RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-08-2021, 08:01 PM   #1
pringlemuncher11

How do you stay refocused in your work?

I've been working on a personal project, or at least have been trying to. And due to Covid I think I have the time now to make it a reality, but the problem is I feel too distracted, or even if I get one task completed in the puzzle, I take way too much time to get back on working on another task.

Sometimes I even call it a day which is making things very slow paced, so I wanted to know how you guys are staying refocused in your studies or working on something you need to put your personal hours in. Anything is appreciated.

I have also trying tried snapping here and there my mind off of everything to get things done, but I feel like it's not the healthiest way, I am also trying to get distractive things out of my way, but I feel like I need to be more self disciplined myself too as I still need to stay connected with the world. Have a great day.

pringlemuncher11 is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 30-08-2021, 04:50 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Hi there, it's nice to read that you have a project that you're keen to make a reality!

What did you mean by "snapping here and there my mind off"?

I would suggest breaking tasks down into smaller more manageable tasks and then set realistic targets for what can be completed in one morning/afternoon, with small rewards for when you get tasks completed. You could also look into an app blocker/productivity app which can block you from accessing distracting sites for a fixed length of time while you are trying to work.

Good luck!

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 05:44 AM   #3
pringlemuncher11

Hey thank you for reaching out! I've been trying a little harder haha.

And yes, I feel like I have a lot of things to work on recently and lots of responsibilities that I just can't put my mind into one of them properly.

But well I recently took the 16 types of personality test, and it was pretty interesting how the results said my type of personality could particularly be focused on bigger goals that consistency and breaking down tasks might be particularly hard for me.

So I think it'd make sense to really focus on that and just take one thing at a time with a routine. I hope that can help. Thank you again!

pringlemuncher11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 02:03 PM   #4
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Sounds like you've got a plan, great news! Well done for working out a way to move forward and I hope it goes well for you :)

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)