RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area
Katie's Support Thread

I have a tough few weeks coming up, with both members of my treatment team away. Plus all my flatmates are away next week.

This is my support thread.

I'm determined not to hurt myself, but I don't know how I'll cope with that resolve, with all my insecurities and the stressors around for those issues that I get each therapy break.

Realities about my internal dynamics are also starting to start to sink in, from things my therapist has explained to me. The thing is to not let Them restrain me. But it's hard to know at this point what are real limitations and which is Their propaganda.

I'm tired. I, Katie never get a rest, never get a holiday from the inside of my head. And I can't afford a holiday holiday either.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
whirlpools
 
Join Date: May 2008

I understand the feeling of never being able to get away from the things that happen inside. Also, I identify with being without a treatment team, with my psychologist being away for the next month after tomorrow.

I'm confident that, with our support and your inner resources that you will get through this break, though you may (or may not) have intense struggles and conflicts on the way. You're a strong woman and we're listening.

Is there any way you could use the money you would have used for therapy for a different kind of therapy? Maybe some kind of short retreat or creative class?

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #3
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Thanks Laura.
Uh. My parents pay for my therapy. So yeah.
I can't take any annual leave from work for at least another month.

I'm so not myself right now.
Katie's supposed to be able to cope, but where the hell is Katie?

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:57 PM   #4
whirlpools
 
Join Date: May 2008

Could your parents consider a different type of "therapy" for the next few weeks? Or do you think that's a bit of an ask? I'm not sure what kind of therapy... I don't mean psychological therapy based... rather a therapeutic activity.

Also, are there any Samaritans centres near you where you can actually go in and talk to someone in person? I believe there's some around, it might be worth finding out.

Katie might be feeling very vulnerable and raw and exposed, and is probably really feeling the "abandonment" that's imminent (sp?) from both members of her treatment team.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #5
Snow Leopard
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
I am currently:

I'm sending warm thoughts to you. It is really destabalising when your support network is absent I know I've been there. Let us know if there is anything you need from us. I hope that this break helps you see the resources and resilience that you do possess!

Snow Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #6
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Thank you both.

Well, I've been pondering over seeing a new homeopath. But I don't know. It might be Trini just wanting another 'mummy'. *sigh* My therapist suggested a few weeks back that a massage could be good for me. But I really would like to do that kind of thing when I have a support structure around me in case any body memories come falling out of the woodwork.

We have a Samaritans centre near one of my workplaces. The Samaritans are kind of a sore point for Katrina at the moment, after this Care Plan they put me on over Easter, to not reply to my emails until at least 48 hours after I'd sent it. Just seemed like a good way to get rid of me. Because I'm just a hysterical fake attention seeker who doesn't need help, right?
I've found a helpline which I could call, a women's [all types of] abuse survivor one. But that would only really work while my flatmates are away.

And if the BAA strike happens, and impacts on *things* [I don't want to get into details yet, but it's probably self explanatory when I say therapy is due to start back 1st September.] then I could be a total 'basket case' very quickly.

I can't quite get my head around the 'really feeling' bit, although I'm desperately defending against the sadness, yes. And feeling frightened. The rage. Uh, well, that consumes everything, I know. I was never this angry growing up. Or I never felt it. I probably... was.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #7
no point
*Ashley*
 
no point's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I am currently:

I don't have words right now but just wanted to say I read your post. You're not alone in this. *hugs*

no point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:28 AM   #8
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Thank you..

I feel sick, and my chest/heart feels so raw.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #9
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Most of this mornings last-before-the-break therapy session was REALLY tough. I was swamped with my utter neediness and rage and fear. I feel so ashamed. I was so... not myself. I'd lost myself. It was awful.

I'm still on tenterhooks re this threatened strike.

And I feel raw and ashamed and ashamed and my eyes hurt and I feel full of self pity.

Why am I such a child?
Well, I know that.
But it damn HURTS.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:42 PM   #10
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

I wish I could be strong, that I felt strong.
I'm struggling.
I ache for someone to tell me that they understand how hard it is for me.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:39 PM   #11
hidingme
 
hidingme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I am currently:

hang in there katie (katrina and trini too) yall will make it through this. ya'll are strong and yall can do this.
hang in there..
pm if you need me/us ok hon
*safe hugs for all of you*
Hiding




<a href=http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=27091&dateline=1286135272 target=_blank>http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum...e=128613  5272</a>

hidingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #12
ThinkingofRecovery
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greater Manchester
I am currently:

Does this break happen every year at this time?

Have you managed to get through these breaks before and how have you done so?



"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13

ThinkingofRecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2010, 07:23 AM   #13
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Thanks.

Yes, the summer break is always around now. This year it's a bit shorter, because Easter break was longer.
But because of my attachment problems, I/child mind worry that she'll never come back, or be late back. And so any possible obstacle goes through my mind. Then when snow, disasters, volcano ash, and now a threatened airport workers strike feed all of those anxieties, it sends me into a feeling of panic, rage, and helplessness.
I have to try and maintain contact with my adult mind. But that is challenging. I have to try my best though.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2010, 11:42 AM   #14
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

I am having a lot of self hateful feelings today.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #15
startingagain
 
startingagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009

Do you get DLA? You could use that for a holiday. If you time it for when your therapist is away it might help. Also there is something called holiday helpers where as long as you can be a companion for someone you can go on holiday for free or at a reduced cost.

startingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2010, 07:51 PM   #16
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Nope. I don't get DLA. I'd likely get turned down so I don't want to try. I'm in that border zone of not ill enough, but impaired enough to have limits on my life.

I'm struggling right now with trying not to inflict my neediness on people. But it makes me more needy and isolated.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #17
startingagain
 
startingagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009

You never know about DLA. I'm surprised that I get it as I work. I'm on middle rate care and lower mobility. Ask your doctor if he would support an application.

startingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #18
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

I doubt she would, being as I'm on a gradual medication reduction plan...

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #19
startingagain
 
startingagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009

I don't take medication although it is because I refuse to. I also no longer see a psychiatrist because I discharged myself. They know this from the renewal form.

Maybe have a look at holiday helpers?

Anyway, I hope things work out for you. x

startingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #20
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Thanks. :)

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:54 PM.