RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2007, 04:36 PM   #1
-Tough-Cookie-
Life is a contradiction at times - as am I

I am currently:
Am i going mad?

Well yeah i've always been slightly odd but now i'm thinking i'v totaly lost it.

On occasion (ATLEAST daily) i think i see things right in the corner of my vision.. i always jump thinking its a creepy crawly <eek> but then when i look properly theres nothing there.

I had my eyes tested recently so i know its not anythign like that....

When i said outloud to some just now 'i keep seeing something outa the corner of my eye' i realised how crazy i sounded.

It use to happen before my ED (when my ED is in remission my OCD and depression tend to get worse) and i'm trying so hard to recover from my ED now and ere it is returning.

Am i just weird?
<yes kelly>

“Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.”
----
----

-Tough-Cookie- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:38 PM   #2
inkyspider
Dark and twisty

I am currently:

I don't think you're going mad.
I sometimes get that.
People sometimes get little black spot in front of their eyes (not from being faint or anything but as part of their vision field) so maybe that's what you're seeing?
On a more silly note i sometimes see me hair out of the corner of my eye and think it's something.

The world is an interesting place when everyone you know has their own realities

Our scars remind us that the past is real

inkyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:43 PM   #3
lostdoll

I see things out of the corner out of the corner of my eye which just aren't happening. Like I think someone's looking at me and they aren't, or that they're doing something strange when they aren't.

The eyes play tricks on us. Try not to think about it too much. Maybe if you're more anxious than usual the problem could be magnified slightly? *no expert, going to shush*

lostdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:15 PM   #4
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

I get that sometimes. Try not to worry about it too much, because lostdoll said, it's probably just your eyes playing tricks on you. If it gets worse, or you're still concerned then perhaps go to the doctors?

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:19 PM   #5
craola
Clouds In My Coffee.

I am currently:

I get it to Kel, quite a lot acutally.
Try not to worry, I know its annoying but I dont think you need to worry. As Sarah said though if you're concerned go to the doctors.

craola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:23 PM   #6
Paperdreams.
..honey.

*Agrees with everyone else*. I'm always seeing things out of the corner of my eye, then when I look properly there's nothing there. And as Eimear said, I'm convinved people are looking at me, but they're actually not. So you're not alone!
If the problem does get worse though, it might be worth just going to your opticians or doctors for a quick check-up. :)

"When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.”

Paperdreams. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:02 PM   #7
-Tough-Cookie-
Life is a contradiction at times - as am I

I am currently:

thanks so much guys, feel much better now :)

“Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.”
----
----

-Tough-Cookie- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:39 AM   #8
*&& She's Just Forgotten
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off! (hmm)

I am currently:

*i agree* . No you're not going mad. Although i wouldn't know what this could be. I used to get this an awwwful lot. I still get it every now and again. Like a spider skimming across the wall, or something just to my side.Just things like that. I never went to see anyone about it because i just thought it was due to axiousnees or something to do with that area of things. But you are most deffinatly not alone on this.And you are certainly not going mad.

Much Love... Caz x

Last edited by *&& She's Just Forgotten : 04-06-2007 at 01:01 AM.

It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight...

*&& She's Just Forgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:18 AM   #9
Cupcake
George

I am currently:

i've been getting that recently too. i keep thinking my dog is walking around, but when i look theres nothing. and with other stuff too. by the sounds of it, most people do it, so i don't think theres anything to worry about.

Where can you run to escape from yourself?

Cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:14 AM   #10
Starless

I am currently:

Yes, I get that sometimes too. I also get the random black spots in my vision also. I think it's a pretty normal thing. I know someone who has floaters in her eyes, and sees little specs of things all the time. I wouldn't be too concerned.

Some of us fall by the wayside
Some of us soar to the stars
Some of us sail through our troubles
And
some have to live with
the scars

Starless is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)