Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-06-2022, 05:19 PM   #1
Eir
ignoring the cacophony

I am currently:
Am I actually ok?

I’m starting to wonder if I am alright.
I’m sleeping a bit less. Not heaps less, but enough to notice it.
I got another piercing. Just impulsively. A re-do of one I used to have. One day I saw they had a sale on the next so I woke up early to go get it done.
I also have made plans for a hook up (I’m single, but that’s really not like me, I usually want a relationship before sex)
I am and will be following the rules of safe/sane/consensual, as much as I can claim the sane bit.
I sorta know the guy. Haven’t seen him for years. The fact I sorta know him might be why I’m willing to hook up with him. He’s pushing all the right buttons in regards to what I like but I haven’t seen him in person since school. And that’s nearly 20 years ago.
I guess I’m tired of being alone. But this is looking to be a purely physical thing. Which I don’t currently mind. Which I feel should worry me but doesn’t.
I’m taking my meds. Mostly. I forget sometimes on the weekend. Here is the only place I can be honest about that. Usually when I go out and drink and dance some weekends.
I don’t know if it’s just a case of wanting my life back, to have fun again now I have weekends free.
I don’t know what I’m really asking. Im not hallucinating. Im not depressed. I don’t feel hyper. I just feel good, but a few things are a bit sus, you know?
Do I sound like the beginnings of mania?that would suck because it would mean the good feeling isn’t real.
I dunno. Maybe I’m just paranoid

...I try to outsmart him, but somehow he knows,
Wherever I am, that f***ing dog goes... - Dog, Andy Bull

No matter how bad things get, the true test is how we choose to respond to the pain we suffer, or inflict. - Amenadiel, Lucifer

Why is the path unclear,
When we know hope is near
Understand we'll go hand in hand, but we'll walk alone in fear
~~Margo is my penguin 🐧!!! ~~

Eir is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 22-06-2022, 11:35 AM   #2
Iamcatbug
Cat

What have been your warning signs in the past for a decline in your mental health? If these align with what has happened in the past I think you are right to be concerned.

Have you got access to medical/professional support that you can use now before it gets worse?

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2022, 02:59 PM   #3
Eir
ignoring the cacophony

I am currently:

I’ve been well for so long I don’t remember what warning signs of a high are.
I’ve had mixed and depressive episodes more recently which presented different to this
I’m a bit worried about the impulsivity. The sleep changes. The actual presence of a sex drive which I don’t usually have much of
I’m either finally out of my funk or headed up. I’m not sure I care which right now.
It’s not effecting my work so that’s good

...I try to outsmart him, but somehow he knows,
Wherever I am, that f***ing dog goes... - Dog, Andy Bull

No matter how bad things get, the true test is how we choose to respond to the pain we suffer, or inflict. - Amenadiel, Lucifer

Why is the path unclear,
When we know hope is near
Understand we'll go hand in hand, but we'll walk alone in fear
~~Margo is my penguin 🐧!!! ~~

Eir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2022, 06:51 PM   #4
Zurg
Evil Emperor

I am currently:

On one hand i obviously can't give you a definite answer. On the other hand, when you start worrying about whether something is a bit off, there's usually a good reason for that. What is your gut feeling on this??? I'd advise you to listen to that!! Even if your worries are only minor then what would be the harm in investigating further with someone who can give a more reliable opinion??

Zurg is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)