RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-08-2013, 05:26 AM   #1
metalgearsolid
tactical espionage, guys

I am currently:
therapists, bad self-esteem and poorly typed sentences ??

Okay, I'm not good at organizing what I'm trying to say but here goes...

I think it might be time for me to go about finding a therapist, but I'm not so sure I should or how to go about it. I have never, ever opened up to any personal feeling to anyone before, so it feels almost as if the feelings have poured in constantly and now it's starting to leak.

I'm scared and confused on how to start because I have no idea what's "wrong". Every time I heard about going to a therapist, it's for people who have actually gone through things like abuse or depression, and are way worse off than me, and I feel like I'm selfish and a whiner for ever thinking I should go to one.

I'm pretty negative and I feel anxiety alot and have reeeaaaalllllllyyyy low self esteem but I don't think it's depression. Ok don't know what to sayyy anymore because I can't think or word anything and I'm embarassed someone please help me before i go nuts

OMG I CANT ORGANIZE ANYTHING SORRY ITS SO SCATTERED I KEEP RETYPINGGGGG

metalgearsolid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 07:13 AM   #2
Stellata

Therapy can definitely help build up self esteem and relieve anxiety. :)
And it's good to get help before it ever might develop into something approaching depression.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
Kyaneos
Steph.

I am currently:

It sounds like you could benefit from some form of therapy and it is very common to feel your problems are nothing in comparison to other peoples. Just because you haven't been abused doesn't make your feelings any less real.

Id say the best way to go about this is to see your GP and go from there :)

Kyaneos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 01:35 AM   #4
metalgearsolid
tactical espionage, guys

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
Essentially, anyone who has life stresses or wants to change something about themselves can potentially benefit from therapy. There are a variety if different types and sometimes people have to try a variety of therapies and therapists to find what suits.

What country and you in?
I'm in the United States, Southern California...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyaneos View Post
Id say the best way to go about this is to see your GP and go from there :)
What is 'GP'?

Also, I've never suggested that anything was wrong in my life with my mom. She's one of those people who says 'It's just because you're teenager! It's no big deal!'... and she doesn't like any suggestion that I'm not 'normal'. Basically heterosexual and strictly religious, of which I'm neither; but she has absolutely no idea of either and I am entirely sure she'll disown me if she knows of any of this! She has made that clear.

I don't think I ever want to tell her about any of it (I'm leaving home for college and stuff in a year anyway), but if I had to talk to her about a therapist she'd know something was 'up' and I'm scared of how she'd react, because I KNOW she is not open to know who I really am. That is definitely a big hurdle that I don't know how to jump

Last edited by metalgearsolid : 21-08-2013 at 01:45 AM. Reason: uh
Old 21-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #5
metalgearsolid
tactical espionage, guys

I am currently:

The thing is she doesn't seem to care if I'm happy, what she wants me to be is 'normal', basically meaning she doesn't want me to embarrass her by being an odd one. She's really just not an open person, at all... Not to mention we are quiiite poor (I have to use public computers to be here haha), so she will consider it a waste of the little money we have. I was hoping there'd be a way to get through this without having to deal with her, but it seems that it isn't possible???

thats definitely a problem but i guess i can just try to wait the pain out until i'm an adult and she's not going to be able to hurt or bother me??? doesnt look like i have a choice haha

sorry for bothering

Old 21-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #6
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

Do you have counselors at school?

If not what about charities? Google may help if you google free counselling teenagers and your area

I found this - http://teenlineonline.org/youth-yell...es/counseling/

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)