RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
Defender Of The Faith

I am currently:
Don't know how much longer I can hold on

A few months ago I moved out, I was on housing benefits, looking for work. I found a music course, applied, got on it. Lost my benefits, lost my home, had to move back in with my mum. Gave up everything to be able to do it.
Found out yesterday the course has lost its funding. I don't get a qualification out of it. So I gave up everything for no reason. Also found out yesterday that my dad has lost his job. So four of us now have to live on £60 a week... No wonder really, that my mum wants me to move out again...
I can't do it... I can't move out, I can't keep fighting, every time I try to make something of myself, to do something right, everything just... Falls to pieces again... I am so close to giving up and I just... Don't know how to fight anymore..

Sorry for taking up space... Not... Really sure what I'm looking for in posting this... Sorry...

Defender Of The Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 07-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Oh no, that's an awful situation :(
What was the course? Could you transfer to a different course?

Will your dad get income support, now that he's lost his job? Maybe that will help with the family finances a bit.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
Defender Of The Faith

I am currently:

No, it was a course run by a charity, music tech and vocals... I've never found anything else like it...
And my dad will be getting income support of £60 a week. For 4 of us. My parents are goonna be using my savings and stuff for a while, so... They should let me stay while they're planning on using that, right?... Guess I just... Gotta find a job... Like I haven't been doing that for the last year anyway...

Old 08-06-2011, 05:09 PM   #4
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Ugh, that's rubbish. Can you get jobseekers' whilst you're looking for work? And your mum too?

What sort of work are you looking for?

Old 08-06-2011, 10:32 PM   #5
Defender Of The Faith

I am currently:

Any work. The course is gonna last for another month, in that time I can build up experience that will help me get into the music industry, recording and writing and such. We're also gonna try and organise a benefit, to try and raise enough money to fund the rest of the course, so we can get the qualifications... But Idk if we'll be able to do it in time, or if we'll be able to raise enough money... My mum can't get jobseekers, something to do with her not having enough national insurance contributions... She has tried, but... I think her and my dad are both looking for a full time job, and looking into tax credits and stuff...
I just feel tired,you know? I feel like... Whenever stuff starts to go right, something completely destroys everything... So... What's the point?...

Old 09-06-2011, 01:19 AM   #6
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

You are in a really unfortunate situation, but remember that things can always get better. It sounds like you're taking all the right steps towards making your self employable.

Ohh, I thought anyone could get jobseekers. *is concerned*. Is there like a citizens advice bureau near you? They could help you to find out about tax credits etc and any other money that you might be entitled to.

And good luck with the fundraising; I really hope you are able to get to do the rest of the course!

Old 09-06-2011, 04:24 AM   #7
Defender Of The Faith

I am currently:

My dad's looking into the tax credits and stuff, I'm not entitled to anything like that... I'm not entitled to anything at all...
I'd like to believe that it will get better, I really do, but... I just can't make myself believe it... I just... Want to give up, want to stop fighting...

Old 09-06-2011, 09:59 PM   #8
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Do you have any professional help for this?
And I know it's hard to believe when you're having a hard time; I think you just have to have faith and get hope from others: things can get better.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #9
Defender Of The Faith

I am currently:

No, my councilling was another thing I had to give up to make time for this course...

Old 10-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #10
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

oh no, that's rubbish. Could you go to see your doctor to try to get re-referred?
Before you gave it up, did you find counselling helpful?

Old 12-06-2011, 12:08 AM   #11
Defender Of The Faith

I am currently:

Idk, we mostly just talked about random crap like music... She never really talked to me about stuff that was going on... And I don't want to go back to my doctor, I think he thinks it's all just for attention...
I'm so f***ing tired...

Old 12-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #12
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Ugh, it sucks when you feel doctors think that. It might not be true though! But if you're worried, what about making an appointment to see a different doctor?

Old 13-06-2011, 05:41 AM   #13
I Miss You
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

kirsty...

it hurts me to hear you say and talk like this...you mean sooo much to me...there are now words

if you were to kill yourself..it would DEVASTATE me..u are one of the closest freinds that i have here..

you dont have to go through this alone hunny..everyone here loves you..and so do i...

im begging you...dont take your life..i need you here

Drew

I Miss You is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)