RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-11-2023, 08:36 PM   #1
ShawnaW

I am currently:
Graphic - SOS

My life is so busy right now, and I legit feel like I'm drowning. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm just so tired of battling anxiety and depression and suicide and self-harm and whatever else comes with it. I've been on the 988 chat 8 times today for self harm thoughts or actions. I just... I want to quit and I don't know what to do. I just don't care anymore.

Last edited by ShawnaW : 28-11-2023 at 08:37 PM. Reason: more to say
ShawnaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2023, 08:53 PM   #2
ShawnaW

I am currently:
I Quit

I'm going to be honest here, I don't care about life anymore. I quit. Nothing helps and it's been like this for 3 weeks now. I seriously can't and don't want to keep going. I don't care. It's not really like anyone would care what happens. I don't know how yet but I'm really done. Unless my life gets easier.

Last edited by Pi.R^2 : 02-12-2023 at 04:29 PM.
Old 28-11-2023, 09:07 PM   #3
tamobhuuta

What was life like before the last three weeks? What's going on now?

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2023, 10:12 PM   #4
Auror.
Camden

guessing with the mention of 988 that you're in the US? so there's not a ton of americans on this site, so most of the UK folks are likely to be heading to bed so responses are going to be slow. responses on ryl these days are slow in general.

we are all just individuals who also struggle. we aren't trained professionals, and we really aren't a good option if you need in the moment, quick, crisis support. not trying to discourage you from posting, just to say that your expectations might not match up with how RYL works.

there is a sister site linked somewhere, TGL, that I believe might still have a chat option but it's going to be similar in that still just individuals who are also struggling and not trained professionals or able to necessarily offer crisis support.

it sounds like you care very much if you're trying that hard to reach out and get support. what type of irl support do you have? do you have access to a therapist or psychiatrist, or even a medical human you can go to who can support you with some of this stuff?

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2023, 01:49 PM   #5
ShawnaW

I am currently:

Yeah I am in the US. And I'm fully aware that this in't professional support. But I don't want professional support. I'm on here because I kind of just need to know that I'm not alone. I know I'm not but it feels like I am. And I just I don't know...

Old 29-11-2023, 03:12 PM   #6
ShawnaW

I am currently:
Snapshot of my life

1. I'm being harassed and bullied at school both verbally and physically. When I went to the admin they told me there was nothing they could do.

2. Last month my Boyfriend took me out on a date and we ended up having sex. Even though we didn't use protection I thought I would be fine because I'm on the pill. However, I found out that I forgot to take the pill for that week because of the amount of other stuff in my life. Now I think I might actually be pregnant because I'm 3 weeks late and I'm never late. And I'm scared to take a test to find out because I don't know what to do and I don't want to tell my parents. But to make things worst last week I was supposed to go out with my boyfriend and best-friend but when I came out of my house and found them making out in the front seat of his car. So basically, my boyfriend is cheating on me. We have been together for 2 years and best friends for 3 before that.

3. I got into a heated fight with my best and only other friend. And when I went to try and fix it, she told me to go and kill myself so now she hates me.

4. My brother and parents keep getting into fights because he thinks he can do what he wants as he is now 18. This is affecting me mentally because I was adopted and therefore was in foster for 3 years. In foster there was a lot of constant fighting. So it's bringing up a lot of memories.

5. Due to the stress i'm under I have gone from a straight A student to a straight C student. Which as a senior in high school, means that I have been denied by 4 colleges so far.

There is a lot more in my life happening but u can probably get the overall of it from this information.

Old 29-11-2023, 04:34 PM   #7
Auror.
Camden

That's fair. We just want to make sure you also understand that responses on here aren't necessarily quick, especially because you're in a different time zone as the majority of users and the boards are slow in general. So we just want to make sure you understand that this isn't a good crisis option and won't come with immediate responses.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)