RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #1
Schleier von Dunst
Let the music express the unexpressable.
 
Schleier von Dunst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: My bedroom
I am currently:
Contains alcohol - My girlfriend says I'm dependant on alcohol...

... but I refuse to believe her... So she says I'm in denial. It's not long until I'm 18, and she says she's worried that I'll become a "proper" alcoholic. She says that the only reason I don't drink right now is because I don't have much access to it when my parents are home, and I can't buy it. She says that when I can buy it, I might get really bad.

I don't drink as much as I used to, before we were together, and before August. I drink less than I used to. But if I can, I'll lace things with vodka or Brandy, or I'll have a beer or cider when I can. I don't self harm any more, in the sense of cutting/burning/overdosing, but when I feel bad I like to drink it away. I often get cravings which sometimes drive me crazy if I can't get hold of any drink, and sometimes I'll have an anger attack if I can't get any. But I don't want to believe it. I'm not an addict. I'm not an alcoholic... I don't want to believe it.




Das Leben ich(The life of me)


Schleier von Dunst is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 22-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #2
Schleier von Dunst
Let the music express the unexpressable.
 
Schleier von Dunst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: My bedroom
I am currently:

... I'm sorry.




Das Leben ich(The life of me)


Schleier von Dunst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #3
HarryMonk
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
I am currently:

its a young age to have them thoughts & stuff. See a doc mate. Tell them what you just said there buddy.

Harry Monk x

HarryMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #4
Schleier von Dunst
Let the music express the unexpressable.
 
Schleier von Dunst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: My bedroom
I am currently:

When I had a psychiatrist, I mentioned it to him once, and he glossed right over it. He barely mentioned it. He just didn't care. Which made me not really care... Would they listen more if I was over 18? It's only a month til I am....




Das Leben ich(The life of me)


Schleier von Dunst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2010, 09:10 AM   #5
Sigma
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
I am currently:

It's not a good road to go down, like Harry said. Are you seeing a counsellor or psych at the moment?

Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #6
Schleier von Dunst
Let the music express the unexpressable.
 
Schleier von Dunst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: My bedroom
I am currently:

Not any more. I stopped going in about November because I didn't trust them any more.




Das Leben ich(The life of me)


Schleier von Dunst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #7
Cryptic.
If at first you don't succeed, try try try again.
 
Cryptic.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK, Surrey
I am currently:


Hey lovely,
I would suggest maybe seeing someone until then, can you see a Crisis Team or anything? Is there anyone around your area who could help? What about AA?

You may not be an alcoholic but it does sound like you have alcohol problems, it sounds like you abuse alcohol & use it for the wrong reasons & at times maybe you are dependent on it?

Your girlfriend seems to care a lot about you, & seems very concerned for when you are of legal age to buy alcohol, what are your plans with that? Do you intend on buying alcohol a lot? Does it cross your mind? Do you feel you have urges to binge drink just to fade from reality?
If so, it does sound like you're heading onto becoming an alcoholic.

I really think you should get some help, I'd go to your GP with this & maybe print it off & talk to them about this, they can help you.

x



In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.






Cryptic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:14 AM   #8
Sigma
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
I am currently:

^ as Sarawr says, it sounds as if it would be a good idea to get help. If your last counsellor didn't work out your Dr may be able to refer you to someone else?

Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:20 PM.