RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-08-2009, 12:17 AM   #1
ella1
cant find the peace

I am currently:
Triggering (Sexual Abuse) - new pathways...

right, i know i haven't been around much lately as i've been quite pickled in the brain! lotsa stuff happening but think i'm on mend ie no a and e in like 4 weeks! anyway purpose of thread is that i'm getting increasingly worried over my counselling with new pathways, i don't know if anyone has tried this before? if so it would be muchly appreciated if i had some feedback on it. my psych and cpn and doc all think the rape was when things became too much for me and as i have never talked about it before and simply 'bottled things up' then this could be the only saviour. my concern however is kinda well not being taken seriously as all the mental health professionals i have encountered thus far have basically made me feel like 'what's your problem' kinda thing and that i have to work to get better! which i thought i was doing but clearly i must be just as useless in this sense too. my cutting is creeping back up to danger level with anxiety of changing ad's and stupidly working so much- my fault i know. thing is aswell is that new pathways waiting lists are VERY long and don't know how much longer i can 'HANG ON' as it were.
anyway sorry for ranty thread but any response would be much appreciated xxx

I'm NOT sick but i'm NOT well

Kija is my ryl twin xxx

ella1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
Spots and Stripes

I am currently:

You're not useless. Tbh, I don't know how much help this will be but I tried counselling years ago and took myself out of it because I felt they were talking about the same things over and over again and not really 'listening'. They basically drew their own conclusions and nothing talked them round from their view.
Professionals can never put themselves in your place unless they've been through it and it may sometimes be hard for them to do that.
Usually they are a waste of space ( :-x *Awaits flying rocks*), saying that, there are some good ones out there, though I find them to be like gold dust.

Could you find someone you could talk to asap? Can you talk to friends or family about things? I realise from your reply on my thread that having a close friend to talk to may not be possible.

I'm not brilliant but as I said in the other thread I'll be around. :)

Spots and Stripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 05:25 AM   #3
fakesmiler

I am currently:

hey i was refered to them over 2years ago they offered me telephone counciling around a year ago until somebody could see me properly, i didnt want to do that would rather wait to a face to face thing, although thats guna be harder i think it would find it easier to build trust with a real kinda person than a fone call, i havnt hurd off them sinse, what I have hurd about them is they are extremely good at what they do, they may be better than what u have found MH professionals because they are soley based in sexual abuse, i just think it cant do any harm going on the waiting list ( it is long but like i said they are suppose to be very very good) you can always change your mind once you get there xx

' Your always going to have the hurt, you may as well use it'
'Writing can be a way of righting any wrongs that have been done to you'
'Scars tell a story of where u have been, but they dont have to dictate where u are going'

Missing you always Princess Kay xx

fakesmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #4
roiben
Insanity let loose

I am currently:

I am not sure of advice re New Pathways... but I know counselling can help you process thoughts and feelings that can be hard to pick apart otherwise. It helps if you can build up trust in the person you see.

Mostly, I wanted to post to say well done for making 4 weeks without going to a&e, hun *big congratualtory hugs and pom pom waving ensues*

Roiben x

If the Human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we wouldn't.

Emerson Pugh

My blog:
http://roiben-losttime.blogspot.com

roiben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009, 02:47 AM   #5
ella1
cant find the peace

I am currently:

thank you everyone for your kind replies! i'm scared that talking about it with these people may make things harder and bring it all back but i know it has to be done as it hasn't exactly gone away by itself. i just hope it's sooner rather than later and they are COMPLETELY different to the mh professionals i have seen thus far. thank you again, it has put my mind a little at ease. will try n keep you posted xxx

I'm NOT sick but i'm NOT well

Kija is my ryl twin xxx

ella1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009, 04:18 AM   #6
CaiteeBug
Why Be Normal? Paranormal Is More Fun!

I am currently:

Honestly Ella, talking about it will bring up unpleasant feelings and emotions. It's going to get rough before it gets better. If you stick with it and work hard, you will reap the rewards.

CaiteeBug is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)