RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
Droplet

Positivity

Well over the past couple of months, while I have struggled a hell of a lot in many ways, my eating has gotten better and better.

I still struggle with not having much of an appetite til evening and then wanting to eat the fridge, but I usually cope. (Anyone else get that in the evening/night?)

I think this new type of (good) control has come from being more accepting of me. :)

I lost weight very slowly which people have noticed and commented on and can now fit into clothes I couldn't a few months ago which feels fantastic, but I am still too big.

I recently have been doing a lot more exercise which also feels great. As my boyfriend says, 'pedal your way to happiness, Miranda'.

I'd like a little encouragement actually! You see, in a week (next Sunday) I have a health MOT assessment thingumabob. I am nervous to see just how 'bad' and unhealthy I am (even if I have improved a little over the last few months), especially compared to my boyfriend who has an active job, is a lot more fit, and also having one.

And then end of September we are joining a gym which I am scared about too.

But things are looking up!

xxxx

The Mole was bewitched, entranced, fascinated. By the side of the river he trotted as one trots, when very small, by the side of a man who holds one spell-bound by exciting stories; and when tired at last, he sat on the bank, while the river still chattered on to him, a babbling procession of the best stories in the world, sent from the heart of the earth to be told at last to the insatiable sea.
Wind in the Willows.

Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
Everything Inside

I am currently:

Wel for starts WELL DONE!! you should be proud of what you have achieved, its is healthier and better for your body to lose a little over time rather then dramatically lose a large amount in a short space of time.

You'r health MOT thing may say that your still this your still that but it will show an improvement and that positive is what you should concentrate on this should hopefully prove to you that what you are doing is right because your getting healthier :)

I think you'r a brave person I wont go to a gym im to scared, so i think its bloody brilliant that your going to join one, makes me in a sense idolise you!

Keep up the good work your doing SO well :D:D
Fran x x

OOO... P.s do you cycle because you said that your boyfriend says, "'pedal your way to happiness, Miranda'."

x x x x x

Blink 182
"With All Of This I Know Now,
Everything Inside Of My Head.
It All Just goes To Show How Nothing I Know Changes Me At All."

All Of This

Everything Inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #3
Droplet

Thank you lots for your reply. :)

I do cycle but only on an exercise bike, I don't dare face the roads!

I have wanted to join a gym, do classes, go swimming, etc, for absolutely ages, and I kept putting it off.. but with my boyfriends encouragement and a little wild courage from me I just made the decision to go for it.

I also started college today. :D I'm doing an Acting course which I really need to be fit and healthy for, which is a great motivation.

xxx

The Mole was bewitched, entranced, fascinated. By the side of the river he trotted as one trots, when very small, by the side of a man who holds one spell-bound by exciting stories; and when tired at last, he sat on the bank, while the river still chattered on to him, a babbling procession of the best stories in the world, sent from the heart of the earth to be told at last to the insatiable sea.
Wind in the Willows.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
Everything Inside

I am currently:

Aww wow I used to love drama
I have a real bike because my dad wont have an exercise bike :D
There is a lady i go to college with who goes to a gym lost LOADS of weight she is looking amazing.

Good luck with everything, and just remember how great you feel when those choccys are calling!!
I always find if they aren't there you cant have it :D

x x x x

Blink 182
"With All Of This I Know Now,
Everything Inside Of My Head.
It All Just goes To Show How Nothing I Know Changes Me At All."

All Of This

Everything Inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:57 PM   #5
HopeRises

Miranda, Well done for being pro active even though it scares you and things. I think thats really amazing and you should definitely be proud of yourself for what you've done so far.

loosing little weight over a stretch of time is better than a lot in a short length of time thats for sure (though I do recognise how frustrating that can be and I think if in your health MOT you remember that you've started being healthier and that you've made improvements & that if you carry on you'll make more improvements to your health then hopefully it won't be so scary.
& if your boyfriend is quiet active anyway he'll be able to do more but I think that if you continue to exercise regularly (but not excessivly) and eat well you will also be able to do just as much probably. Seeing your fitness levels increase and actually feeling fitter/healthier are really good feelings and hopefully that will spur you on to keep well and healthy.

I hope some of this made sense my brain is a little jumbled.

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:22 AM   #6
Sparky!

Well done Miranda! You're doing amazingly well and I am proud of you! (You should be too, and it sounds like you do recognise how well you're doing which is great!)

It's positive that you're doing things that are new and scary like joining a gym - I was terrified when I joined but it wasn't that scary in the end and it did make me feel such a lot better. Really must get back to the gym!

The health MOT sounds like it might be a bit difficult! I would hate something like that! But yup, I'm sure if you just remember how well you're already doing you can use it as motivation to carry on the way you are - keep exericising and eating well, etc, but don't overdo it!

Also, college sounds exciting! How did it go today?

Sending lots of love and *hugs* your way. xxxxx

(Also, I know the feeling about just wanting to eat everything in the evening! I'm impressed you're managing to cope with that - please tell me how!!)

Old 09-09-2010, 10:42 AM   #7
Droplet

Thank you everyone. :)

Things are still going well. Suprisingly, I haven't felt the urge to step on the scales for a while now. I couldn't have done that a bit ago. It's feels freeing, and I know that if I am doing ok anyway.

I am actually now really looking forward to the gym.

College went well, thanks. I feel like I made the right choice. It feels exciting and like I can put all the **** thats happened behind me.

In the evenings.. well. I try and go upstairs to bed quite early and go on my laptop/phone to distract myself, and then just go straight to sleep. I tell myself I can have the cereal/whatever I'm craving in the morning. It's easier when I can sleep.

But still.. I'm not used to feeling so positive - can't help feeling that it's kinda a bad thing. :S

xxx

Wind in the Willows.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
crazykat
Fight for another day

Miranda well done lovely, it's sounds like you have taken alot of positive steps so that's ace :) Good luck with the gym and assessment. You CAN do this

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:03 PM   #9
Droplet

I did it! (the health assessment)

It went fine really except I couldn't stop laughing when he measured my resting heart rate which made me quite frustrated with myself and embarrassed!

I am shorter than I thought I was which put my BMI up a little which is a bit :( but hey, now I know.

Really it's my weight and fitness that need to improve. Things like my blood glucose, cholesterol, waist ratio, blood pressure, sleep, alcohol, etc are ok. Overall, encouraging, and I got a green tick.

Thanks for all the support!

My mood has dropped quite a bit over the past few days, hopefully it'll pick up for college..

Wind in the Willows.

Old 18-09-2010, 01:31 PM   #10
crazykat
Fight for another day

Glad it went reasonably well, well done you should be proud of yourself

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:55 AM   #11
sarali

very good post

sarali is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)