RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2008, 11:31 PM   #1
[pretty on the inside]

I am currently:
Going on Holiday - Would Appreciate Advice/Support

Right, in 16 days' time I'm going to Ibiza with 2 of my best mates, and I've been excited about it ever since we booked it, but as it nears the time I'm getting increasingly worried about it.

Firstly, I've optimistically bought a bikini and translucent cover-up, but there's no way I'm goin to be confident enough to wear it because at the moment I have to wear long, baggy t-shirts to hide my body because I can't stand it right now. I'd like to be able to go in the sea and sit by the pool like everyone else instead of having to cover up, and I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for this? I was thinking of maybe taking a baggy tshirt to wear instead of the cover-up and then I could still paddle and stuff but I can still hide a little bit.

Secondly, I'm going to struggle to eat. I don't think my friends will be getting anything healthy, and if I eat breakfast or lunch I will have to cover up all day because I hate how food looks inside me. I don't want to lack energy or pass out if we go out at night, but I can't really think of anything that will be a compromise. We're going self-catering so I could maybe buy something healthy when we get there?
At the moment my body doesn't really like being fed, and I get bloated all the time and get stomach-ache so I was wondering what kinds of food won't do that to me? I'm wondering if maybe I've developped an intolerance to something or other =\
I need non-bloaty food for dinner in case we go out in the evening, which brings me to my other concern...

I know my friends are going to want to go out drinking at night but recently I've been trying to avoid drinking because of the calories and because it doesn't take a lot to get me drunk, and I can get very depressed and irrational when I'm drunk. I'm scared I'll ruin their holiday like I messed up their prom =[

Advice very much appreciated xx

xKaylx

[pretty on the inside] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:10 AM   #2
the darkness inside me

I am currently:

i would advise eating something but only do what your comfortable with. try to have anice time though ok? dont let this ruin your time. wear what you want, dont let anyone tell you what to wear! i would still advise that you at least eat something though cuz like you said, you dont want to pass out. bring a safe food, might i recommend licorice? i have ED to and it is sometimes difficult but like i keep saying, try to eat and be comfortable with yourself okay? have agreat time! pm me if you need anything k?

R.I.P. Alexis (May 14, 2002)

the darkness inside me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:53 AM   #3
sparkle.
iwannabreakfree

I am currently:

hey hun,

sorry I'm not so sure what to say right now as I'm in a similar position and avoiding booking a holiday because of this...though I'd love to get away.
Ibiza is lovely! Have you been before? And going away with 2 of your best mates sounds brilliant :)

Do they know about how you are feeling? I'm sure if you talked to them they would understand and help you to pick healthy stuff when you get there - it's probably a good thing that you're self-catering so you can choose what you eat.

You won't ruin their holiday, try to focus on other things about the holiday - other than food and what you'll look like - I'm sure it'll be great. We'll all be thinking of you xxx

Happy girls are the prettiest girls

sparkle. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:16 AM   #4
Alone and Scared
*Roby and Allie's Angel!*

I am currently:

Could you try talking to them in advance just to let them know your concerns, they might be able to help you feel a little more settled?

As for what to wear, if you wear a baggy top, I'm sure it will be fine, I mean you could put your cossy on underneath and you never know, you might find you feel able to take it off and you might not, but at least you will have the choice.

If you eat little and often, it won't actually make that much difference to you, in the way you look, if you get me? It will also mean that hopefully your energy won't be lacking as it will be getting a top up.

As for drinking, you don't need to get hammered hun, so don't worry, because if you don't want to drink and drink you can have another drink - soft drink.

Try to ease up on the control a tiny bit for your holiday, it is going to be a bit stressful - any holiday is!! However, you deserve to have a nice time sweetie. *Big hugs* xxxxx

-“And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom.” Anais Nin-

Allie, Mutt, Great Grandma, Hope and Humbug. I love you and miss you all. xx
Love you Caz, Kel, Roby &&Dasher. xx

Alone and Scared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:07 AM   #5
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

The girls have given great advice, so I can't really add much more. But I'm going on holiady in a week, so I know exactly how you feel.
Be strong & try to enjoy your holiday, don't let your ED ruien it.
I love you :hug:
xxxxx

EyelinerAndCigarettes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:29 PM   #6
Love_Life
La vie est belle!!

I am currently:

I'm sorry I have no advice right now, I just wanted to let you know that I am in the same postition. Next month I'm going to Magaluf with my brother and his girlfriend. It will be the first time I have been away without my parents since even getting anorexia and I am terrifed. I'm recovering yet I am still very anxious. We're going there for a few days to see DJ Tiesto live. Which means, nightclubs...drink...food... calories. That scares me and makes me panic! I just wanted to let you know you are not alone in feeling the those feelings.

As I was walking up the stairs, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.

Anorexia is the murderer trying to kill you;
Food is your friend trying to save you.

www.myspace.com/shlivvy

Love_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:11 PM   #7
jikleboy

I am currently:

i dont really have advice for you(sorry) but im sure you look great in a bikini. :)
just try and have as much fun as you can and (i know this is hard) but try not to think about how other people see you, just think about having fun.:)
sorry if i dont help very much.
:) i hope you really have a nice time

Last edited by jikleboy : 10-06-2008 at 10:12 PM. Reason: spelling mistake!(wouldnt make sense without correction)
jikleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:47 PM   #8
x-dying-inside-x
*Dan*

I am currently:

i cant really add to what everone else has said.
if you wanna talk anytime pm me.
i hope you have a fab time.

" my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never, never leave you during your times of trials and suffering. When you see only one set of footprints it was then that I carried you" you were carried out of are lifes into the next and when its my time to leave this life I know i will be carried into the next life with you.
I wish i had my world complete again.
'Can we protend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars, i could really use a wish right now' BoB

x-dying-inside-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)