RYL Forums


View Poll Results: What do you call the big place you can take rubbish and recycling?
Tip 14 48.28%
Dump 13 44.83%
Household Waste Recycling Centre 4 13.79%
Other (please elaborate in a post) 2 6.90%
MOAR LESBIANZ 10 34.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29-05-2023, 08:22 PM   #121
Cacoethes
90's B*tch
 
Cacoethes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hyrule
I am currently:

Ewwwww!!!



I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!


Who else is fine?!?!?


Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2023, 08:26 PM   #122
Ahimsa
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I am currently:

The Facebook group around here is usually about escaped sheep. They have also EXTENDED the library opening hours to 8 hours a week.
Also the village newsletter tells you how many hours of hedge cutting have happened by the Parish Council in the past month.


Also, if you can't tell NOTHING happens around here.



if you think you know me in real life, no you don't.

Ahimsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2023, 08:50 PM   #123
Cacoethes
90's B*tch
 
Cacoethes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hyrule
I am currently:

Ahahahaha!
I love village fb groups XD
I still follow the one where my family used to live in herts
It's mainly bird sightings



I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!


Who else is fine?!?!?


Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2023, 10:04 PM   #124
long road
Has less of a life than Pi.R^2
 
long road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Ceiling
I am currently:

I drive past a household waste and recycling centre in the way home from holiday last week and thought of you all and this lovely thread.

When my Dad was a kid in the sixties in Wales the sheep used to break into people's bins and steal foodscraps!




QUACK!


long road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2023, 07:54 AM   #125
Cacoethes
90's B*tch
 
Cacoethes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hyrule
I am currently:

Haha! Classic Wales



I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!


Who else is fine?!?!?


Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2023, 11:05 AM   #126
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!
 
not_so_insig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Wales, UK
I am currently:

In a place semi near me called Llandudno they have wild goats. During lockdown they came into the town centre and broke into people's gardens.




Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013


not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2023, 11:46 AM   #127
long road
Has less of a life than Pi.R^2
 
long road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Ceiling
I am currently:

Goats and sheep, Wales is a wild place! Down here in the South West we just have aggressive sea gulls to deal with.




QUACK!


long road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2023, 12:05 PM   #128
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!
 
not_so_insig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Wales, UK
I am currently:

Our local village Facebook group is generally about events in the next village, missing parcels and people wanting recommendations for odd jobs. Current topic of conversation is the park - there are mixed feelings about the current park keeper with one person comparing the parkie to the gestapo!




Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013


not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2023, 01:04 PM   #129
long road
Has less of a life than Pi.R^2
 
long road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Ceiling
I am currently:

Oh dear not the Gestapo! I grew up in a large village (core was small but they built a few housing estates on the edges) I don't miss the gossip, something lovely and anonymous about living in a city.




QUACK!


long road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2023, 05:57 PM   #130
Pi.R^2
RYL Super Sponsor!
 
Pi.R^2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Safety Cupboard
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
Also the village newsletter tells you how many hours of hedge cutting have happened by the Parish Council in the past month.
In all seriousness is this a newsletter I could get access to because that sounds like amazing reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_so_insig View Post
recommendations for odd jobs. Current topic of conversation is the park - there are mixed feelings about the current park keeper with one person comparing the parkie to the gestapo!
Lol! What even is a parkkeeper? Do we have those in England??



No other sadness in the world would do


Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2023, 06:18 PM   #131
Cacoethes
90's B*tch
 
Cacoethes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hyrule
I am currently:

One of my favourite programmes/books as a very young child was percy the park keeper! I think that's what it was called anyway.



I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!


Who else is fine?!?!?


Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2023, 06:31 PM   #132
long road
Has less of a life than Pi.R^2
 
long road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Ceiling
I am currently:

I read those books Beckie! I even had a percy the parker keeper doll, although it was mildly creepy.




QUACK!


long road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2023, 06:46 PM   #133
Cacoethes
90's B*tch
 
Cacoethes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hyrule
I am currently:

Was a good book! A doll probably would be pretty creepy though XD



I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!


Who else is fine?!?!?


Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2023, 06:58 PM   #134
Pi.R^2
RYL Super Sponsor!
 
Pi.R^2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Safety Cupboard
I am currently:

If you think the doll was creepy - I just found a percy the parkkeeper mascot costume!!! https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32234619812.html



No other sadness in the world would do


Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2023, 07:03 PM   #135
Cacoethes
90's B*tch
 
Cacoethes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hyrule
I am currently:

Good lord



I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!


Who else is fine?!?!?


Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2023, 07:39 PM   #136
Auror.
Camden
 
Auror.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA

It has no reviews. Perhaps someone should buy it so we can post one?



Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.


You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.


Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2023, 07:53 PM   #137
Pi.R^2
RYL Super Sponsor!
 
Pi.R^2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Safety Cupboard
I am currently:

Perhaps thankfully, it says that it’s out of stock!



No other sadness in the world would do


Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2023, 08:22 PM   #138
Auror.
Camden
 
Auror.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA

Oh, woe. That's unfortunate.



Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.


You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.


Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2023, 09:36 PM   #139
Cacoethes
90's B*tch
 
Cacoethes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hyrule
I am currently:

It's aliexpress which is like a worse version of wish.
So it would probably be even worse than the picture!



I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!


Who else is fine?!?!?


Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2023, 09:40 PM   #140
Pi.R^2
RYL Super Sponsor!
 
Pi.R^2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Safety Cupboard
I am currently:

What’s wish?? (I hope you’ll keep describing it as comparisons to other sites until we reach one I’ve heard if!)



No other sadness in the world would do


Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:16 PM.