RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
Warrior_x
♥Alecia&&Demi♥
 
Warrior_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Manchester
I am currently:
In Debt. Help?

SO. I have no idea what to do. I got a letter in the post today. Saying I owe almost £500 in debt to a bank that allowed me to go overdrawn when it shouldn't have.
I have no money coming in. I am currently living off my girlfriend money...

I know they will make me pay, but they want it all in one payment. And I just can't afford that...
The only way to do that would be to get a loan.

Has anyone got any advice?
This has realllyyyy got to me. I want to cry. And harm. Etc..





Warrior_x is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 27-08-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
GoldDustReturnz
This Member is currently Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
I am currently:

Humph.
I have no idea what to suggest sweeets,
If you've explained your situation & they still want it back in full. Then I don't know.
Try find out your credit history to see if your are eligible for a loan, because sometimes you won't be if your in debt etc, and you might need a credit card & you need to prove you'll be able to pay it back, without a job, it won't be easy.
also, I'll try help you out, okay?
I can get some money together.

I love you, we'll talk soon, ill text you infact.
Love you, stay safe. Xxxxx

GoldDustReturnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
Warrior_x
♥Alecia&&Demi♥
 
Warrior_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Manchester
I am currently:

Amber. You are not giving me any money.
I'd rather be in debt to a company than to a friend. I've had that problem before. And I don't want it again. I do love you. And thank you for offering. But I'll sort something out. I'm going to try my mum. See if she will lend me a little bit. I don't know. It's just getting me down.
I love you too.
And Lynn will keep me safe. Even if I don't want her to. Lol
xxx





Warrior_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
88shelz
be positive
 
88shelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
I am currently:

why should you not have been allowed to go into overdraft?

all you can do is set up an appointment at your bank and explain your situation and come to an agreement with them. they cannot make you pay back the ful amount if you dont have the money to do so. they should come to an arrangement where they freeze your account and let you pay a certain amount per week/month.

i was in this situation and it was hell....manage it as soon as possible so that they dont start adding other charges





88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #5
GoldDustReturnz
This Member is currently Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
I am currently:

You won't have to pay me back silly billy.
Don't worry about it.
Let me know if your mum doesn't help you out, okay.
I understand it getting you down, if you need me, you know where I am.
I love you mega! <3 <3

GoldDustReturnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #6
88shelz
be positive
 
88shelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaintedSmiles. View Post
Humph.
I have no idea what to suggest sweeets,
If you've explained your situation & they still want it back in full. Then I don't know.
Try find out your credit history to see if your are eligible for a loan, because sometimes you won't be if your in debt etc, and you might need a credit card & you need to prove you'll be able to pay it back, without a job, it won't be easy.
also, I'll try help you out, okay?
I can get some money together.

I love you, we'll talk soon, ill text you infact.
Love you, stay safe. Xxxxx

definatly dont get a loan or credit card to pay this overdraft.
that will incur more debt ...you need to get rid of the debt





88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #7
moke
 
moke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Surrey, UK
I am currently:

Talk to the Citizens Advice Bureau. They will be able to tell you if what your bank is doing is legal, and they also have the authority to act on your behalf and come to an arrangement regarding repayment plans - even as little as £1 a week if that's all that can be afforded. They're probably your best port of call.





Love you Chiefy x

moke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #8
GoldDustReturnz
This Member is currently Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
I am currently:

I was giving her information on her option, actually, she suggested it.

GoldDustReturnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #9
Warrior_x
♥Alecia&amp;&amp;Demi♥
 
Warrior_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Manchester
I am currently:

I went into over-draft because I got told I wouldn't be able to. So, if money was due out, it wouldn't come out. And it went over by about 2p. So then they charged me £30. And then they charge you for *that* It's ridiculous really.

And Abmz, I've been trying to get hold of my mum for the last hour. But neither her, my sister OR my nan want to pick up their phones to me. And I text them. And yeah. They are ignoring me it would seem.

As if I didn't feel bad enough. I KNEW something would ruin my birthday. Wayyyy to go world!! Lol.

xxx





Warrior_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #10
GoldDustReturnz
This Member is currently Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
I am currently:

It'l be okay lovely, Abi is in debt at 1000 right now I think.

Shes paying off 20 a month. And any ingoing money, she has a jiro(sp)
for, and she can draw it out at the post office, or go to her branch and draw it out.
They will ask you if you want a meeting, over the phone, or in manc centre probably.
They dont really have an option but to let you pay back what you can.
There's nothing you have that they can take to be honest.
Also, you might get a letter from VIL collections saying you owe them 500 poud too, thats just the debt collecting agency, it doesnt mean you owe the bank & them
x

GoldDustReturnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #11
GoldDustReturnz
This Member is currently Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke View Post
Talk to the Citizens Advice Bureau. They will be able to tell you if what your bank is doing is legal, and they also have the authority to act on your behalf and come to an arrangement regarding repayment plans - even as little as £1 a week if that's all that can be afforded. They're probably your best port of call.

This is a good idea Gem.
But the least you can give I think is ten pound.
Also. When you speak to the bank.
Be firm, because unless your firm, theyll take advantage.
They did that with abs.
I told her, to really tell them how it was.
She did, And magically, They could let her pay them back in smaller amounts
x

GoldDustReturnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #12
88shelz
be positive
 
88shelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
I am currently:

so it is an unautorised overdraft charge then!
unfortunatly the banks state in their agreements that if you dont have the money to pay something they will let you have an unauthorised overdraft but you will be charge (in your case) £30 for that facility. when opening the account you will have signed to agree. its all in the small print.
they are crafty by not pointing that out unless you ask
for me i had to get proof of my benefits and have the account frozen. they cancelled some of the charges and left me to pay the rest.





88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #13
Warrior_x
♥Alecia&amp;&amp;Demi♥
 
Warrior_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Manchester
I am currently:

I'm going to go to them. Unfortunatly where I live they are only open on Friday mornings. Thank you.





Warrior_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #14
GoldDustReturnz
This Member is currently Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
I am currently:


Take care lovely.
Ima put my sim in another phone.
Text me if you need
Love youu
xxx

GoldDustReturnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #15
Warrior_x
♥Alecia&amp;&amp;Demi♥
 
Warrior_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Manchester
I am currently:

Thank you my lovely.
I love you too.
xxx

P.S
I shall not be accepting any money from you :P
<3





Warrior_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2010, 03:44 PM   #16
GoldDustReturnz
This Member is currently Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
I am currently:

Whatever
Its my choice, you have no say in it :p

GoldDustReturnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #17
x.Lollisaur.x
Lynnie =]
 
x.Lollisaur.x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Manchester
I am currently:

Amber <3<3
That is all.

x.Lollisaur.x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2010, 06:21 PM   #18
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...
 
Bleeding Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hello Kitty Land
I am currently:

You say you have no money comming in but should you not find out about benifits and see what you can apply for? Also talking to CAB should help.

Im going to dissagre, if you cant pay it you might be able to see if you can take out a credit card from your bank - they offer less intrest to pay back, and it might be eaier paying back £20 a month - yes it will take longer with intrest added on, but i would say that as a last resort.





"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"


Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2010, 08:06 PM   #19
Warrior_x
♥Alecia&amp;&amp;Demi♥
 
Warrior_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Manchester
I am currently:

I am currently waiting to recieve my ESA from the Social.

I have spoken to my mum. She has said she will lend me some money to pay at least some of it off. BUT. I'm going to wait until I speak to CAB before I pay any of it as they might be able to get it reduced or something.

I feel stupid for letting it get to me.

Thank you all for the advice :)

xx





Warrior_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:34 PM.