RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2008, 07:46 PM   #1521
Useless Information 101
We're all in this together :)
 
Useless Information 101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: PA, USA
I am currently:

Yeah, I was really excited about the third Mummy because I loved the first two when I was younger. It made me think that I wanted to be an archeologist when I grew up.
But rt gave it like a 9%.....
any chance theyre wrong?




Dream.


Useless Information 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 07:51 PM   #1522
Belt
Nerd
 
Belt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Belfast
I am currently:

My instinct says no. I loved The Mummys (Lol) but look, it's so obvious it's somebody just trying to cash in on a previously successful idea. The fact they couldn't get some actors and actresses to play their original role is a bad sign.



"Robyn, so many people care about you.
You know that."


Belt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 08:42 PM   #1523
KrissyInterupted
Uk
 
KrissyInterupted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008

i just looked at the trainer for leon and the orphanage - it wasnt even in englishh! is the film in spanishh too?

and leon didnt look like my sort or film :(


i really want sumet to buyy. i own like over 500 dvds, i love them.

just watched defnatley maybee that was good :)

KrissyInterupted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 03:50 AM   #1524
Useless Information 101
We're all in this together :)
 
Useless Information 101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: PA, USA
I am currently:

Boo for cashing in. I swear thats what they did with the fourth indiana jones just because of the absurd storyline and the outrageous stunts :/ i so tried to make myself like it haha.

And The Orphanage is in spanish with english subtitles. I dont know if there is a dubbing option. You shouldnt let that put you off it though, its a good film.
And I cant speak for leon because I havent gotten around to watching it yet.




Dream.


Useless Information 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 09:00 PM   #1525
charcoal feathers
 
charcoal feathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wiltshire UK
I am currently:

^^
ew, dubbed should not even be an option.
But like they said, it has English subs, or are you one of those, who wont watch a film if it has subtitles, because if you are, you're missing out on some good cinema.

Leon is amazing. Simple.
Watch it, even if it doesn't seem like the type of movie you'll like, it might surprise you.



It's so easy to get lost in constantly having to present
whatever face you believe a person wants to see rather than your own



charcoal feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 09:41 PM   #1526
Useless Information 101
We're all in this together :)
 
Useless Information 101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: PA, USA
I am currently:

Oh I hate dubbing. Some of my favorite movies will finally play on tv, but theyll be horribly dubbed with these fake accented voices.
I only watch certain animated films dubbed.




Dream.


Useless Information 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2008, 09:02 PM   #1527
howlie,
allons y
 
howlie,'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Coventry
I am currently:

Howls moving castle is suprisingly well dubbed actually.
Altho i wouldnt have minded subtitles in the end, because hte story of the film is so far removed from that of the book.



you and i are going to have a love affair
and it won't work out but somewhere in the middle
god knows we tried



howlie, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2008, 09:06 PM   #1528
Devil Girl
 
Devil Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Scotland
I am currently:

I love Howls Moving Castle! Really want to read the book though!



You made up your mind to torture mine!
If you read a scar like a book, you will relise the story in which you over look
red ribbons were weaving
upon the young girls skin.
a trail of red weaved deep,
caused by pain from within


Devil Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2008, 09:26 PM   #1529
charcoal feathers
 
charcoal feathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wiltshire UK
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...howl View Post
Howls moving castle is suprisingly well dubbed actually.
Altho i wouldnt have minded subtitles in the end, because hte story of the film is so far removed from that of the book.
Anime dubbing is different and most are actually fine. I've watched all the studio ghibli movies and most of the other anime series/movies i own dubbed and subbed.

but movies(that aren't anime), really shouldn't be dubbed. They're awful.



It's so easy to get lost in constantly having to present
whatever face you believe a person wants to see rather than your own



charcoal feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 03:37 AM   #1530
Useless Information 101
We're all in this together :)
 
Useless Information 101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: PA, USA
I am currently:

Yeah exactly. The Studio Ghibli films are dubbed well, although the first versions of nausicaa and totoro were reportedly bad, I think I read somewhere.

But ugh, I tried sitting through House of Flying Daggers dubbed and it was just horrible. It really ruined the mood of the story.




Dream.


Useless Information 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 04:41 PM   #1531
howlie,
allons y
 
howlie,'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Coventry
I am currently:

I did watch some really abdly dubbed film with jackie chan in it once, wasnt a great film to begin with
but in the end you just had to not look too closely.

Speaking of dubbing, has anyone else noticed how poor the dubbing on the new impulse advert is?



you and i are going to have a love affair
and it won't work out but somewhere in the middle
god knows we tried



howlie, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #1532
Belt
Nerd
 
Belt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Belfast
I am currently:

Dubbing is bad.

I watched Oldboy yesterday. Wow.



"Robyn, so many people care about you.
You know that."


Belt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 10:53 PM   #1533
Spoons
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UK
I am currently:

oldboy is amazing, as is sympathy for mr vengance. I havent however watched lady vengance yet (i think that is the title anyway)



We are not our failures...


Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2008, 05:24 PM   #1534
whatkindoflife
‡ Calm Envy ‡
 
whatkindoflife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
I am currently:

Errrr watched about a million films today/yesterday:
Kung fu panda - Was funny, wu shu finger hold was immense :P
Miama Vice - Meh was alright, nothing special
Street Kings - Same as above, was watchable
Iron Man - Was pretty good, the suit and everything looked cool and story was good
88 Minutes - Confusing, then again i did watch it after being awake for like a day... seemed quite good.
Deception - Was alright, the dude who plays wolverine in xmen was cool :P
The Bank Job - Thought it was good, kinda cool film about a bank robery and goverment peoples trying to fix things their way





whatkindoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 01:54 AM   #1535
Dreaming.
You are free.
 
Dreaming.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England.
I am currently:

Owhh! I really want to watch The Orphanage. It's so expensive on amazon still, though >.<
Deffo buying it when it gets cheaper, though.

I need new films. I'm bored of my older ones.
But nothing chick-flicky and cheesy, ew.
x

Dreaming. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 12:21 AM   #1536
linder surprise
vs. elvis.
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I am currently:

saw hellboy in cinema this morning. average average.



take what you love
burn it down.


linder surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 08:09 PM   #1537
howlie,
allons y
 
howlie,'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Coventry
I am currently:

Dosent appeal to me
I got taken to see the dark night again
its less scary with vodka



you and i are going to have a love affair
and it won't work out but somewhere in the middle
god knows we tried



howlie, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #1538
Devil Girl
 
Devil Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Scotland
I am currently:

I need to watch a film soon, cause I am just watching Charmed at the moment, but no proper films....Wonder if there is a good film on tv tonight...



You made up your mind to torture mine!
If you read a scar like a book, you will relise the story in which you over look
red ribbons were weaving
upon the young girls skin.
a trail of red weaved deep,
caused by pain from within


Devil Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2008, 09:21 PM   #1539
howlie,
allons y
 
howlie,'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Coventry
I am currently:

finding neveralnd was on earlier



you and i are going to have a love affair
and it won't work out but somewhere in the middle
god knows we tried



howlie, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2008, 09:23 PM   #1540
Devil Girl
 
Devil Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Scotland
I am currently:

I have that on dvd actually...watching charmed again!



You made up your mind to torture mine!
If you read a scar like a book, you will relise the story in which you over look
red ribbons were weaving
upon the young girls skin.
a trail of red weaved deep,
caused by pain from within


Devil Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 6 (0 members and 6 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:52 PM.