RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
Georgia1234
Georgia

I am currently:
Any advice on this is much appreciated

i think tht i am obese, everyone sees me that my ribs stick out and my shoulders, hips and u can grab my collar bones, but i dont see that, when i look in the mirror i see this obese person and its very upsetting, i think i need to lose weight, but whenever i lose weight i think that ive gottwn fatter so i think i need to lose more and more, i do lots of exercise, i dont eat much at all, but if i do eat then i throw it up again, should i be concerned seeing as it has been gping on for a while now and its getting worse or should i leave it?

Last edited by [Purple_Rain] : 23-04-2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: edited to remove numbers
Georgia1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #2
OutOfTheWoods11
I'll let you **** my soul, for a hit of that glow

I am currently:

Hello there,

I am sorry to say but this post is in the wrong section. Also, there are certain rules regarding the posting of numbers, as they can trigger certain people.

However, it sounds like you are suffering from a classic case of Body Image Dysmorphia, where you see things differently to how others perceive you.

OutOfTheWoods11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 02:23 PM   #3
Dreaming.
You are free.

I am currently:

Firstly - welcome to RYL! Now, a couple of things - this is in the wrong forum, this is in General Chat which, as it says on the tin, is general. General being not-triggering - you can PM a mod about getting it moved :) A trigger warning may be good, as what you're talking about may trigger a lot of people who are sensitive to eating disorder-type posts. Also, it's actually against the rules to post your BMI, as per new rules. Don't worry about it, you're new and we all make mistakes :) Just thought I'd highlight that now before anybody got hurt!

Now, about your post - Yes, you should be concerned about it. Have you any chance of going to see a doctor, or are you seeing anybody professionally about this? I find it hard to believe that you've got a BMI that low and are not being seen by anybody - the potential health risks of having a BMI that low are extraordinary. I hate to scare you, but going to see a doctor or a psychiatrist really sounds as though it could be good for you right now.

Take care.

Dreaming. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
[LittleMonster]
Kate.

I am currently:

You should be concerned about this. I would go to the drs if I were you to seek some professional help before you become really unwell
xx

[LittleMonster] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 06:04 PM   #5
muzzii
(They/he)

I am currently:

Like others have said, yes, this is definitely something you should be concerned about. I think it would be a really good idea for you to see a doctor it you can. Take care. xx

muzzii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #6
Left Phalange
Phillip, look at me, I'm a stamp!

I am currently:

So..if you can't 'see' that your hips and ribs and whatever stick out, how do you know it's what other people see? Why do you think there's a problem if you feel this way? You wouldn't. Really.

Or you know there's a problem, in which case we can't really help you, only a doctor can.

Or this is bull.

I'm gonna tap him like a maple tree. I'm gonna search him for some syrups. I'm gonna be having sex with him.

Left Phalange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #7
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

If you can 'grab your collar bones' as you so graphically put it, there is no way you look or are, obese. Go to the Dr and ask them for advice on weight, healthy eating and maybe take one of these concerned people with you.. I am sure they'd want to come if they are this worried.

MissAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 02:03 AM   #8
lalalovesyou

I am currently:

hey :) if your as skinny as it says you are you dont ever have to lose weight , honey your beautiful just the way you are. this problem is very bad and your bodies not getting the stuff it needs to work right, ur a wonderful person and i think you might need some help to see that you arn't fat. honey you need help and my adivice is to go to someone who will lissen to you and help you get over this stage in your life. if you ever just need someone to listen message me ill be there :)

Emma

lalalovesyou is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)