RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-11-2023, 06:58 PM   #1
Pegasus71

I am currently:
Returning after many years

Was a member here with a different username for a few years around 2007.

I?m 52, I?ve self harmed on and off since I was 13.

So much has gone on in my life, particularly over the last few years I?ve found myself struggling a whole lot more.

I realised I was asexual when I was about 35. When I tried to open a conversation with my husband, the underlying emotional abuse which had always been part of our marriage escalated - to the point he?d go for up to a week not talking to me.

From the outside though of course we had a great marriage.

He died unexpectedly in 2020 and the abuse was something I came to really appreciate had happened, I?ve still not really started dealing with it, along with that was my sexuality. As a panromatic asexual that?s something which I?ve found even among the LGBTQIA+ community I often need to explain. Although to be fair I?ve found a group of amazing people through my workplace, and my friends and adult son have been amazing - it?s still something which I know can isolate me.

Being the age I am, in the midst of this I hit menopause, at one point I was barely able to do anything because of anxiety. While I?d always had peaking and dipping of depression and feeling great, this was completely new.

At the moment I?ve hit a point where I?m struggling with disordered (restrictive) eating, excessive exercising (at times) anxiety, depression a ridiculously stressful busy full time job, a difficult dog that I never expected to have on my own and self harm.

Just finding life really exhausting.

I did counselling after my husband died and I don?t find ?virtual/zoom? counselling useful, just more stressful. I spend all day in and out of Teams meetings.

Last night I skipped my meds which i?ve never done before, but I just couldn?t take them.

Sorry for the essay - needed to get it all down somewhere.

Pegasus71 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 17-11-2023, 07:45 PM   #2
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Welcome back. I'm sorry you're going through so much. It's quiet here these days but still good people around. You might want to post in one of the support boards. I hope you find it helpful being back. Take care.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2023, 10:02 PM   #3
Pegasus71

I am currently:

Thank you ❤️

Under any other circumstances, an exuberant Roman soldier would be my idea of a perfect morning. – Capt Jack Harkness – Torchwood

Capt.Jack: Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks, 'Ooo, this could be a little more sonic?'"
The Doctor: What, you've never been bored? Never had a long night? Never had a lot of cabinets to put up?

Pegasus71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)