RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #841
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.
 
FabulousMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Here, there and everywhere.
I am currently:

Thank you, I thought it might be better in a step by step guide.





FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #842
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.
 
FabulousMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Here, there and everywhere.
I am currently:

It would be like this..

Step 1 - Laugh.

Step 2 - Troll and make other laugh.

Step 3 - Make A*L the people laugh.

Step 4 - Smile some more.

-------------

Ok, i'm going to stop hijacking now, sorry!





FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #843
SayYou'llBeMyNightingale
 
SayYou'llBeMyNightingale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: harrogate
I am currently:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWicpTAkkOA&feature=player_detailpage"]Self Harm. - YouTube[/ame]





I still think the world would be better off without me
Some people, when they hit rock bottom, they dont have that person in their lives to pick them back up
The mirror can lie, it doesnt show you whats on the inside.
I dont think im fixed, people think that your like a car in a body shop, you go in, they fix you and your out, you work like your brand new, it doesnt work like that at all
Sometimes i dont understand my self.
Im not strong enough and im tired of pretending i am.

SayYou'llBeMyNightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #844
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.
 
FabulousMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Here, there and everywhere.
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alone and Scared View Post
If you use the website I have given you, they can find some support for you and help you to find a support service that works for you - and help you to work out how you can do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect.Star View Post
I know it can seem scary but I think you really need to do this.
You are 15. You can make a Dr's appointment for yourself. To make an appointment you will need to get the GP's phone number and call them. Your mum must have the number in her phone/phone book or if you know the name of their surgery you could look it up on the internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snailonvalium View Post
You just ring up,say id like to make an appointment to see a Dr,then the receptionist will give you an appointment. The only other ways to do it are get your mum to ring or go in,in person and make one.
I know its scary even thinking about going to speak to someone but at some point,you're going to have to.

I mean an adult,not us or Sean,an adult. Or it could get to a point where adults will step in and speak to you about what's going on. You can't hide an eating disorder or sh forever from people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosted Liberation View Post
Ashlee, could you reply to this please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstract449 View Post
Hey ashlee, I've glanced over some of the info on the sites that were offered and I managed to shrink down some of the information to make it easier to understand. Here's some bits and pieces about counseling services in Harrogate (i was originally going to get all the info off the sites, but I accidentally closed the tab while working on it lol!)

anyway,
Young Carers

The young carers team provides support, trips and activities, holidays and
youth clubs for children and young people who help to look after someone at
home because a family member has an illness, disability, mental health or an
alcohol / drug issue. They also offer family support.

Address: 11 North Park Road, Harrogate, HG1 5EF
Tel: 01423 500555

---

Relate-teen

Offers a free counselling service for 10 to 25 year olds in the Harrogate District including the effects of parental separation or divorce and family breakdown.

Open: Monday to Thursday from 9.30am to 4.30pm and 6.30pm to 9.00pm, Fridays from 9.30am to 4.30pm and Saturdays from 9.30am to 12.30pm
Tel: (01423) 502173 for an appointment (There is a 24 hour answerphone service)
Email: relateharrogate@ukonline.co.uk
Web: www.relateweb.co.uk/p_YoungPeople.ikml

---

4 Youth Service @ Trax (this one seems really good c:!)

4 Youth Service @ Trax provides free information, advice, support and counselling to young people aged 13 to 19 years. The Youth Work Team operates a drop-in service, no appointment necessary. Other services include free condom distribution, issuing ISIC cards and providing resources for others who work with young people.

Address: 15-17 Station Bridge, Harrogate, HG1 1SP
Tel: 01423 569321
Email: julie.spink@northyorks.gov.uk

---

Trax @ Connexions

Trax provides a wide range of information, guidance and counselling to young people. At Trax a young person will meet a Connexions Personal Advisor or youth worker who will support him or her in seeking the information or service they need. During the day, young people can access high quality, impartial career guidance services to assist them in making decisions about education, employment or training. In addition, the 4 Youth Service is available each Monday and Friday evening and Saturday afternoon and Bumps 2 Babes ante-natal support for teenagers is available Thursday afternoons.

Open: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm and Thursdays from 9.30am to 1.00pm and 3.30pm to 5.00pm
Address: 15-17 Station Bridge, Harrogate, HG1 1SP
Tel: 0845 034 9573
Email: trax@northyorks.gov.uk
Web: www.connexions-direct.com or www.getconnectednow.co.uk

---

Trax by Night

Trax by Night is open Monday and Friday evenings and Saturday afternoons. At these times, young people can drop in, chill out and meet their friends in a safe, cafe-style environment run by youth workers.

---

Trax Underground

Trax Underground aims to meet the needs of young people who do not or cannot attend traditional youth provision. The project is street based and covers Harrogate. The project meets young people in the places they congregate and offers support and a sign-posting service to other agencies. The project offers advice and support through discussion, leaflets and occasional one to one support. They cover topics from drugs and alcohol to the Law, sexual health and bullying. Please contact the team and they will meet you in town where they can discuss the way forward. Messages for the team can be left at Trax.
---
anyway, these are just suggestions. If you need help with understanding anything else just let me know~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shine. View Post
^ That's a fantastic post. Thank you for posting that.

Ashlee, like others have said, you cannot live like this forever. I know that it's hard and scary but you will feel better if you have support other than Sean. It will be a bit easier for you.

Go and find the number for your local doctors surgery and ring them on Monday.

How about sending an email to the Trax place (trax@northyorks.gov.uk) mentioned above? Emailing is a little bit like talking here, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmike View Post
A step by step guide how to make a doctors appointment..

Step 1 - Find the phone number for your doctors, you can find this number online (here are some in your area, it might be here http://www.yell.com/s/doctors-harrogate.html)

Step 2 - You pick up the phone and type in the number of the doctors.

Step 3 - You tell the person on the other end of the phone that you would like to make an appointment to see the doctor.

Step 4 -The person on the phone will ask you questions like, your name, date of birth (D.O.B), your address etc etc.

Step 5 - You tell the person on the phone all the information they want.

Step 6 - The person on the phone will give you a time and date to be at the doctors.

Step 7 - You write down this time and date and don't forget it.

Step 8 - You have a doctors appointment.

Step 9 - Go to the doctors on the day and tell him/her EVERYTHING.

Step 10 - Jobs a good un.
Ashleee, These are all good points, would you like to reply to any of them?

(Sorry if i've missed any).





FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 10:20 PM   #845
Eccentrics
Occasionally lurking
 
Eccentrics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: UK
I am currently:

Ashlee, the bottom line is that if you want help, you need to speak to someone.

If you're not willing to take this advice, then there really is nothing else we can say and I'm sorry but bumping this thread with a video is pointless... We all understand self harm here.

I can sympathise that going to the doctors yourself is a very scary thing to do, but remember you ARE old enough to do this. If you're too scared, as others have said before, there are other options such as talking to teacher, Mum, calling helplines etc.

Eccentrics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 03:44 AM   #846
Starla
 
Starla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
I am currently:

I am not sure how I feel about reinforcing this post but I feel like this needs to be said. If you are having trouble asking for help tell a teacher. It could even be a former teacher that you liked or was nice to you. I am a teacher and I can honestly say that if a former student came to me with any type of problem I would do whatever I could to help. I have many teacher friends who would do the same.
No one can help you unless you take the step to ask for help.



"Living is easy with eyes closed."

Starla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #847
Gone.
 
Join Date: May 2009

Ashlee, why not follow Mike's post and ring your doctor tomorrow?



Left.


Gone. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #848
RenewedHope
formerly: Ghosted Liberation & GhostsInSnow
 
RenewedHope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Midlands
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow_Dash View Post
Ring your doctor on Monday & get an appointment Ashlee. Or if you're not willing to follow advice, then this needs to be closed because it is going round in circles. My opinion anyway.
^ This.
You're not following advice, you're ignoring quite a few people and when you don't have an answer you post videos or song lyrics. I personally can't see what more you can get from this thread.

RenewedHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #849
abstract449
Here kitty kitty
 
abstract449's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Earth
I am currently:

You make a very good point, Dash. Thank you for this. More often than now we assume that people will cooperate and take any and all advice with open arms. When this does't happen, it really does pose as somewhat of a challenge. Unfortunately even though nothing has worked, we're still urging advice onto Ashlee when it's clear that we've done all that we can. Everyone just wants to see her take the advice into consideration, but that's up to her. For now I'm going to back away from this thread and take solace in knowing that she has a goldmine of support and advice waiting for her whenever she's decides she's ready.

So Ashlee, good luck. I hope sometime soon you can use all of this great advice offered (: It's going to require some effort on your part, but once you're willing to do that things will change for the better. Best of luck



☮


abstract449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #850
chelly965
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I am currently:
shud I tell sumone

Iv cut my arm and the urge is there still shud I tell my carers or nurse please I really don't know what to do

chelly965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #851
Pi.R^2
RYL Super Sponsor!
 
Pi.R^2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Safety Cupboard
I am currently:

Hello there Chelly; welcome to RYL. I think that it would be best to tell your carers or your nurse about this, as they'll be able to help you :)

Also, you might find you get more replies if you start a thread of your own, as this is Ashlee's thread, so people will mainly be focussing on her. If you follow this link you'll be able to make your own thread, where you can tell us a bit about yourself and what sort of help you'd like! http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum...newthread&f=29

Best of luck!



No other sadness in the world would do


Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #852
SayYou'llBeMyNightingale
 
SayYou'llBeMyNightingale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: harrogate
I am currently:

Oohhh, somethings gunna happen





I still think the world would be better off without me
Some people, when they hit rock bottom, they dont have that person in their lives to pick them back up
The mirror can lie, it doesnt show you whats on the inside.
I dont think im fixed, people think that your like a car in a body shop, you go in, they fix you and your out, you work like your brand new, it doesnt work like that at all
Sometimes i dont understand my self.
Im not strong enough and im tired of pretending i am.

SayYou'llBeMyNightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #853
CaiteeBug
Why Be Normal? Paranormal Is More Fun!
 
CaiteeBug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Out of this world
I am currently:

What is going to happen Ashleigh?





CaiteeBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #854
SayYou'llBeMyNightingale
 
SayYou'llBeMyNightingale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: harrogate
I am currently:

today ma boy spoke to me and asked to meet him alone on wednesdayy at school cos he want to talk



also had my hair cut todayy





I still think the world would be better off without me
Some people, when they hit rock bottom, they dont have that person in their lives to pick them back up
The mirror can lie, it doesnt show you whats on the inside.
I dont think im fixed, people think that your like a car in a body shop, you go in, they fix you and your out, you work like your brand new, it doesnt work like that at all
Sometimes i dont understand my self.
Im not strong enough and im tired of pretending i am.

SayYou'llBeMyNightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #855
ccjg
Carrie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
I am currently:

Have you given ANY thought to the reams of amazing advice you received re. going to get help?? Or are you just going to allow your life, your moods and your mental wellbeing to be dictated by a 15 year old boy?

I'm sorry to be harsh but this is making me angry.

ccjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #856
Imperfect.Star
 
Imperfect.Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London

^ I'm glad you said that because it is also making me angry. I know I should just stop reading but instead I'm going to put my 2 cents in.

Please note I do not mean that problems of different scales are not problems and don't deserve support!

Ashlee I would like to put things in perspective for you. Your biggest life dilemma right now seems to be a boy who doesn't like you the way you like him.

At work we frequently have to deal with telling people their loved ones are dying. We have to see them dying.
I have been with parents saying goodbye to their 6 week old baby after we couldn't resuscitate him.
I have rushed a lady to A+E after finding her miscarrying at 12 weeks and bleeding heavily.
A good friend has just been admitted as an emergency to hospital because she became so ill with anorexia.
In Africa I have seen many people dying of diseases we can treat easily here.
There is a lady in her 50s in hospital at the moment dying of liver disease.
A very close friend has to spend every day looking after her extremely disabled son who will always require as much care as if he were a toddler.
There are millions of elderly people struggling with pain and illnesses who are lonely and don't have caring families to look after them. A patient of mine's wife is in her 80s and the sole carer for her husband who sometimes doesn't recognise her because of his dementia and is slowly dying of untreatable cancer.

These are just some examples of people with massive problems who all deserve this much support and would most likely be grateful for it. I apologise if I am wrong but I still haven't seen you either thank anyone for their advice or post in support of anyone else. I think it is unbelievably rude and selfish.

*if I have crossed the line please let me know and I will remove this post*



Always seem to get things just that little bit wrong.

"don't wish, don't start, wishing only wounds the heart"


Imperfect.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #857
SayYou'llBeMyNightingale
 
SayYou'llBeMyNightingale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: harrogate
I am currently:

well you'll all just have to wate and see till wednesday





I still think the world would be better off without me
Some people, when they hit rock bottom, they dont have that person in their lives to pick them back up
The mirror can lie, it doesnt show you whats on the inside.
I dont think im fixed, people think that your like a car in a body shop, you go in, they fix you and your out, you work like your brand new, it doesnt work like that at all
Sometimes i dont understand my self.
Im not strong enough and im tired of pretending i am.

SayYou'llBeMyNightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #858
Gone.
 
Join Date: May 2009

Why should we wait, Ashlee? We don't have to do anything and it's a bit ungrateful for you to receive such absolutely fantastic advice and support from some wonderful people and for you to just throw it aside.

What do you want from this thread other than to tell us things such as that you got a haircut and that 'your boy' has asked you to meet him on Wednesday. Okay, so you're thinking a lot about it but that doesn't mean your life has to go on hold until Wednesday, does it? You can do other things in the mean time.

I don't mean to be harsh, Ashlee, but wake up, please. Before you know it you'll be 17/18/19 and you'll have lost your life to cutting yourself over a boy. That will be a terrible position to be in and if you can stop this now and access the help we are giving you, please do. If you don't want the help, perhaps you should stop commenting in this thread, take a step back and think about what you do want.

Dash, your points are excellent.



Left.


Gone. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #859
hellokittymad
it's not too late, it's never too late....
 
hellokittymad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sheffield, UK
I am currently:

you can not let your life be definde by some silly 15 year old boy, it is unhealthy and is a silly obsession because just having a boy is not going to let you get over or get help for your self harming and eating disorder that you claim you have, no boy, has magic powers to help you get through it alone and as many others have said and i am going to say you need professional help of some sort in order to organise your prioraties, it's not the boy that's your prioratiy, right now, it's getting good grades, having good friends, copign with emotions and feeligns in a healthy way and getting help off of an adult! you can't be obesessing over a boy who you are not confidient enough in [as i gathered from the different names] is even the one who will be able to help you.

Ashlee, he shouldn't be the thing that defines you, you should be able to define yourself and he shouldn't be the person you are stopping your self harming for you should stop for yourself not because you believe getting with a boy is going to get you to stop, when you don't know this for certain and it could make it worse.

Now I'm sorry if you don't like my opinion and I do not mean to be harsh but it is not wise to pin all your will power, stopping, emotions, obsessions and hopes on a boy!



"pretty pretty please dont you ever ever feel like your less than less than perfect"

"Don't ever change, you're perfect the way you are"
only a PM away for ANYONE

Gem [smurfette] is my little sister and my princess <3

R.I.P. Keith....31/10/12....forever missed
R.I.P. Lewis....18/01/13....forever I'll love you, forever missed

hellokittymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 11:28 PM   #860
ccjg
Carrie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
I am currently:

I'm sorry?? We'll all just have to WAIT AND SEE??

Ashlee, believe it or not our lives do not revolve around your obsession with Sean.

ccjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:31 AM.