RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24-09-2024, 11:28 AM   #161
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day
 
one_step_closer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Scotland

Well done for doing that. I'm glad you have spoken up for yourself and let how you're feeling be known. Sorry K wasn't so useful though.





I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.


one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2024, 10:25 PM   #162
Ahimsa
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I am currently:

At least I have therapy tomorrow!!



if you think you know me in real life, no you don't.

Ahimsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2024, 03:19 AM   #163
Auror.
Camden
 
Auror.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA

we hope they can help figure something else for you. what a shit show these humans are being who are supposed to support you.



Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.


You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.


Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2024, 01:18 PM   #164
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day
 
one_step_closer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Scotland

How are you getting on with therapy?





I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.


one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2024, 08:55 PM   #165
Ahimsa
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I am currently:

Tonight session was really validating even though I cried through a lot of it.



if you think you know me in real life, no you don't.

Ahimsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2024, 10:56 AM   #166
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day
 
one_step_closer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Scotland

*hugs if ok* Sounds quite intense but I am glad you felt validated.





I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.


one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2024, 05:00 PM   #167
Auror.
Camden
 
Auror.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA

really glad it was helpful and you got that time and support. v much hope you had time to rest after. thinking of you.



Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.


You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.


Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 06:37 PM   #168
Ahimsa
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I am currently:

Tomorrow is the plea hearing, I don't have to go - but I'll know whether I'm going to have to go to court and give my evidence and go through it all again depending on how he pleads.



if you think you know me in real life, no you don't.

Ahimsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 06:39 PM   #169
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day
 
one_step_closer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Scotland

You must be having lots of different feelings right now. Do you want to talk about them or anything else? Waiting for things as serious as this is really hard. Are you managing to look after yourself? Will you be at work tomorrow?





I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.


one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 06:50 PM   #170
Ahimsa
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I am currently:

Yeah, I'll be at work tomorrow. It's distraction at the very least.

I've been able to arrange a therapy appointment for tomorrow evening, which is good.



if you think you know me in real life, no you don't.

Ahimsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 07:10 PM   #171
Cacoethes
90's B*tch
 
Cacoethes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hyrule
I am currently:

Sending much love beth <3



I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!


Who else is fine?!?!?


Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 09:54 PM   #172
Ahimsa
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I am currently:

I'm not expecting him to plead guilty. He hasn't the whole time.

But I also wasn't expecting the CPS to say yes. I wasn't expecting it to get to court, because everything has been so difficult to get this far in the first place. If I don't expect, I won't be disappointed.

What I'm worried about, is that tomorrow I'll find out if any of the support we've applied for, for my own mental wellbeing, to maybe give my evidence via video, either live or pre recorded, to be able to do it in my city and not 100 miles away (where it happened), to not have to see him, to not have to be in the room with him, to have my ISVA who's supported me for 3 years - I'll find out if any of this support has been accepted or if the court say no to it.



if you think you know me in real life, no you don't.

Ahimsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 01:32 AM   #173
Auror.
Camden
 
Auror.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA

uncertainty is the worst. hopefully at least this gives you some answers on what will happen next whether for good or bad. will be thinking of you tomorrow.



Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.


You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.


Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 12:49 PM   #174
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day
 
one_step_closer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Scotland

I really hope things go in your favour, Beth. Thinking of you.





I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.


one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 01:49 PM   #175
Ahimsa
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I am currently:

I was initially told it was at 10:15 - but I've had an email this morning to say it's actually 2:15pm.



if you think you know me in real life, no you don't.

Ahimsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 02:28 PM   #176
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day
 
one_step_closer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Scotland

That's not so good. How long before you know the outcome?





I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.


one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 04:55 PM   #177
Ahimsa
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I am currently:

I know now.



if you think you know me in real life, no you don't.

Ahimsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 05:41 PM   #178
Auror.
Camden
 
Auror.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA

here for you, regardless of what happened <3



Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.


You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.


Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 06:18 PM   #179
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day
 
one_step_closer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Scotland

I hope you are ok. We are here if you need support.





I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.


one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 09:35 PM   #180
Ahimsa
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I am currently:

I read the first post of this thread aloud during therapy tonight. It's the first time I've been able to say the word.

-------------------------------------------------------

-He pleaded not guilty. As expected.
-They've said yes to me giving my evidence by video and for this to be pre-recorded.
-They've said no to this being in my city, and I have a 100 mile round trip to do it. (the city it happened in) - As a result, I also lose my ISVA (who's supported me for 3 years) as they can't go in a court in another region. I'll get assigned someone new, most likely on the day.
- My police officer is off til the 12th October still.
- The day they've given, is the day after the anniversary of losing my Grandad. I was with THE PERSON when I lost him, and the whole point of the trip where the assault happened, was it was over my Grandad's birthday.
I said I couldn't give ANY availability or days I couldn't do, until I at least knew what city it would be in.

I am asking for that date to be changed. Being on that day - It means a jury can turn round and say my emotions are because of grief and not the impact of the thing. (And obvs cos I was staying with him when Grandpa passed, and the purpose of the trip in 2018 was over Grandpas birthday for that reason- I can't not mention it). And therefore if they say it's grief overshadowing it and having an impact, not the thing - this has potential to discredit it.

I need to speak to my officer when she's back off annual leave in a few weeks about all this.



if you think you know me in real life, no you don't.

Ahimsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is OFF
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:02 PM.