RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2014, 05:33 PM   #81
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

Right?! John Lewis I am already going to try, along with Debenhams and M&S, but I have no idea where else. I'm looking for something quite specific which is why I'm looking for lots of places!

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:33 PM   #82
Wonderland.
 
Wonderland.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007

Card shops like Clintons do soft toys.



'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥


Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:36 PM   #83
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall. View Post
Card shops like Clintons do soft toys.
They do? Good Lord. Been a while since I've been in a card shop!

Seems like I'm going to be traipsing right around Glasgow for one blooming present!

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:51 PM   #84
Serendipity.
fabulous.
 
Serendipity.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010

Hope you find it!

I bought some 'my first Christmas' stuff for my friend's baby today. It's so cute!

Also, because I'm too lazy to Google. Does anyone know if you can send food (like, shop bought packaged food) to Australia?



"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."


Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:58 PM   #85
Wonderland.
 
Wonderland.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007

I'm sure it's possible Hannah. Where are you thinking of buying it from? There may be restrictions on certain items for example, fruit/meat/cheese. But if you buy online from an AUS shop it should all be perfectly legal.



'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥


Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:20 PM   #86
Serendipity.
fabulous.
 
Serendipity.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010

I'm reading the Royal Mail's information. There's a looong list of things you can't send. Including jewellery for some reason?!



"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."


Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:51 PM   #87
Serendipity.
fabulous.
 
Serendipity.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010

I think November is a reasonable time to start feeling festive!

I'm just going to avoid sending food! I will send pens instead. I'm sure pens are allowed. Probably :P



"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."


Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:54 PM   #88
tiptoes
Forum Mod
 
tiptoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK
I am currently:

It is more to keep my birthday special than there being an issue with festivities in November.

Anyone have good present ideas for a 4 1/2 year old that every other person wouldn't have thought of???



In my dreams I slew the dragon


tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:56 PM   #89
Serendipity.
fabulous.
 
Serendipity.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010

Yeah, that makes sense. I have a friend whose birthday is on the 21st, so she always wants to avoid Christmas until after that but then she wouldn't get all her shopping done. Sad times :P

A puppy!



"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."


Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:57 PM   #90
tiptoes
Forum Mod
 
tiptoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK
I am currently:

She already has a dog, otherwise I totally would!



In my dreams I slew the dragon


tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:59 PM   #91
Serendipity.
fabulous.
 
Serendipity.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010

Haha :P

A BOUNCY CASTLE



"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."


Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:05 PM   #92
tiptoes
Forum Mod
 
tiptoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK
I am currently:

Haha! Great Idea!!



In my dreams I slew the dragon


tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:08 PM   #93
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptoes View Post
Anyone have good present ideas for a 4 1/2 year old that every other person wouldn't have thought of???
What about something more "traditional"? So rather than shell out on something electronic and all the rage, look into something that may last a while. Or something more quirky and odd, but can't think of anything just now!

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:14 PM   #94
tiptoes
Forum Mod
 
tiptoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK
I am currently:

Yeah that is what I'd like to go for. Ideally something useful or educational but not too boring.
I try to steer clear of soft toys etc and she ends up with multiples anyway.



In my dreams I slew the dragon


tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:17 PM   #95
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

I remember loving those wooden labyrinth maze toys, but I don't know if she'd be too young for that? Depends on the child, really. If you think she's too young, maybe something along those kind of lines.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:19 PM   #96
tiptoes
Forum Mod
 
tiptoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK
I am currently:

Ooo I like the sound of like.... goes to google



In my dreams I slew the dragon


tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:31 PM   #97
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant
 
Elmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
I am currently:

What about some sort of musical instrument? Like when I was a kid I had a round spinny thing with bells that you hit with a stick on and it was excellent.


Last edited by Elmer : 06-11-2014 at 07:44 PM.


'It's an impossible choice ... I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.'

"You're not scared of climbing mountains. You're scared that you can't make them move."

Jenna was here :P


Elmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:32 PM   #98
tiptoes
Forum Mod
 
tiptoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK
I am currently:

That is a good idea too, she really likes music.



In my dreams I slew the dragon


tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:47 PM   #99
Rug
 
Rug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Stroud
I am currently:

I am literally christmas mad!!!! I love it! Been wearing my crimbo socks and tshirts already!

Have you ever heard Tim Minchin's - White wine in the sun? It is a christmas song that is a good description of how I feel about it at times!

But also....muppets christmas carol!!! ANNND Lebukuchen!!!! MMmmMMmmm!!!!!

Rug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:22 AM   #100
nowhereman
 
nowhereman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
I am currently:

My favourite song!

Gothic Christmas

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:37 PM.