RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2010, 10:40 PM   #1341
Benji
Doink!
 
Benji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia

LOL @ goths.
As much as I hate referring to myself with the G word, I fear the conformity thing is just another example of us being tragically misunderstood. The ridiculously painful boots and unbearably hot clothes and makeup is so that we DO conform to a thingy. The thingy is sort of an ID tag in the back of our necks lodged somewhere between the third and fourth piercing. I cant explain it but yup.



Benji's Weekly Insight:
I have a Tonberry teddy called Grudge.


Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:27 AM   #1342
Asura
 
Asura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009

From what I've read here, it seems as though being "goth" IS about expressing individualism, but about doing it in your own way. You can mix and match your outfits as you desire; whether it be with make up or hair dye, by what tops you wear, etc etc.

People who don't understand goth only see the common factor of the colour black. At least that's my take on it.



Nous avons abrité tous les rêves du monde,
Et c'est dans le soleil que nous avons grandi.


Asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:41 AM   #1343
DestroyMe
the world is no longer mysterious
 
DestroyMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Florida
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alithaven View Post

People who don't understand goth only see the common factor of the colour black.
^pretty much
in my book "Goth" is a culture not a "it" trend there's so much more to it then just the clothes and it dates back to the 1890's (or farther)
so when I tell someone "yes I'm Goth" I speak that with a since of pride because to me it's my culture, not a trend thing to be.
and once you get passed the black clothing all of the goth culture is different.
-steps off soap box-



“Because everything that goes around comes around. Maybe it's luck or maybe it's fate, but either way, it comes back around."

Rest in Love Sar-sis. I'll see you the next time around hopefully <3 12/11/92-05/18/16
AJs mommy ❤️ 11/26/17
Married to my best friend and Soulmate 3/5/18 ❤️💍


DestroyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:45 AM   #1344
__T
 
__T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Englandshire
I am currently:



__T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:48 AM   #1345
DestroyMe
the world is no longer mysterious
 
DestroyMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Florida
I am currently:

rofl at the Edward Bella one



“Because everything that goes around comes around. Maybe it's luck or maybe it's fate, but either way, it comes back around."

Rest in Love Sar-sis. I'll see you the next time around hopefully <3 12/11/92-05/18/16
AJs mommy ❤️ 11/26/17
Married to my best friend and Soulmate 3/5/18 ❤️💍


DestroyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:53 AM   #1346
crazykat
Fight for another day
 
crazykat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Australia

Haha at the bella swan one :)



"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."


crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:13 AM   #1347
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)
 
risenfromperdition's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: hogwarts ^.^


so true. same with in a restaurant lol

i lost way too much on that page haha



“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:14 AM   #1348
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)
 
risenfromperdition's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: hogwarts ^.^

hahaha at the bella one



“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:29 PM   #1349
Intaytia
*
 
Intaytia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
I am currently:

I lost BIG time at that ^^
I had a full-on hearty laugh!
Thank-you for that!

Intaytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:44 PM   #1350
The 666th Pope
Hallelujah
 
The 666th Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon. View Post



Love is the most selfish emotion of all.


The 666th Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:14 PM   #1351
DestroyMe
the world is no longer mysterious
 
DestroyMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Florida
I am currently:

I lost at the drowning one
but the Ipad made me go "ewwie"



“Because everything that goes around comes around. Maybe it's luck or maybe it's fate, but either way, it comes back around."

Rest in Love Sar-sis. I'll see you the next time around hopefully <3 12/11/92-05/18/16
AJs mommy ❤️ 11/26/17
Married to my best friend and Soulmate 3/5/18 ❤️💍


DestroyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:19 PM   #1352
Fry
 
Fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon. View Post
I sniggered.




Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want?

(Used to be ~sonic~)


Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:38 AM   #1353
__T
 
__T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Englandshire
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon. View Post
Win.
That would've been a more productive use of the iPad name.

__T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 12:59 AM   #1354
Asura
 
Asura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009



Last edited by Asura : 13-04-2010 at 01:05 AM.


Nous avons abrité tous les rêves du monde,
Et c'est dans le soleil que nous avons grandi.


Asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 01:02 AM   #1355
MammaMia
 
MammaMia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007

LOL'd at the last two.



Have left RYL.

MammaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 01:06 AM   #1356
DestroyMe
the world is no longer mysterious
 
DestroyMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Florida
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alithaven View Post
oh I lost so bad



“Because everything that goes around comes around. Maybe it's luck or maybe it's fate, but either way, it comes back around."

Rest in Love Sar-sis. I'll see you the next time around hopefully <3 12/11/92-05/18/16
AJs mommy ❤️ 11/26/17
Married to my best friend and Soulmate 3/5/18 ❤️💍


DestroyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 01:10 AM   #1357
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)
 
risenfromperdition's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: hogwarts ^.^

haha. im done >.>



“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 01:33 AM   #1358
__T
 
__T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Englandshire
I am currently:








__T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 02:09 AM   #1359
MammaMia
 
MammaMia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007

LOL!!!!



Have left RYL.

MammaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 06:15 AM   #1360
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar
 
Feel_Good_inc.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere, but I'm not really sure
I am currently:




Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011



Feel_Good_inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:07 PM.