well i emailed
cause i had a petition about summat like this a while back if you guys remeber?
an im interested
an wanna get he message out
ill tell my dad its cause im recovering, maybe
not sure yet
Firstly, a huge and massive thanks to all the many people who have jumpd forward interested in helping out here, it has been truly great to see so many people willing to give to forward SI awareness and proper understanding in society - long may it continue :)
I have this morning got a message from Emma's workmate (Emma is out filming) to say that they have been literally swamped by contacts from people, to the extent she is struggling to reply to everyone all at once! So she asks that the door now be closed on things, at least for now, until they have had a chance to sort through all the amazing people they already have had contact them.
If you are still interested in doing some SI awareness stuff however - I got this in the mail yesterday night :
hi there
I wonder whether you can help? I'm a journalist for the Daily Mirror looking for a woman who has self-harmed to speak to me for a feature I am writing. I'm a volunteer counsellor and trainee psychotherapist as well as a freelance writer, so I would handle the interview very sensitively, and she would need to be happy to have her full name and photo in the paper - the picture will only be used very small. I'd like to post my request on the forums but wanted to check it was ok to do so? I'm on a very short deadline so if you could come back to me asap to let me know, I'd be really grateful. Thanks, Charlotte
Get in touch with me if you are interested in that, again, it would be UK members only.
Let me be the one you call
If you jump i'll break your fall
Lift you up and fly away with you into the night
If you need to fall apart
I can mend a broken heart
If you need to crash then crash and burn YOU'RE NOT ALONE
I got an email off of some lady called frances, I think :S she said that emma's off filming someone so I had to talk to her :S has anyone else had that email off her?
'All this for a damn princess'
♥ Drella, YellowLemon, ChloeBean
Glittertrashdoll, Blind at heart, Mercipourlevenin, Silent_Screams, Laurawr ♥
I got an email back a while back and phoned frances,
She's so so lovely and asks about your life, what you're doing now, and also asks things like
how old were you when you first started self harming,
can you remember why etc
I talked to her for about half hour (thank god she rung me back)
They say they want to wait till everyone who may be interested to phone up, they will then arrange "Interviews" see if you'r good on camera, if they think it'll work and to see if you think you can do it.
Only then can they make a choice of who will take part.
Eeep. But yeah, phone her, she is so easy to talk to and sounds lovely. =]