RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:
Stag Weekend -Please help!

I have my Brothers Stag weekend in two weeks time. We are going to leeds for the weekend. Staying at the Queens hotel in the centre. We get there friday night and then its Paintballing in the daytime on Saturday and then off to the dog races in the evening.

Ive heard from so many people the dogs is a great night out and ive never been so i thought it would be good fun as we can all have a bet and hopefully win some money too.


My problem is that im sat here right now in floods of tears. I am so stressed over all this. I havent been out socialising for years. I want my brother and his mates to have a good weekend and i feel 100% responsible for all of it.

I still havent gotten transport sorted. im already £60 out of pocket for one of his mates who decided to come late and im the ONLY one who is not working and on benefits.

I have nothign planned for the Friday night, no games or pranks or anything and im just totally blank. Because i dont know the guys going i havent a clue what to suggest. At least if it was my own friends id be more comfortable.

I really want to make it memorable and enjoyable for all. I just am rigid with fear and anxiety and i cant think straight and im really stuck.

Any suggestions or ideas would be goood. I dont know what bars we can go to or where or anything.

MEh im so useless. I cant believe im sobbing like a child over this.

Thanks Matthew x



~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P



Margo is offline  
Old 11-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

What is it that scares you, exactly?

Stellata is offline  
Old 11-07-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special
 
Mrs Sam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
I am currently:

Oh there are loads of bars in leeds! We went there for my friends hen weekend and we didnt know the town at all but we still found plenty of good places.

http://www.leeds-uk.com/bars.htm

Maybe start at Wetherspoons or Yates or something as they're good places to start off with cheap drinks. We started in Wetherspoons and got some food in there too. Or how about booking an indian restaurant or something for the friday night? Like for about 9.30pm so you can go for few drinks before and then out again afterwards but it'll sort of break the night up.

If you fancy camping it up then try http://www.birdcagelive.com/

Its a drag/caberet club and we went and loved every minute of it! But its very camp and OTT so maybe not so good if any of your brothers friends wouldnt like that sort of stuff.

Have you spoken to your brother about what he would like and what he wouldnt like? I dont think it really matters about his friends as its not their stag party. When S has his stag party the guys bought him a giant condom that he had to wear on his head and handcuffs and random stuff like that but he was drunk so loved it. Haha.

As for transport you could just look up train prices and then let everyone buy their own ticket. Try www.thetrainline.com/

The dogs will be a good night out. We went there a while ago on a work night out and it was very fun. There was a few different rules when it came to betting though but we got an information sheet with our tickets.

Oh i found the terms http://www.dog-track.co.uk/stakes_odds.shtml I usually put each way bets on because you had more chance of winning something! Although i spent £12 and won £8 so not really good idea to take advice off me!




Something Special.


Mrs Sam is offline  
Old 11-07-2010, 03:47 PM   #4
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

Thank You Sam. Ive emailed the lads asking for Driving volunteers so i have to see what happens about that and also i have written to the stag organising company to ask about dress restrictions ans sch for where we are staying and what clubs and pubs to go to. I was thinkin of getting my Bro a bananaman costume as its his ringtone on his phone and a giant inflatable banana to carry with him all weeked. forfeits for losing or leaving banana. Perhaps some tasks involving banana like ge3tting 10 women throughout the night to sit on his banana and have their pic taken.

I just feel so anxious. Ive she so many tears.

Katie i feel 100% responsible for the whole thing. Its the same pressure ive applied to myself for most of my adult life i guess. Its like its totally down to me whether people have a good time or not. Im worried about what to do and when to do it and all kinds of stuff.

the worst thing of all is that ive tried asking for help like on here which is great, but at home ive told my father and he just passes it off as nothing. Im encouraged to be more open and tell people when im struggling but i get nothng in return from those around me.

They all see me as Mister Competant. Its hard to explain. 5 Minutes of me being the worlds most confident person can take 3 hours of sheer anxiety ridden exhausting hell prior. I dont think many if any understand. *sigh*



~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P



Margo is offline  
Old 11-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #5
lamestate
 
lamestate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I am currently:

All your plans sound super to be honest - dog races are a lot of fun and there's plenty of drinking to get done in between races :)

The costume and the challenges sound pretty typical stag type stuff to me - but have a look at http://www.lastnightoffreedom.co.uk/stag-planning/ perhaps to see if there are any more fun ideas you could try?



But I can tell you've been through hell...


lamestate is offline  
Old 11-07-2010, 10:25 PM   #6
pez_barbie
a little pie
 
pez_barbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: newcastle upon tyne
I am currently:

not got chance to have a good look now for ideas but pm dates and what sort of thing they like n i'll have a think/google what you could plan tomorrow when im off xxx



If I pretended I was blind
And struck it from my mind
Would it still be there?
What if I'd do anything
To make it seem all right
I finally got Lei'd in Vets....It was an enjoyable experience!


pez_barbie is offline  
Old 12-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #7
random.swirls
Head forum moderator
 
random.swirls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Timbuktu!
I am currently:

Okay I went to uni in Leeds so there are a few ideas!

If you get to Leeds reasonably early on the Friday you could do theOtley Run that link is much longer then we ever did - we would stop at the Oak as it had a huge beer garden to sit in till the pub shut, half way through the Otley Run you come to some cheap but tasty and fun restaurants:
Jino's Thai Cafe
Caliente Cafe - Tex Mex
Salvos - Italian

If you are getting to Leeds latish on Friday then I suggest staying in the center and heading to the call lane area as there is loads of restaurants and bars around there.

I loved the birdcage but I'd say as a stag do it's probably not the right venue and it's alternative would be a lap dancing club (I don't know any im afraid!)

Could you organise TShirts for say the Friday night you can get them done reasonably cheaply a quick google brings up this site. They aren't a huge cost and are a nice memento and can tie into a theme if you so wish!

Pranks and dares!

Come up with x number of dares e.g. down a pint, get a girls number, sing a song in public, get bought a drink, ask someone about there fave sex position all sorts of silly ones like that and you can either hand them out individually or come up with a tick list that the stags have to do!

At one of my friends hen party we asked every hen to come up with a dare! Wrote it up on to a piece of cardboard and strung it round her neck - as she did each one it got crossed off. The advantage to this is he should get some tame ones, extreme ones and original dares!!

What about asking each stag to bring a memory and a memento that is personal to your brother. The memento is a keep sake of his unmarried days and the memories are a nice way to break the ice. My friend did this slightly differently with everyone asked to bring a gift that reminded them of an 'Amy moment' she had to guess what the 'moment' was and who the gift came from these were as silly as a box of tea through to some highlighter pens, 90% of the moments were hilarious and had the table in stiches!

Don't organise to much people aren't interested in it once the booze starts to flow!

Other idea's:-

Get a photo frame and ask the stags to sign it - put in a photo of the stags and give it to your bro as a reminder of his day!

Make sure you have labels so people can put there name on display saves the awkwardness of sorry what's your name!

Book a table at a restaurant and ask if you can decorate the table - this can be done cheaply and quickly if you enlist the help of a couple of the stags.

Most of these ideas can be done in an email or two and maybe one shopping trip! Remember there is no harm asking the other stags for ideas as they will be delighted to help!




When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball


random.swirls is offline  
Old 12-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #8
__T
 
__T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Englandshire
I am currently:

Leeds is good for a stag do.

Adding to what Camilla's suggested about locations, places like Carpe Diem and Mr Foleys would be good places to start at. If strip clubs/lap dancing is on the agenda, take them to Wildcats or Blue Coyote.

__T is offline  
Old 13-07-2010, 12:23 PM   #9
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

Thank you guys. Cam and Sam you are stars. Camilla thats helped a lot. The company have just called me to apologise that the Dog track are no longer accepting stag bookings. So we have to change our plans. Im reverting to my original choice:

My original choice was a comedy club in the evening as ive been to hundreds and its always a good night even when the acts are poo. they are kinda tailored for Stag and hen do's also.

The comedy club also provides us with the cheezy disco afterwards so theres no pressure to find somewhere else.

I guess this is a blessing in disguise as one of my main worries was how the hell to get to the dog track and back again and then find something to do after. Now we will be in the cetre of town all night and can just walk home.

they are also throwing in free lap dance entry tickets to compensate. I doubt we will go but theres another option handed to me.

I feel so stupid for getting so upset. I have no excuse. SOrry but thank you all. You have really helped!!!



~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P



Margo is offline  
Old 01-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #10
Victoria73
 
Join Date: Jul 2012

Your plans sound great. Some ideas for Leeds are below for a night out.

The Light - offers loads of bars around here
Calls - Call Lane
Leeds Tourist website - Offers some good advice for bars and locations
Tiger Tiger, www.tiger-tiger.co.uk
Oceana
Bar Risa
Park Row
Shooters
Leeds Stag Weekend nightlife passes - these offer bars and club entry which gives queue jumper
Chilli White - great club

Hope this helps someone

Victoria73 is offline  
Old 02-08-2012, 04:42 AM   #11
Mandimoo
Mummy!!
 
Mandimoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Newport, South Wales
I am currently:

Dead thread!



Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #12
effervescence
tired
 
effervescence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I am currently:

I wondered what Matthew was doing back here!

....he's not.



Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.


effervescence is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #13
Mandimoo
Mummy!!
 
Mandimoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Newport, South Wales
I am currently:

Stop bumping a zombie thread lol (it's already at the top so this post is not bumping)



Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #14
Tears and Rain
Forum Mod.
 
Tears and Rain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
I am currently:

Closing because veeeeery old thread.x



"Be nice. Think happy thoughts. Champion silver linings. Love all things (not just cute things like babies and kittens) & when you do love - love like they do in power ballads (you know like on a cliff with the wind in your hair and your eyes shut, knowing you'll never know love like this). Watch out for dog poo. Smile at people - even grumpy ones. Remember anything is possible & whatever you do always try to look on the bright side."

Tears and Rain is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:17 PM.