RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-01-2010, 02:05 AM   #1
Mina

I am currently:
Hey Guys. =]

I'm Samantha, I go by either that or Sam. I am recently 17 years old and I live in Chicago. About myself, there's not too much. I'm a pretty boring person, honestly. I am attending both high school and cosmetology school. Upon finishing these, I intend to got to school in California to become specialized in special effects makeup and prosthetics. Basically, movie/television gore and Halloween props. Interest wise, I am really into body modification of all kinds. I'm also a crafty person, not saying that I'm any good at any of it, but its something fun for me to do.

I found RYL while looking for local support groups, figured I might as well try posting here as well. I decided to look for more interactive help because most people I have tried to talk to about it just don't understand. Often, they just get angry and refuse to talk to me, which just triggers me and makes the situation worse. Thought it would be nice to talk to people who understand and who could hopefully help me find ways to control my urges. =]

I've been self harming for seven years, hasn't really seemed like that long until I think about it haha. I had managed to avoid harming myself for around three or four months, but recently relapsed due to someone I trusted completely betraying that. I am diagnosed with severe generalized anxiety disorder and bipolar disorder. Both I have been working on finding medication to help with for the last year, I have yet to find one that works with me.

Hopefully this will work for me and allow me to help others as well. I look forward to getting to know you. =]

Mina is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 27-01-2010, 02:12 AM   #2
brndedhero

I am currently:

Hi, welcome to the site

Everyone here is super friendly and really understanding. I'm sure you'll like it here. If ever things get to you and you need someone to chat to my PM box is always open.

Here have a biscuit on me.
Follow my Twitter

brndedhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 04:39 AM   #3
Buttercup.
loveeeeeee

I am currently:

Hi Sam!

Welcome to RYL. I'm glad you found the site, it's really helpful to find people who really do understand. I look forward to seeing you around!

If you ever want somebody to talk to, feel free to PM me :)

Jess x

I wanna stay inside all day
I want the world to go away

Buttercup. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
Cazki
14/6/2007 -

I am currently:

Hello welcome to ryl :) I hope you find ryl helpful. Here is the guide to ryl http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum...play.php?f=105

This is the Serious Discussion Forum http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum...splay.php?f=30

Here is the Self Injury Discussion Forum http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum...splay.php?f=29

This is the Mental Health Forum http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum...splay.php?f=44 If there is anything you need please feel free to get in touch.

Take care best wishes Ian

14/06/2007 -

Cazki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
Louise
A Ray of Hope

I am currently:

Hi Sam, welcome to RYL, It's nice to meet you,
Please do not hesitate to PM me anytime.

Take care
Louise x

“Never lose faith in yourself,
and never lose hope;
remember, even when this world throws its worst and then turns its back,
there is still always hope.”

Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #6
crazykat
Fight for another day

Hi Samantha
Welcome to RYL
PM me if you need anything
Take care
Kat xxx

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)