RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
over the rainbow

I am currently:
Mildly Triggering (ED) - this may sound strange...

hello. ok,this may sound like a silly question,but i need to ask because its spinning round and round in my head.
basically,i want to know,does the body ever settle?
ive been eating the same amount for a few weeks now and have previously felt very full afterwards.but now,i dont. its ridiculous,but i still get hunger pains a little while after ive eaten! i guess im not eating alot,though its more than i was when i was really ill. i have got that empty and sickly feeling which i got when i wasnt eating. its so strange.
im scared of eating more however,because when does it stop? surely if im like this now,my body will never be happy with a certain amount?
i cant make sense of anything right now,and need some advice please.
love hevs

over the rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 05:12 PM   #2
melda
Amy

I am currently:

I can really relate to what you're saying. When I started to eat properly, I found I was really full like I was goig to burst, but after a while I started to feel like it wasnt enough and did start to get hungry before and after Id eaten. I think its the body getting used and trying to make sense of what is happening to it and it takes a while to readjust. It was important for me to have snacks inbetween meals so that I didnt get too hungry and feel like I was restricting. I think that when you (or anyone) doesnt eat properly for a long time, you learn to ignore the hunger, so when the body gets food, its like OMG I want more. Your body will become more settled, it just takes a while of consistency and making sure that you are getting enough. And remember its ok to fee hungry.

Take care xx

God Bless

xxx

melda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
La Lune

I am currently:

Your body will settle down, but you need to ensure that you are giving your body eough first of all. You might be eating the same amount, but it might not be enough to provide your body with the energy it needs to get through the day and therefore your body is screaming out to you for a little more to help it maintain your health. Take care :)

La Lune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #4
over the rainbow

I am currently:

dear Amy-yes,thats exactly how i feel! i have very small meals and dont have snacks.maybe i could try adding a snack,in the evening or something. you are right what you said about ignoring hunger,but now ive started eating again,its hard to ignore.i know this is dangerous if i carry on cos its when a possible binge-purge thing could happen,and i dont want to do that.could get very out of control if im not careful.so i may try adding something.its so hard to do though.
thanks for your message love.it helped alot,just to know someone understands.
take care.

dear 'estrella roja'-hi there love.thanks for posting. i do know i need to have more energy-you are right about that.especially as im off to college to study animal care this september-its all very practical work. i know i should probably make some changes now. its just very hard.i guess this is my body's way of telling me something.ive just got use to ignoring what it tells me to do,and listen to the voice instead.
take care love,and tahnks.

thank you for posting both of you.i dont feels so alone and things make abit more sense now.
love hevs

Old 14-07-2010, 11:40 PM   #5
melda
Amy

I am currently:

No probs, always here for you, and you can always PM me if you want. I know that for me if I get too hungry then I start thinking about food and I want to eat lots, and then I feel guilty and cant stand it in me. But I have found that eating often like 3 meals a day and a few snacks really does reduce the hunger and the urges to binge. I know its really hard to eat more, but if you stick with it, it does get easier and the more you do it, the more used to it you will get. Keep posting on here and getting support along the way, let me know how you get on, and if you need anything Im here.

Take care xx

God Bless

xxx

melda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #6
over the rainbow

I am currently:

hi amy.thanks for posting love.
ive managed to add a snack in the evening.but i struggled with what i had last night,so im going to start with something small,and build up to it.slow and steady wins the race!
i struggle with eating bigger amounts now,so i think ill try little and often.
yeah,you are right.it will be easier if i can stick with it.
take care and thanks.
love hevs

Old 18-07-2010, 10:11 PM   #7
-Tough-Cookie-
Life is a contradiction at times - as am I

I am currently:

Your body will settle but it will take much more than a couple of weeks.
I recon it took me about a year.
I've been eating a stabel amount for a couple of years now - i dont feel 'wrongly' hungry/full and my body is healthy and such.

I remembering be very worried itd never happen.

“Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.”
----
----

-Tough-Cookie- is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)