RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
Doikers
Louder Than God's Revolver and Twice as Shiny
 
Doikers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wales , UK
I am currently:
Housing Benefit assesment .

Right so I've had a letter telling me I'm going to have a visit from a housing benefit assesor tomorrow , It's part of the new government checking to make sure people who claim benefits are entitled to them. I am entitled , my housing support worker said so , I'm still anxious about the whole thing though , Having anxiety issues doesn't help .
What I was wondering is that is there anyone else here who has had this assesment and how does it go? Any tips? I've gotten a copy of my tenancy, Bank Statement and Income Support letter all ready but I don't know what to expect . Thanks :)



I'm still not comfortable in my skin and the anasthetic's slowly wearing thin - Otep
Everyones lost but me! - Indiana Jones

It's okay , they know me here .

Kahlia1981 is my adopted little sister :)


''Courage doesn't always roar , sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow"

Doikers is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 03-10-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
~Grace~
 
Join Date: Jun 2007

Sorry, I have no advice but wanted to wish you well for tomorrow xx

~Grace~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:56 AM   #3
frannie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
I am currently:

make them a cup of tea and people tend to be nicer and less scary. sounds stupid but it works, and it gives you two minutes to calm yourself in the kitchen when they're looking over stuff. trust in your support worker, they know what they're doing :) good luck

frannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:27 AM   #4
Doikers
Louder Than God's Revolver and Twice as Shiny
 
Doikers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wales , UK
I am currently:

Well the Houseing benifit assesor lady came just now , she was here for 5 minutes Max , ask a few questions , Name , postcode , are you on income support ........ and had me sign the form and left , she seemed nice and was plaesant and came early *YEY* , So releived that it's over , she didn't even want to look at my bank statement or income support letter like the letter said to have ready . I offered her tea but she didn't want any , SO glad it's over :)

Thanks for your support guys n gals :)



I'm still not comfortable in my skin and the anasthetic's slowly wearing thin - Otep
Everyones lost but me! - Indiana Jones

It's okay , they know me here .

Kahlia1981 is my adopted little sister :)


''Courage doesn't always roar , sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow"

Doikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:39 PM   #5
misskitty112
Short and Fiesty.... Enough Said.
 
misskitty112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: A small town, West Virginia
I am currently:

I'm glad it turned out well, dear *hugs*



"Life is easy to chronicle, but bewildering to practice."-- E.M. Forster

misskitty112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:37 AM   #6
frannie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
I am currently:

oh yay glad it is all over... see the magic of tea made it all go ok.. heehee.

frannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:37 AM.