RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-04-2017, 10:27 PM   #1
blue_kk
xxxx .... kay kay .... xxxx

I am currently:
Positive recovery post - 9 years free❤👍😊 a piece of writing reviews appreciated

Today I am 9 years sh free my mind is split to be proud or not. I know I should not of done it in the first place but at the time it was my only answer. Now I have scars some have faded but I know where they lie , each one has their on story and reason which I'd like to forget. I have told some people about it but I'm not ready to tell others just yet. Im not perfect I never will be I'm not fully healed yet, but one a things changed i no longer physically harm myself. i may be free physically but not mentally, sometimes i loss my mind and it will come back to me the urge and the thoughts i want to move on and be fully free from everything but right now I am struggling to overcome this hurdle. I've learned its ok to not be ok and to have mental health issues. I've learned I'm not alone In this battle and have people who want to help. I just need to learn to open up and let them in put my guard down a little. There's a lot more to self harm than just hurting your self, its an addiction and slowly becomes a way of coping with every day struggles. Slowly I'm finding the real me again, there's still parts of me I dont like but I'll get there in the end. There's still a long road ahead and recovery takes a long time and there's always a few slip ups until you can be fully free and 100% recovered from your addiction but I'm sure I'll get there. I may still have problems in my head and have really low days for no obvious reason but at least I can say I didn't need to hurt My self to get through the day. Now I want to move on , better my self become more confident and face any issues that appear. My scars are a reminder of my past but also my future, they remind me of how far I have came and how strong I've become. Just like My butterfly tattoo reminds me to always believe in my self.

Last edited by blue_kk : 30-04-2017 at 12:59 PM.

together we can beat this
stay strong
im just a pm away
16years
xxxx :)

blue_kk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 09:38 PM   #2
Sketchy

I am currently:

Nine years free is excellent. Thank you for sharing with us.
I'm sorry you still struggle, but it sounds like you have people around you to listen. You have clearly worked so hard to achieve your 9 years and I wish you continued success.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2017, 01:49 PM   #3
Epicene

I am currently:

Although I appreciate you still have struggles, it is amazing that you are nine years free. I am really inspired by your story, and it gives me hope that recovery from self harm is possible. Good luck to you.

Epicene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 11:42 PM   #4
blue_kk
xxxx .... kay kay .... xxxx

I am currently:

Thanks , its only now and then it will come to my head or when I'm having a really bad day , saying that I have opened up to some family and friends who are trying to help I'm also on a list waiting to see a therapist as I am now ready to try and talk about the past and deal with it all the right way thanks again the support is appreciated xx

Always here to listen

together we can beat this
stay strong
im just a pm away
16years
xxxx :)

blue_kk is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)