RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31-10-2010, 02:47 AM   #1
Bitter_Angel
*First Aid Advisor*
 
Bitter_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Narnia
I am currently:
Describe

So, I want to know, what is a vet? (Not the kind that deals with animals, you know what I mean)
What does being a vet mean to you?
Can you describe it in 30 words or less?




Eva. Gone, but never forgotten 27.3.10

Bitter_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 03:18 AM   #2
akita
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
I am currently:

I don't consider myself a very because I hardly ever post in here.






akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:13 AM   #3
effervescence
tired
 
effervescence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I am currently:

Someone who feels more comfortable around other members who have a wider life perspective than "omg my mum's going to kill me" or whatever.

Someone who really wants some real, useful support and empathy from others who have similar or shared life experiences.

Someone with a sense of humour!

I could write more but that is prob already over 30 words.



Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.


effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:17 AM   #4
effervescence
tired
 
effervescence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I am currently:

Or, if you wanted a more personal view of "being" a vet:

I see myself as someone older than many (but not all) members who use the other boards, who does not have the time or inclination to listen to a load of tween angst because I have both been there done that, and I have other problems to deal with that can't be fixed by someone who has never had to deal with them.

I'm not saying that I only accept advice from those who have been where i have been, but I'm saying that younger people whose lives are involved with school/parents/teachers etc cannot be expected to empathise with the position of someone older, because they have not reached that life stage yet.

I also see myself as someone who seeks out the company of those who are older because we have similar sense of humour, irony and perspective which adds depth to the relationships we have with each other and therefore allows us to give each other "deeper" advice or empathy.



Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.


effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:19 AM   #5
effervescence
tired
 
effervescence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I am currently:

Also, and this is very important:

I see being a vet meaning that I am allowed to have totally depressive useless ranting moments and being able to write about it in a thread without either triggering people or offending someone.

I'll shut up now :p can you tell i'm procrastinating instead of writing an essay?!



Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.


effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:40 PM   #6
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

I think to those who use vets regularly it means sanctuary. I thnk to those who dont use it, it means clique.

Not what you are looking for i know, but i fear its true, especially the second part, which makes me really sad.

Its a shame there is nothing for Adult Sh'ers on tinterweb. Im not sure RYl is the place for it in all honesty.

I was looking at ruin yesterday. the anything goes section reminded me of the old vets. I guess thats why so many were fond of it as it was?

Sorry to digress and derail kim. :/



~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P



Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:39 PM   #7
Coffee Addict
~♥ANGEL VOICE♥~,
 
Coffee Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Va. U.S.A.
I am currently:

A "vet" is someone who has stopped believing in faries and unicorns. We have come to realize......there is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

A "vet" is someone who probably knows life sucks in general, but best to deal with it and look on the brighter side.
They should also know.....no one is going to wave a majic wand and make them all better.




Matthew, I was just on RUIN myself yesterday.....good old times.




In Youth We LEARN....
With Age We UNDERSTAND.
I'll never try to fit in.
I was born to stand out!


Coffee Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:23 PM   #8
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

I honestly have no idea, since I wouldn't really class myself as a vet. Probably someone who acknowledges that their problems are their own (ie, their mum didn't 'make' them hurt themselves or whatever), know that they aren't going to magically go away after a day, that it is a long and hard process and that the effort needs to come from within themselves. That if they aren't willing to try, no one else is going to be able to help.

I don't think it's an age or an experience thing as such, perhaps more a maturity thing. Obviously there are a lot more 'adult' issues here but that's because there are a lot more adults.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:44 PM   #9
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

Vets: "where irony and humour meets reality and compassion"

Vets: "Life Is ****! but we have boobies!"

sorry couldnt resist. :P


Vets: "Where you can cut yourself to ribbons and your mum will never know"

sorry i still cant resist........

*runs off*



~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P



Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:53 PM   #10
Queen Crabbit
Are you a florist?
 
Queen Crabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
I am currently:

Vets: Where people have a sense of humour.

Vets: Where people give real advice, and not just *hugs*.




&& then buffy staked edward. the end.


Queen Crabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #11
Sefka
 
Sefka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
I am currently:

Vets - like one of those country pubs where you walk in and everything falls silent. Then someone says 'you're not from round these parts, are you?'




Каждому, каждому в лучшее верится,
Катится, катится голубой вагон!




Sefka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:01 PM   #12
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

^^^^^ :(



~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P



Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #13
Queen Crabbit
Are you a florist?
 
Queen Crabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
I am currently:

Sefka, what makes you feel like that?




&& then buffy staked edward. the end.


Queen Crabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:37 AM   #14
Bitter_Angel
*First Aid Advisor*
 
Bitter_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Narnia
I am currently:

And if somebody did say your not from around these parts, it would prolly descend into a lot of jokes about lady parts.




Eva. Gone, but never forgotten 27.3.10

Bitter_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #15
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YCFIVoWXqE[/ame][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YCFIVoWXqE"] [/ame]



~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P



Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:05 PM   #16
Laura2.0
 
Laura2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Germany

^ made me lol



You survived the abuse.
You're gonna survive the recovery.

- Olivia Benson

Laura, Ginger, Cassi, Luna, Joni, Lena


Laura2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:30 AM   #17
Anarchymummy
fighting with automatic self destruction...
 
Anarchymummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Up North
I am currently:

VETS- Where it's ok to be a parent,and still be struggling with life....
I can just be myself here,and not someone's mummy.... argh rambling now :P hehe BOOBIES Matt...





“Though she be but little, she is fierce!”

20.12 .07 - Cathryn



Anarchymummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #18
Sefka
 
Sefka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
I am currently:

Sorry, that was a bit grumpy. I shall redeem myself with a joke...

What did the ghost say to the bee?



-Boo, bee!
Geddit?


Last edited by Sefka : 04-11-2010 at 04:54 PM. Reason: numpt



Каждому, каждому в лучшее верится,
Катится, катится голубой вагон!




Sefka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:13 PM   #19
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefka View Post
Sorry, that was a bit grumpy. I shall redeem myself with a joke...

What did the ghost say to the bee?



-Boo, bee!
Geddit?

Thats my new fav joke!! love it!



~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P



Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:59 PM   #20
Bitter_Angel
*First Aid Advisor*
 
Bitter_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Narnia
I am currently:

^^Any excusse to say boobie (thats also what vets is :p)




Eva. Gone, but never forgotten 27.3.10

Bitter_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:52 PM.