RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14-12-2008, 03:19 PM   #121
The Stolen One
Caz
 
The Stolen One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Manchester =]
I am currently:

okay, i've admittidly only read to end of page 4 so far, but i wanted to comment before i have to run off for an hour

Aimee, it's a really good post! it made me smile for at least the first 2 pages :P

and about reporting, i've done a few, and i got a PM back which were all really nice, even though wrongly reported i didn't feel bad or silly (well not for too long >.<) which i really apprechiated :)

*will read rest when i return*


edit: read rest, i've never heard of a post report leaked, and seeing as it's happend once, i'm sure all the mods are keen that it never happens again :)


Last edited by The Stolen One : 14-12-2008 at 04:08 PM.


There will always be a happy ending. If its not happy then its not yet the end.
Spongebob


The Stolen One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 06:20 PM   #122
Day Tripper
shannon
 
Day Tripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Yer, I've also heard of this happening recently - on more than one occasion. Similarly have come across people whose post/chat log was reported managing to get it out of the mods who reported them. Can't recall details now, but it strikes me that this kind of information should be kept completely confidential. In future I'd be encouraging people who discover leaks to report it to a senior mod.

This is concerning. If you recall anything, let me or typsee know (I need to know about chat leaks, not necessarily forum ones), yes?
No names should be given. It should be kept confidential, unless on the occasion where someone decides to announce "I'm reporting you" in chat/on a thread.

I know I've had incidences where I have been sent a log, and action taken on the log, and the person who action was taken against has attempted to guess who the reporter was. Not that they were right, but they had their assumptions, and **** knows what they did with them. :|

Day Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 09:45 PM   #123
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.
 
Casper_Fading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over there and to the left
I am currently:

*is too lazy to read all 7 pages* but just want to say, great post sweetness! ^_^



"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."


- Dr. Seuss


Casper_Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 12:59 AM   #124
typsee
....
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I am currently:

On the issue of the confidentiality of post reports ...

The mods regard keeping confidential the identity of the members who send us post reports, as EXTREMELY important ... and if anyone hears that there has been leakage of this sort of information, then I definitely want to hear about it!

In all of my time as a Head Forum Mod at RYL, I've only received one complaint about a forum moderator leaking the identity of a member who sent us a post report, and in that situation, there were extenuating circumstances which are not appropriate to go into publically, and the situation was sorted out so that it wont happen again.

The reason we regard the issue of post report confidentiality so highly, is that
this post report system just WONT WORK if members feel that they cant trust the mods to keep their identity confidential if they send us a post report .... and truthfully speaking, the mods do need your help in keeping this community safe, as RYL is a HUGE website, and a team of only 13 forum mods cant be everywhere at once!

So please keep your eyes peeled during your travels around the RYL website, and if you see a thread, post, avatar, sig etc that you think breaks the RYL Rules or that needs a mods' attention for some other reason, then RATHER than responding to it in the following ways, by -

a) ignoring it
b) ignoring it ... but then whinging about this sort of behaviour further on down the track
c) giving the member/s responsible a piece of your mind
d) retalliating against the member/s responsible

.... INSTEAD of doing those things, have a look for that little
button that is visible underneath every members' RYL avatar ..... click on it .... write a bit of a description about what you think needs the mods attention and why ... and then click on the "send report" link ... and that's it! You've sent a post report to the mods!

And if you want to report a member's avatar, or a signature, just click on the "report" button underneath that member's avatar, and then let the mods know in your post report description, that you are reporting the avatar/sig and NOT the thread ... and also WHY you are reporting it.

No RYL member will get in trouble for sending the mods a genuine post report, even if it ends up that the mods eventually choose NOT to take any action on yourt report.

These post reports are VERY helpful for the mods, and they also give us an idea about what sorts of threads/posts that the community members have problems with ... so even if you think someone else has already sent the post report, it cant hurt to send another one and let the mods know that you also have objections to the post/thread.

Thanks guys!

typsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 01:04 AM   #125
Heidi Tiger
Loon NOS
 
Heidi Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nottingham
I am currently:

Just a question regarding confidentiality in reporting things...

Say you were to send in a chat log, is it acceptable to delete your whispers from the log. Because I have been identified as having reported something because a PM from the mods got sent to the member concerned with the whisper in it.





Reality leaves a lot to the imagination


Heidi Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 01:47 AM   #126
Freedom Fighter
 
Freedom Fighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008

Thank you mods




Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her;
If you can bounce high, bounce for her too,
Till she cry "Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover,
I must have you!"

Thomas Parke D’Invilliers



Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 02:05 AM   #127
over and out
 
over and out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi Tiger View Post
Just a question regarding confidentiality in reporting things...

Say you were to send in a chat log, is it acceptable to delete your whispers from the log. Because I have been identified as having reported something because a PM from the mods got sent to the member concerned with the whisper in it.
My god do you understand how hard it was for me to understand that ¬_¬ I don't even know why it was that hard....





over and out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 11:26 AM   #128
Dreaming.
You are free.
 
Dreaming.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England.
I am currently:

Heidi, if you mention that to Day Tripper, she should be able to raise something about that.


Last edited by Dreaming. : 16-12-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Dreaming. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 01:05 PM   #129
Zeitgeist
 
Zeitgeist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi Tiger View Post
Just a question regarding confidentiality in reporting things...

Say you were to send in a chat log, is it acceptable to delete your whispers from the log. Because I have been identified as having reported something because a PM from the mods got sent to the member concerned with the whisper in it.
^ I'm sorry that happened, Heidi. First though, to answer the question - unless you wish to report the whispers, it's okay to take them out if they're not relevant.

It's good you bring this up, because a simple explanation is: From the format of the chat logs, it is usually pretty hard to tell what is a whisper and what isn't, as the "You tell xy" and "xy tells you" doesn't show. I can only assume in the case you mentioned we weren't aware that the log included whispers - when we give someone an example of what they did wrong, we tend to keep it to a minimum. Partly due to confidentiality... sending in logs is no different from post reports, though more often than not people in chat are more open about the whole "I'm going to report you"-thing.

When sending in a chatlog, if you leave the whispers in - it can't hurt to tell us they're there, and indicate them (by spacing out the text, colour-coding it, anything).

But yes, we'll keep this in mind *nods* *prods Shanners in direction of this* ;)



Face your life
Its pain, its pleasure
Leave no path untaken


Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 01:16 PM   #130
Narcissism
Boom
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am currently:

....Yea, sorry about that guys.
*feels guilty*



And climb high to the highest rung, to shake fists at the sky.


Narcissism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #131
Heidi Tiger
Loon NOS
 
Heidi Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nottingham
I am currently:

Thanks for the answers

It's ok, I don't need anything done about it now, it's over and done with. I was just wondering about deleting the whispers as its honestly something I'd never considered doing before, and well it seemed kind of dishonest to delete bits of chatlog so just wondered if it was ok to do so.





Reality leaves a lot to the imagination


Heidi Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 05:15 PM   #132
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.
 
griddlebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London.
I am currently:

Ive deleted whispers before if they have nothing to do with the log :)




There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.


griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 07:33 PM   #133
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale
 
Leo Pard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nurmengard
I am currently:

What happens if someone decides they want to annoy you and report every single one of someones posts ever? (Not that I will or have or am planning to just wondering)




The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.


I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.


Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 07:35 PM   #134
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.
 
griddlebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London.
I am currently:

Were very patient :P im not sure what would happen to be honest!




There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.


griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 07:37 PM   #135
Zeitgeist
 
Zeitgeist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am currently:

What Liv is tactfully not mentioning is the secret room down in the cellars of modland where bad people are put... forever. Of course, no one would bring that up in public. :P

Good question actually, I've never considered what would happen then.



Face your life
Its pain, its pleasure
Leave no path untaken


Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 07:37 PM   #136
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale
 
Leo Pard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nurmengard
I am currently:

Fair enough.

I think you should just throw them to the tigers...




The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.


I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.


Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:57 AM.