RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21-08-2010, 01:16 AM   #1
zivalover16
 
zivalover16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boiceville NY
I am currently:
Roommates or the lack of (college)

Here's the thing. The first year of college I had a bipolar roommate who decided it wasn't necessary for her to take her meds. She told me to leave my wrist alone in those exact words and blamed me for putting parasites on her computer. and left half way through the year...... My second year I started out without a roommate got a friend to be my roommate who ended up leaving because her father had died a year before and she was having a hard time with it( i understand that).... Now I had a roommate who was perfect... We were sure she was coming back, now I get a text, she most likely won't be coming back until January so I will probably either get someone else or no roommate. The thing is, I have stopped cutting for now and now that I don't have a roommate I feel I will be more apt to cut. Idk what to do anymore..... I feel cursed....


sry this is so long... I'm just feeling more depressed. ( I am visiting my grandparent who don't know my name half the time)



Big Sister:Squiggles
Little Sister: PaintItBlack
Cousins: dereksarah, Hollz

zivalover16 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 21-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #2
panda710
 
panda710's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ohio
I am currently:

I can relate. my first year of college, which was the hardest, i didn't have a roomate. the girl decided to go to another school and they never replaced her. and my second year i hate a roomate who had a breakdown and left before january and so i was by myself again. to kind of keep myself ok i left my door open a lot. so if i was watching tv or something there were people walking by. or when i was studying i'd go to the study lounge. i don't know if that helps a lot. i'm a person who struggle with loneliness as well as cutting so that kind of helped me with that issue too.

panda710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #3
zivalover16
 
zivalover16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boiceville NY
I am currently:

I never thought of that... I think I shall try that... Thank you.. I do struggle with loneliness. I tend to over think when I am alone and I think that's what gets me a lot of the times



Big Sister:Squiggles
Little Sister: PaintItBlack
Cousins: dereksarah, Hollz

zivalover16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #4
makedamnsure
 
makedamnsure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
I am currently:

If you have a library or study area then definately try going there. Just having people around helps.



Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self Control
Indomitable Spirit


makedamnsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2010, 04:44 AM   #5
brian126
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Home
I am currently:

I'd try and find afterschool activities to get involed withand a couple friends houses to rotate where you can spend some time with other people, i know this is hard but hang in there, as time goes along it will get eaiser hopefully

brian126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #6
Haleigh.xx
Just breathe.
 
Haleigh.xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PA, USA
I am currently:

I am having the same problem. Today is my first day of college and I have a single dorm. Everyone started yesterday so basically everyone has friends. I have nobody and I'm afraid that might make me more likely to do it.
I've just been walking around trying to find people sitting alone and I sit down and talk to them. Try and keep social I guess =/.

Haleigh.xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2010, 01:50 AM   #7
zivalover16
 
zivalover16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boiceville NY
I am currently:

Hey thank you everyone... as it turns out my roommate can come back...I still have to get out and be social though so thanks for suggestion. ^ I hope you can find some people so hang out with... It's rough the first year not having a roommate. I'd have to say that was the roughest for me....Try joining a club or starting one...I've have people suggest that to me.



Big Sister:Squiggles
Little Sister: PaintItBlack
Cousins: dereksarah, Hollz

zivalover16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #8
Haleigh.xx
Just breathe.
 
Haleigh.xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PA, USA
I am currently:

That's great that she can come back! You should throw a little movie night or something for her.

Oh and I went to the cafeteria and saw a girl sitting alone so I went to talk to her. It turns out she was pretty lonely too because she just moved to the USA from Nepal on Monday and she had no clue about American customs or anything. Now me and her are almost always together and we both have the courage to talk to other people. Don't be afraid to ask someone for their number too. That way you can meet up with them after class for meals or studying or whatever. I noticed since school just started people are willing to be friends with basically anyone who will talk to them.

Haleigh.xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2010, 09:25 PM   #9
zivalover16
 
zivalover16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boiceville NY
I am currently:

I;m so glad to hear that you found someone else to hang with.... We are having a little pizza night tonight while we unpack...I've found that's how I made some of my friends...by just sitting with them.... Good luck with school...



Big Sister:Squiggles
Little Sister: PaintItBlack
Cousins: dereksarah, Hollz

zivalover16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:52 AM.