:38 PM   #12
i'm trying my best
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
I am currently:

I can't think of anything positive about myself, nothing at all, there just isn't anything. I hate myself and the person I am, I don't deserve to be living, I don't want to live I want all of this gone I don't want to struggle through it anymore I wan't to get away from myself. The thought of having to go through another day is so exhausting and I don't want to do it.

i'm trying my best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2010, 11:26 PM   #13
Merc
 
Join Date: May 2004

I can hear how very desperate you are feeling.
Do you have anyone to talk to about this? As in, anyone professional Doc/CPN/psych?? If so, now is certainly the time to reach out to them. If not, would you consider going to your GP, asking for some referrals for someone to talk to?

I know that seems huge (and pointless), when you are feeling so wretched, but I truly think it would help you to have someone to talk to. If you are feeling very unsafe, could you call someone? Even the samaritans, other helpline? Or go to hospital?

As Matt said, pls try not to let all the negativity win and keep you from trying. I know it is scary, but you will regret it later...I certainly do.

I agree it is all about perception...and this damned illness will do its best to keep you down, to feed any negative part of you. It is so much easier to simply listen to it, to agree...I know.

Is there any possibility of you ever being able to teach again? It will likely be frustrating, having to start small when you expect so much bigger/better...but give yourself some slack! You have suffered a bad injury, it will take time. Regardless of any MI issues, it would take anyone time to slowly rebuild.

Sounds like even tho it was tough, you got thru it. Realizing you needed a bit of time alone is a big (positive) step.

Is there someone you can be with, to talk to, to try to distract you when you are feeling so badly? Would just letting it all go (for now) and watching a fav movie help?

Pls do think about getting/talking to someone.

thinking of you
xx

Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2010, 11:43 PM   #14
i'm trying my best
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
I am currently:

Thank you for your kind words.
My GP hasn't been that helpful really (doesn't seem to have a clue about anything, when a friend was with me once being my voice and explaining everything that had happened he said he didn't want to 'overreact'), I know I could change GP but he's not the only one I've seen and to be honest I can't face going over everything again with someone else. I did get referred to an intervention team, and after an assessment they recommended a place to go and get counselling, it took me a while to get there, I went 3 weeks ago and am still waiting for my first session. It's like none of them seem to get how desperate I can feel sometimes. A few close friends know but I hate to keep bothering them with all of my stupid crap, and the one who I feel the most comfortable talking to has a lot going on with her nan being really ill. My boyfriend knows and is great, but I just can't talk to him about it, i've never been a big talker (goes some way to explain why i'm in this state). I finally told my parents not long ago as well, but after lying to my mum only today that i'm 'fine' I can't just get into a big discussion about it.
Work do know, but I like to just keep going, I never admit when I need help, would rather just struggle through and feel like crap but not have to bother anyone.
It's like I don't even know who I am, I don't like who I am but I don't know how to change, and I don't know if there's anything in me that's worth saving. Sorry for waffliing on for so long...

i'm trying my best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2010, 12:01 AM   #15
Merc
 
Join Date: May 2004

Can relate well to the not talking...I'm ok here, but to *really* say it all? No thanks, lol.
Does your GP know exactly how badly you are feeling? As in, not just "I'm feeling depressed" but the " I hate myself, I see no point, I want to give up"?
He *should* have realized how you are truly struggling, but perhaps he doesnt know the full scope of it? Would printing off post #12 (I think it is??) and giving it to him be an option? You certainly do express it all very clearly, just how desperate you are feeling.

That was an odd comment, about not 'overreacting'...not sure what to think of that one. Except, perhaps he was considering your feelings to be solely related to what your friend told him, that is was isolated to a certain event only? Not on on-going thing?

I know having to see someone new and start all over is a hassle and can be intimidating, but it could also be the way forward. The first steps to getting out of this awful dark place.

I hope you hear soon from the couns. place...they do tend to drag their feet a bit. That is great that you did go. Is it possible to call them, to ask when you might an appointment? If you could let them know how terrible things are, hopefully they could get you in quicker. If you don't feel able to make the call, could you bf or a friend do it for you?

It's great your bf is supportive, as well as your friends. But I do understand that this isn't something you want to keep on discussing with them. Or your parents, but good you were able to talk to them. The more ppl you have for support, the better.

Really hope you hear soon.
Good luck
xx

Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2010, 06:20 PM   #16
i'm trying my best
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
I am currently:

I feel like I'm drowning, I can't breathe, I struggle and struggle but don't get anywhere. So much easier to give in.

i'm trying my best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 11:33 PM   #17
i'm trying my best
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
I am currently:

I'm in such a bad place right now. I want to give in. I can't carry on like this, I'm so useless I can't stop feeling like this. I'm so frightened to carry on living, I spend every minute thinking how useless I am...

i'm trying my best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 08:48 PM   #18
i'm trying my best
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
I am currently:
How do I get through the weekend (day)

A friend from work who I was speaking to in cofidence has told all to my bosses (this isn't the first time, but this time she really has told them everything), and not only that, she now says she can't support me outside of work anymore (I know this is fair enough she has got a lot going on at home), but why couldn't she speak to me herself about it all, instead both of us and the two people she told all had to have a meeting today.

I feel alone and betrayed and frightened and scared.

i'm trying my best is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:31 AM.