RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-02-2008, 09:32 AM   #1
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

6 years

On the 22nd of February it was the 6th anniversary of me entering the mental health service. And I'm still struggling.
Do any of you feel this way - that the mental health services are never a "quick fix" like going to the GP for a cold is?

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
Psychedelic Doodle Pop

Yep definitely!

It was worse on the wards watching people come and go. And then in adult services when suddenly everything is different. I don't know about you, but no one is willing to take me on in services because of my history.

How are you coping with the anniversary hun?

Old 24-02-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
Steel Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Rain View Post
Yep definitely!

It was worse on the wards watching people come and go. And then in adult services when suddenly everything is different. I don't know about you, but no one is willing to take me on in services because of my history.

How are you coping with the anniversary hun?
No-one wants to take you on based on your history? If you don't mind me asking, which aspect of your history don't they like? How can they do that?!

I'm not really coping that well, considering that the 21st (the day before) was the day I OD'ed. My Mum moaned about it all day yesterday, the 6 years.

Old 24-02-2008, 02:09 PM   #4
Psychedelic Doodle Pop

They can't find therapy for me because basically I'm too much work due to the Borderline clause and as Dan said I have a 'frequent high risk history'. Basically I've been relatively safe for the last couple of months, but before that I did a lot of stupid things very frequently, and people are scared if I start the treatment they say I need (psychotherapy) I'll go back to that, and because I've been in therapy so long, with so many diagnoses people look at that and bawlk. Anyway sorry to hijack your thread.

I know how it feels to go through anniversaries, and I have some idea of how much you've been through. I'm here for you if you want to talk. I believe in you. I always admired your strength to keep going (I remember you promising the nurses you'd get out soon and you did) and yeah. I know your current doctor is ****, but you can prove them wrong and do this. I think you need more support, I don't know about you but adult services have been a slap for me. Could you call the crises line and make a plan with them to keep going through the weekend. Also about medication, could you get a second opinion. you're entitled to one.

*hugs.*

Old 24-02-2008, 07:51 PM   #5
Steel Maiden

Quote:
They can't find therapy for me because basically I'm too much work due to the Borderline clause and as Dan said I have a 'frequent high risk history'. Basically I've been relatively safe for the last couple of months, but before that I did a lot of stupid things very frequently, and people are scared if I start the treatment they say I need (psychotherapy) I'll go back to that, and because I've been in therapy so long, with so many diagnoses people look at that and bawlk. Anyway sorry to hijack your thread.
That's not good on their part; I think that no patient should be too challenging. Are you getting any treatment? I can't understand why they panic and run away like a frightened rabbit.
Were you ever in that awful situation where you had to promise to a psychotherapist or doctor that you wouldn't self-harm/attempt suicide again, and you had to make a real pact that you wouldn't do it. And then when you did it again, the psych got really angry at you? I had that with Dr. Grant and its why he threatened to discharge me and never associate with me again if I did repeat Thursday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Rain
I know how it feels to go through anniversaries, and I have some idea of how much you've been through. I'm here for you if you want to talk. I believe in you. I always admired your strength to keep going (I remember you promising the nurses you'd get out soon and you did) and yeah. I know your current doctor is ****, but you can prove them wrong and do this. I think you need more support, I don't know about you but adult services have been a slap for me. Could you call the crises line and make a plan with them to keep going through the weekend. Also about medication, could you get a second opinion. you're entitled to one.

*hugs.*
Thank you for the admiration, it makes me feel better inside. I admire you for your resilience when you had **** happen to yourself, or you saw **** happening to someone else, and you wouldn't stand up for it and just let it happen. I was so happy for you when you complained to Aquarius Ward when they treated you badly. I didn't complain about certain things (like a violation of my rights as an under 18 year old) and I regret that. I haven't called the crisis line yet, but I think I may need to soon. I sound coherent and ok on this computer, but in reality, my mind is in turmoil and I can't see myself attending any of my lessons tomorrow. Dr. Grant keeps saying "do you want to change to quietapine?" and that translates as "do you want to feel extremely tired all day and turn into a zombie because quietapine is just like olanzepine?" AGH my brain is going to explode all over the walls and Dr. Grant is probably sitting back on the sofa watching TV with his feet up right now. When he gets notes about me from someone else, he flicks through them and chucks them into my file, never to be seen again. He doesn't give half a flying **** about me, and, I suppose, his other patients as well.

Old 24-02-2008, 08:06 PM   #6
Psychedelic Doodle Pop

Quetiapine isn't nearly as bad as olanzapine, so I'm told, and from what I've seen too. They're talking about trying a mood stabiliser on me next, and then possible an old antip. Meugh

Experiences, yuhuh *pms.*

Dr Grant sounds really shitty. I think you should ask for a different doctor and complain, he seems to have no clue what he's doing. If you likeI could come with you sometime and support you. Would you try a higher dose of abilify?

You could still complain now. You can say in reflection, or just write to them and let them know how you feel. I write to them regularly, and my Mum complained because Dan ignored her requests for me to have a blood test and then we found out they were really over the level.

Last edited by Psychedelic Doodle Pop : 24-02-2008 at 08:19 PM.
Old 24-02-2008, 08:57 PM   #7
craola
Clouds In My Coffee.

I am currently:

Roby is right, Quetiapine is far better than Olazapine. I couldn't do anything on that but im so much better on quetiapine. It might be worth trying and I agree your Dr sounds terrible, I would definetly get a new one if I was you.

craola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 10:39 PM   #8
Steel Maiden

Quote:
Quetiapine isn't nearly as bad as olanzapine, so I'm told, and from what I've seen too. They're talking about trying a mood stabiliser on me next, and then possible an old antip. Meugh

Experiences, yuhuh *pms.*

Dr Grant sounds really shitty. I think you should ask for a different doctor and complain, he seems to have no clue what he's doing. If you likeI could come with you sometime and support you. Would you try a higher dose of abilify?

You could still complain now. You can say in reflection, or just write to them and let them know how you feel. I write to them regularly, and my Mum complained because Dan ignored her requests for me to have a blood test and then we found out they were really over the level.

15mg is the highest dose for my weight. Perhaps the Amisulpride situation is repeating itself.... sigh I love Abilify for its lack of side-effects.

Old antipsychotic? Oh no, I hope it won't give you too many side-effects.

I would love for you to help me out. Dr. Grant is useless and if Dr. A, my old CAMHS doctor and therapist saw what he is doing right now to me, they would have a real go at him I think. Dr. A would file him for misconduct because she was very protective over me.

Euch I'm angry at Dan for how he treated you. He appeared to single out people whom he liked, and treated them really well, and the people he didn't like, he would just ignore or treat badly.

Old 24-02-2008, 11:49 PM   #9
x-dying-inside-x
*Dan*

I am currently:

ive been in mental health services for over 3years not and its done nothing for me at all.

i hope the new meds work for you.

" my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never, never leave you during your times of trials and suffering. When you see only one set of footprints it was then that I carried you" you were carried out of are lifes into the next and when its my time to leave this life I know i will be carried into the next life with you.
I wish i had my world complete again.
'Can we protend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars, i could really use a wish right now' BoB

x-dying-inside-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 12:55 AM   #10
Steel Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-dieing inside-x View Post
ive been in mental health services for over 3years not and its done nothing for me at all.

i hope the new meds work for you.
Sometimes I think how I would happily swap this for a physical illness which at least could be cured. Mental illness is so difficult to get rid of.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)