RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22-05-2009, 01:44 PM   #1241
simi
in dark times... look for a light switch
 
simi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
I am currently:

god i hate early mornings im so not a morning person... had to get up and get to an appointment that only lasted 5mins after walking for 30mins there and the same back... really what is the point



shoot for the moon... if you fail you'll land amongst the stars.

simi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #1242
sobriquet
Alison
 
sobriquet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Romford, Essex
I am currently:

^^ I hate when that happens. Having to get up early for something that seems completely pointless when you get there. I had a Drs appointment once to review my epilepsy medication. She asked me if I was still taking the tablets, if I'd had any side effects, if I'd had any more seizures. That was it. I was in the room for less than 2 minutes. And there was a sign in the waiting room to say that some appointments could be done over the phone to free up time in the surgery. Why couldn't they have just phoned me?!




7th July 2007

Hope is the feeling you have, that the feeling you have isn't permanent. (Jean Kerr)


sobriquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 02:08 PM   #1243
simi
in dark times... look for a light switch
 
simi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
I am currently:

yep mine was for my asthma... they told me that i needed an annual review but i went in november so clearly thats not annual??? the nurse is really nice and i like talking to her but it was pointless just so i could get my repeat prescriptions, but never mind guess its good they're keeping an eye on it.



shoot for the moon... if you fail you'll land amongst the stars.

simi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #1244
sobriquet
Alison
 
sobriquet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Romford, Essex
I am currently:

It's not even just wasting our time, it's wasting theirs. There are people who are actually ill who need to see nurses/doctors but can't because they have to waste their time on these appointments. Makes me mad! Lol!




7th July 2007

Hope is the feeling you have, that the feeling you have isn't permanent. (Jean Kerr)


sobriquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 02:48 PM   #1245
drampty
...trouble...
 
drampty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: staffs, uk. (home: *sigh*)
I am currently:

maybe they just like seeing you? *shrugs*



they say they have no claim to know what's right...
- Dar Williams, mercy of the fallen -
***
OH SURE! blame the bat... what the heck - we're easy targets!
***
'is 'alright' special timelord speak for 'really not alright at all'?'


drampty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #1246
sobriquet
Alison
 
sobriquet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Romford, Essex
I am currently:

That must be it - it's my charisma and charm that keeps them calling me back. :)




7th July 2007

Hope is the feeling you have, that the feeling you have isn't permanent. (Jean Kerr)


sobriquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 03:09 PM   #1247
drampty
...trouble...
 
drampty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: staffs, uk. (home: *sigh*)
I am currently:

exactly!



they say they have no claim to know what's right...
- Dar Williams, mercy of the fallen -
***
OH SURE! blame the bat... what the heck - we're easy targets!
***
'is 'alright' special timelord speak for 'really not alright at all'?'


drampty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #1248
simi
in dark times... look for a light switch
 
simi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
I am currently:

haha.. i love this thread and everyone seems alot less stressed atm



shoot for the moon... if you fail you'll land amongst the stars.

simi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 03:23 PM   #1249
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon
 
shadow-light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: York
I am currently:

worst ones are hospital appointments... when I was 1 I got my ears periced and ended up with keloids the size of golf balls :O
over the years (they finally went full at age of 18) I had so many appointments where I'd be in the waiting rooms for hours and then in the consultation room for 3 mins...

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #1250
Spoons
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UK
I am currently:

four weeks left of uni, then thats it, no more uni, no more canterbury, no more support, no more friends.

crap. it sucks to have to leave everything and everybody to go home, its going to be hell



We are not our failures...


Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 06:08 PM   #1251
drampty
...trouble...
 
drampty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: staffs, uk. (home: *sigh*)
I am currently:

*hugs* soons - it'll be ok!
shadow, i know what you mean about hospitals... and then if you dont turn up early/on time... its just urgh!
simi, lol, yeah they do! was just friday stressing me out tbh though cuase exams dont normally stress me out...

hows everyones stuff going?



they say they have no claim to know what's right...
- Dar Williams, mercy of the fallen -
***
OH SURE! blame the bat... what the heck - we're easy targets!
***
'is 'alright' special timelord speak for 'really not alright at all'?'


drampty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #1252
simi
in dark times... look for a light switch
 
simi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
I am currently:

theres not any change my end revision is still going (very slow) and yet more technology has decided to die on me.. printer is now dead to the world... i didnt event touch it, honest!!!!



shoot for the moon... if you fail you'll land amongst the stars.

simi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #1253
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon
 
shadow-light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: York
I am currently:

revision is hard :(

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #1254
simi
in dark times... look for a light switch
 
simi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
I am currently:

agreed



shoot for the moon... if you fail you'll land amongst the stars.

simi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #1255
Lemons!
~~Chrissy~~
 
Lemons!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Birmingham, UK
I am currently:

Oooooh can I join in?
I'm a journalism student in Birmingham loving and hating it in equal measures. I should be doing my research now. But I can't be bothered... *waves hi*

Lemons! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 10:59 PM   #1256
sobriquet
Alison
 
sobriquet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Romford, Essex
I am currently:

Hi Lemons!

Aw, I sympathise with all of you who are revising/working. Just remember, it'll be over soon.




7th July 2007

Hope is the feeling you have, that the feeling you have isn't permanent. (Jean Kerr)


sobriquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 11:22 PM   #1257
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

Hellooooo *hugs everyone*

My questionnaire should be getting sent out on Tuesday. Soooooo nervous! What if no one answers it? What if they give me crap data? Argh!

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #1258
sobriquet
Alison
 
sobriquet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Romford, Essex
I am currently:

They will answer it. If not, rope in friends or make up the data. If they give you crap data it gives you something to talk about in the discussion of the write-up (or you can 'adjust' it so it fits what you want! Lol!). What's your study on?




7th July 2007

Hope is the feeling you have, that the feeling you have isn't permanent. (Jean Kerr)


sobriquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 11:38 PM   #1259
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

I'd feel bad faking the data. I kinda want this to be something I've done and managed myself. And hopefully get a really good grade on. It's on the social geographies of international students at my university and their senses of place. Or in normal language, how integrated international students are, their friendship networks and how they feel about the city as well as their home country.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 11:51 PM   #1260
sobriquet
Alison
 
sobriquet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Romford, Essex
I am currently:

That sounds really interesting. Good luck with data collection!




7th July 2007

Hope is the feeling you have, that the feeling you have isn't permanent. (Jean Kerr)


sobriquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:14 AM.